Johns/Molan Spat

• @Tigerlily said in Johns/Molan Spat:

@Russell said in Johns/Molan Spat:

Not a great fan of Erin, but she is very talented and has a great deal of football knowledge imo. I also think Sampson, Simms and Alisha Ferguson are very good at what they do. Apart from Yvonne wouldn’t even mention the other females on Fox and Danika Mason on 9 is pathetic, always tries to do an impersonation of a very untalented race caller. These comments are based on these females ability to broadcast and their knowledge - nothing to do with looks or whether they are hot or not as that has no relevance.

In the men’s department Johns and Slater are the standouts with Lewis not far behind. Wouldn’t feed the remainder apart from Gus if he got it together instead of just trying to rev Rabs up and trying to be a clown instead of the very expert commentator he could be. Also he needs to stop with the “why did they pull that up it was only marginally forward” etc. etc. The rules are the rules, makes him look like a dope.

Have been a great fan of Rabs over the years, but it is time to hang the mike up especially with mistakes like “Leilua is tackled on the 40, no in fact it is Papali” and “the Group ? in Junee is going really well, Rastus’s uncle Louie played for them in 1936”. Matt Thompson is the new man and is going to get better and better - he is only 35.

Most of the RL people on other channels are very very ordinary and if one of these channels gets the TV rights next time - OMG. You think Channel 9 is bad.

Having spent 20 years in the broadcast industry I just wanted to pass on my thoughts for what it is worth.

Have to agree with you on Danika she drive me crazy when she speaks as she continually insists on putting a rolling “and ah” or just an “ah” in front of every second word…It’s worse then nails down a chalkboard😬

Excuse my ignorance, but who is she and/or what does she do?

• @formerguest said in Johns/Molan Spat:

@Tigerlily said in Johns/Molan Spat:

Not a great fan of Erin, but she is very talented and has a great deal of football knowledge imo. I also think Sampson, Simms and Alisha Ferguson are very good at what they do. Apart from Yvonne wouldn’t even mention the other females on Fox and Danika Mason on 9 is pathetic, always tries to do an impersonation of a very untalented race caller. These comments are based on these females ability to broadcast and their knowledge - nothing to do with looks or whether they are hot or not as that has no relevance.

In the men’s department Johns and Slater are the standouts with Lewis not far behind. Wouldn’t feed the remainder apart from Gus if he got it together instead of just trying to rev Rabs up and trying to be a clown instead of the very expert commentator he could be. Also he needs to stop with the “why did they pull that up it was only marginally forward” etc. etc. The rules are the rules, makes him look like a dope.

Have been a great fan of Rabs over the years, but it is time to hang the mike up especially with mistakes like “Leilua is tackled on the 40, no in fact it is Papali” and “the Group ? in Junee is going really well, Rastus’s uncle Louie played for them in 1936”. Matt Thompson is the new man and is going to get better and better - he is only 35.

Most of the RL people on other channels are very very ordinary and if one of these channels gets the TV rights next time - OMG. You think Channel 9 is bad.

Having spent 20 years in the broadcast industry I just wanted to pass on my thoughts for what it is worth.

Have to agree with you on Danika she drive me crazy when she speaks as she continually insists on putting a rolling “and ah” or just an “ah” in front of every second word…It’s worse then nails down a chalkboard😬

She’s sometimes reporting on the sidelines or in the sheds during the broadcasts.

• @formerguest said in Johns/Molan Spat:

@Tigerlily said in Johns/Molan Spat:

I don’t know anything about her, other then the fact she’s just popped up out of nowhere to appear on channel nines commentary team at some point through the year.

• @OzLuke said in Johns/Molan Spat:

@Tiger_Steve said in Johns/Molan Spat:

Genuinely interested in your thoughts on the demise of Ch 9’s cricket. Back in the day it was brilliant with Richie and Bill etc. modern guys were woeful. What happened to the great standard they had?

You swapped guys who loved the game and played because they were passionate about it with guys who played it only because they were good at it.

I must admit Steve I am not the best person to ask about cricket these days. I have basically reduced my interest in the game by about 75% since Steve Waugh retired or shortly after.

If you look at the players, say (as you mentioned) from Richie Benaud, Bill Lawry, Ian Chappell, Doug Walters, Dennis Lillie, Rod Marsh, Alan Border, Steve Waugh, Mark Taylor and Ian Healy (maybe Max Walker) - the talent and passion that these players put into their game also came across in their commentary or comments in their broadcasts - and was their a better commentator than Alan McGilvrey (even the mighty Richie Benaud would admit it was a bridge too far).

Look at what we have now - in comparison, very little. We still have a few of those old guys around (that are starting to see better days) but Shayne Warne, Michael Slater, Michael Clarke etc. fall short in my estimation and it is a sad reflection that we have a Pomy and a non test player as one of our best commentators in Mark Nicholas. Look at all the great cricketers, come commentators we have to look forward to, in the not too distant future - give me a few hours, I’m sure I must be able to come up with one.

It is generally acknowledged that the WWOS (cricket section) is on the decline and starting to get out rated by other forms of the game etc.

We could draw a long bow Steve and suggest that their RL commentary team will be going the same way if they don’t get their act together - mind you it would help them if the NRL got theirs together as well.

• @balmain-boy said in Johns/Molan Spat:

@Spud_Murphy said in Johns/Molan Spat:

@balmain-boy said in Johns/Molan Spat:

Molan just isn’t very talented. Why can’t people call a spade a spade? She may try hard but if she doesn’t have it then she should move on to a different career path. No shame in that - we all experiment in our work lives.

In your opinion she’s not talented, in mine and many others’ opinions she is very talented in what she does. She does as good a job as Bracey does in the same role. Why should she have to change careers because you believe she is not talented? Do you think Bracey should move on also?

> I have no idea who Bracey is.

It’s not just one person’s opinion that matters, but be sure if channel nine viewers don’t think she offers much and is a waste of space then channel nine should will give her the flick. Just as they did to fatty and co and many other callers in the past.

In the entertainment industry if what you’re doing isn’t popular then you need to change your offering to something the public likes. Of course nine would need to dig deeper than online comments on social media via focus groups etc.

No one (or at least most people) are having a go at her just because she’s female, there are other females in similar roles doing a good job, but erin tends to grate many people the wrong way. That’s showbiz…

Really? If you watched the grand final at all he was the guy doing the master of ceremonies on stage after the game. He’s been the other anchor, besides Molan, of the games on 9 for the past 2 years. Hard to miss, he has a really big head (literally, nor figuratively) lol.

• @Russell said in Johns/Molan Spat:

@OzLuke said in Johns/Molan Spat:

@Tiger_Steve said in Johns/Molan Spat:

Genuinely interested in your thoughts on the demise of Ch 9’s cricket. Back in the day it was brilliant with Richie and Bill etc. modern guys were woeful. What happened to the great standard they had?

You swapped guys who loved the game and played because they were passionate about it with guys who played it only because they were good at it.

I must admit Steve I am not the best person to ask about cricket these days. I have basically reduced my interest in the game by about 75% since Steve Waugh retired or shortly after.

If you look at the players, say (as you mentioned) from Richie Benaud, Bill Lawry, Ian Chappell, Doug Walters, Dennis Lillie, Rod Marsh, Alan Border, Steve Waugh, Mark Taylor and Ian Healy (maybe Max Walker) - the talent and passion that these players put into their game also came across in their commentary or comments in their broadcasts - and was their a better commentator than Alan McGilvrey (even the mighty Richie Benaud would admit it was a bridge too far).

Look at what we have now - in comparison, very little. We still have a few of those old guys around (that are starting to see better days) but Shayne Warne, Michael Slater, Michael Clarke etc. fall short in my estimation and it is a sad reflection that we have a Pomy and a non test player as one of our best commentators in Mark Nicholas. Look at all the great cricketers, come commentators we have to look forward to, in the not too distant future - give me a few hours, I’m sure I must be able to come up with one.

It is generally acknowledged that the WWOS (cricket section) is on the decline and starting to get out rated by other forms of the game etc.

We could draw a long bow Steve and suggest that their RL commentary team will be going the same way if they don’t get their act together - mind you it would help them if the NRL got theirs together as well.

Thanks Russell.

The old team of Richie, Bill, Tony, chappelli etc were classy. Of the new breed I enjoy Warne and Ponting. Also think mark Howard is a great commentator/interviewer

• @Russell said in Johns/Molan Spat:

agree with everything except about molan. still don’t rate her.

• @formerguest You have probably hit on the real reason. Nobody likes a privileged General’s daughter? Except me, and my Dad was only a Colonel.

• @GNR4LIFE said in Johns/Molan Spat:

Holly Hollis has them all covered. Closely followed by a lass that does the in studio stuff for the AFL. Don’t know her name.

The Greek girl …is that who you mean Gunners

• @happy_tiger said in Johns/Molan Spat:

@GNR4LIFE said in Johns/Molan Spat:

Holly Hollis has them all covered. Closely followed by a lass that does the in studio stuff for the AFL. Don’t know her name.

He might be talking about Kath Loughnan

• @Harvey said in Johns/Molan Spat:

@happy_tiger said in Johns/Molan Spat:

I just googled her. Not her. I’m a brunette man.

• @Spud_Murphy said in Johns/Molan Spat:

Molan just isn’t very talented. Why can’t people call a spade a spade? She may try hard but if she doesn’t have it then she should move on to a different career path. No shame in that - we all experiment in our work lives.

In your opinion she’s not talented, in mine and many others’ opinions she is very talented in what she does. She does as good a job as Bracey does in the same role. Why should she have to change careers because you believe she is not talented? Do you think Bracey should move on also?

It’s not just one person’s opinion that matters, but be sure if channel nine viewers don’t think she offers much and is a waste of space then channel nine should will give her the flick. Just as they did to fatty and co and many other callers in the past.

In the entertainment industry if what you’re doing isn’t popular then you need to change your offering to something the public likes. Of course nine would need to dig deeper than online comments on social media via focus groups etc.

No one (or at least most people) are having a go at her just because she’s female, there are other females in similar roles doing a good job, but erin tends to grate many people the wrong way. That’s showbiz…

Really? If you watched the grand final at all he was the guy doing the master of ceremonies on stage after the game. He’s been the other anchor, besides Molan, of the games on 9 for the past 2 years. Hard to miss, he has a really big head (literally, nor figuratively) lol.

I avoid channel nine like the plague. It’s just gutter trash compared to Fox coverage.

• @balmain-boy said in Johns/Molan Spat:

I avoid channel nine like the plague. It’s just gutter trash compared to Fox coverage.

Both are garbage!

• @GNR4LIFE said in Johns/Molan Spat:

@Harvey said in Johns/Molan Spat:

Natalie Yoannidis
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=natalie+yoannidis&qpvt=natalie+yoannidis&FORM=IGRE

• @happy_tiger said in Johns/Molan Spat:

@Harvey said in Johns/Molan Spat:

Natalie Yoannidis
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=natalie+yoannidis&qpvt=natalie+yoannidis&FORM=IGRE

Not her. She isn’t Greek.

Recent Topics