Wests withdraw from RMC 2020..

@shane2801 said in Wests withdraw from RMC 2020..:

@tigerap Tell that to the staff and players. Ingnorant comment.

We are a professional rl club our money should be spent on pathways to fg. Rmc doesn’t provide fgers. Waste of money. Especially for a club always short of money. Sometimes hard decisions have to be made. Spending money on rmc can be moved to other areas.

@tigerap said in Wests withdraw from RMC 2020..:

I cant name one decent player from WT that came from the RMC…its a nothing competition, right?

Shane can’t either

@shane2801 I think you will find it’s a factual comment…

You have no idea.

You have no idea.

Name one player who has come from our Ron Massey Cup side to be a successful first grader.

As others have said, RMC isn’t an NRL pathway. The good players go from Flegg, to Reserves to first grade. There are plenty of guys playing reserves that will never play NRL.

If you aren’t good enough to play reserve grade, it’s unlikely you’ll cut it in the NRL.

You have no idea.

It’s pretty easy to name a player, any player, if he really has no idea. But you can’t. I’m sure the staff and players are great people (why you probably took offence) but it doesn’t change facts.

If it saving money that will be put into more successful pathways I say good call WTs

Fiji to get NSW reserve grade league team
00:16
FIji will have a team in the second-tier NSW Cup by 2021, with the Pacific nation to take its biggest leap in rugby league.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison confirmed on Friday in Fiji that the Kaiviti Silktails would play in the Ron Massey Cup next year before entering reserve grade in 2021.

It comes after a Papua New Guinea team began playing in the Queensland Cup in 2013, winning the competition in 2017.

“This is a great part of Fiji’s welcoming in to the NRL in Australia,” the prime minister announced at Friday night’s PM’s XIII match in Suva.

"This is going to create a great opportunity for young Fijian players coming through the ranks to be exposed to rugby league in Australia.

"I think you will get a good following from the Aussies who will love the brand of rugby league you are going to play.

Fiji have supplied several stars in recent years to the NRL, most notably 2019 leading try-scorer Maika Sivo at Parramatta.

Marika Koroibete and Semi Radradra are other players to have grown up in Fiji before starring this decade in the league.

Friday night’s match in Fiji was also the first time the PM’s XIII side had travelled to the country instead of PNG.

There has also been the introduction of the Oceania Cup this year, which includes Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Samoa, PNG and rapidly improving Tonga.

“One of the most-important things is that we are engaging the Pacific,” ARL Commission chairman Peter Beattie said.

"The Pacific is the most rapidly growing part of the game outside of Australia … You’ve seen that with Tonga.

"We need to get players out of Fiji to get NRL experience … If they are getting NRL experience like the Tongan players do, they are going to grow.

“Hopefully, in five-10 years, you’re going to see Test-quality teams coming out of not just Tonga, but Fiji, Samoa and PNG.”

©AAP2019

I like where the NRL are heading with the South Pacific teams. A strong international calender would be great.

Came across this on Twitter :

Curtis Woodward

@woodward_curtis
Follow
Follow @woodward_curtis

More
Can’t say much at the moment but Wests Tigers/Magpies are about to get bent over big time. Story to follow.
4:30 AM - 16 Oct 2019

Have no idea what it is in relation to. The guy is a bit of a Campbelltown tragic but says its nothing to do with Campbelltown and not NRL player related. Wouldn’t reveal anything else.

@diedpretty Wonder if it’s to do with the Fiji team becoming a feeder for a different club.

This guy has an extreme agenda pro campbelltown. He’s not a journalist though - think he does a blog and maybe some online commentary in lower grades?

last edited by balmain boy

@balmain-boy These pro agenda Campbelltown types want to be wary , it would be very easy for the West group to cut all ties with the area that does not want to support a NRL side and consolidate there inner west heartland … Oh that is happening ! Time for another blog … hating on the West’s group …