The future

Hey guys, want your input on who you think from the lower grades could genuinely be a first grader in the future. Its quite obvious we lack some attacking spark and go forward. Who stands out to you guys?

Also, thoughts on Dillon and Cini as some people on here have said some promising things about these 2.

Cheers guys.

I feel sorry for Braden Robson. Done more than enough to earn a promotion to the top 30 imo.

@GNR4LIFE Me too! He would be the perfect no14 if not a Cameron miccnes type 9 or even at lock.

@Madge said in The future:

Hey guys, want your input on who you think from the lower grades could genuinely be a first grader in the future. Its quite obvious we lack some attacking spark and go forward. Who stands out to you guys?

Also, thoughts on Dillon and Cini as some people on here have said some promising things about these 2.

Cheers guys.

Liam Scolari (wing) and Curtis Wilson (centre).

@GNR4LIFE said in The future:

I feel sorry for Braden Robson. Done more than enough to earn a promotion to the top 30 imo.

Yes I like Robson but did miss quite few games this year with injuries … so not sure. I would put Heleta in the same group always puts in but just not sure if up to consistent NRL top 30 place.
Looking forward to see how Talau, Madden, Clark and Bradley develop their games.
The rest are not ready for NRL at the moment but there is some reasonable gems amongst the juniors which may turn into cream for spots in 2021 top 30 roster.

@momo_amp_medo said in The future:

@GNR4LIFE said in The future:

Yes I like Robson but did miss quite few games this year with injuries … so not sure. I would put Heleta in the same group always puts in but just not sure if up to consistent NRL top 30 place.
Looking forward to see how Talau, Madden, Sayfarth, Clark and Bradley develop their games.
The rest are not ready for NRL at the moment but there is some reasonable gems amongst the juniors which may turn into cream for spots in 2021 top 30 roster.

Kane bradley… really like him… and anyone is better than robert…

Early 2019 it was dylan smith…but he is out of form

Jack Madden will be a class first grader and Zac Cini is the other one for me of those outside the top 30

The alternative question is how many lower grade players will we carry in our top 30 that will never rise above that level and would be a liability if ever selected to play 1st grade.

I think we are running at 4-5 at the moment

@Madge Young kid by the name of Jordan Hill. Finishes up year 12 at Holy Cross this year and has been signed for the next 2 seasons to Fleggs.

Plays First Grade AFL, touch for the roosters but will focus on league from Nov this year.

Winger, speed to burn but most importantly he is a quality young bloke.

Scores a great try in the following video (3 min mark)

https://www.facebook.com/172464459586487/posts/1341919879307600/

@Auburnon80 looking forward to his development. Has speed and height which we have lacked immensely! Thanks for that!

Madden ill wait and see, he will be given every chance probably play a couple of nrl trials, hope he keeps developing. Bradley will not play nrl on the wing and we are not helping the kid by persevering with him in that spot. Doesn’t turn well, and also gets caught turning in all the time in defence, played his whole life as a halfback/ five eighth at bankstown sports, and moved to the backrow at about 14/15 years old and we have him on the wing cause he’s tall, feel sorry for him. Scolari I like, he’s tough, aggressive, and quick needs more skill when he gets in the clear, needs to work on his kick back in field, and positioning his support when in the clear, promising, cini is a gun ball carrier, has got a lot stronger since the start of the year, but like most outside young backs has defensive issues, and has a bad habit of getting dragged over the sideline on early tackles, but that will be coached out of him, bright future, Dillon is a match winner with the ball in his hand, but size will be his problem moving forward, has brilliant pace and generally scores when given early ball in opposition 30. He had major defensive issues at the start of the year, but did improve,he will take hard carries early in tackle count coming out of own red red zone, (unlike Dylan smith), but he will need to get bigger and more aggressive in defence to go up in level. Curtis Wilson had a good second half of the year but was found out badly in defence for the fist 6-7 weeks , the st George centre gave him a bath at leichhardt but he got better as the year went on. Couple of other guy’s like felix smith, ray jankovic, Michael fenn…etc hopefully can continue to improve… Cant comment on the qld kids, they all come with wraps, wait and see how they go.

@Auburnon80 said in The future:

@Madge Young kid by the name of Jordan Hill. Finishes up year 12 at Holy Cross this year and has been signed for the next 2 seasons to Fleggs.

Plays First Grade AFL, touch for the roosters but will focus on league from Nov this year.

Winger, speed to burn but most importantly he is a quality young bloke.

Scores a great try in the following video (3 min mark)

https://www.facebook.com/172464459586487/posts/1341919879307600/

Looking at the video highlights looks like a young G.I.

@fred said in The future:

Madden ill wait and see, he will be given every chance probably play a couple of nrl trials, hope he keeps developing. Bradley will not play nrl on the wing and we are not helping the kid by persevering with him in that spot. Doesn’t turn well, and also gets caught turning in all the time in defence, played his whole life as a halfback/ five eighth at bankstown sports, and moved to the backrow at about 14/15 years old and we have him on the wing cause he’s tall, feel sorry for him. Scolari I like, he’s tough, aggressive, and quick needs more skill when he gets in the clear, needs to work on his kick back in field, and positioning his support when in the clear, promising, cini is a gun ball carrier, has got a lot stronger since the start of the year, but like most outside young backs has defensive issues, and has a bad habit of getting dragged over the sideline on early tackles, but that will be coached out of him, bright future, Dillon is a match winner with the ball in his hand, but size will be his problem moving forward, has brilliant pace and generally scores when given early ball in opposition 30. He had major defensive issues at the start of the year, but did improve,he will take hard carries early in tackle count coming out of own red red zone, (unlike Dylan smith), but he will need to get bigger and more aggressive in defence to go up in level. Curtis Wilson had a good second half of the year but was found out badly in defence for the fist 6-7 weeks , the st George centre gave him a bath at leichhardt but he got better as the year went on. Couple of other guy’s like felix smith, ray jankovic, Michael fenn…etc hopefully can continue to improve… Cant comment on the qld kids, they all come with wraps, wait and see how they go.

Thanks for the info on some of these guys - have not seen them myself except for Bradley (was not impressed).
What position do Scolari and Dillon play, Fred?

Thanks again, appreciate your insight.

@Russell Scolari is a winger and Dillon is a fullback. You can watch jersey Flegg highlights if you just type up ‘Wests tigers jersey Flegg’ On google search then go to videos l, you will find the match highlights. Watch a few of them.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme