JACK WIGHTON TO TEST MARKET OFF CONTRACT 2020

We have a number of players off contract 2020
would be worth marking an offer off 1 million to put the tiger amongst the pigeons.Thoughts

@Elderslie_Tiger Not at that price. He’s better than I used to think but that’s insane money.

There is a thread for this ,called Signing Suggestions and Rumours… please use it…

It’s a big gamble to pay that coin to Wighton. He has come out and told the raiders to punch it because he wants to test the market, even after the raiders stood by him after he committed a crime where realistically he should’ve done some gaol for it.
Show’s the mentality of the guy. Not doubting his talent, just his morals and scruples. That the sort of player we want?

@2041 1 million may be overs but as an incumbent SOO and Kangaroo player what value would be acceptable Raiders will be under enormous salary cap pressure to hold there STARS at 26 could be the franchise player we need

A million dollars for Wighton is crazy he is a better than average centre but that is all.Whoever pays him that much would be wasting their money

Wighton debuted as a centre and looked very promising. When Teddy reneged on his deal they moved Wighton to full back. He was OK there, but not great.

He is a dangerous running 5/8, but his kicking and passing game are pretty clunky. To pay $1m to a 5/8 he should be the complete package, and Wighton is not that.

In my view, Wighton is an outstanding centre that has been played out of position for most of his career.

@fibrodreaming said in JACK WIGHTON TO TEST MARKET OFF CONTRACT 2020:

Wighton debuted as a centre and looked very promising. When Teddy reneged on his deal they moved Wighton to full back. He was OK there, but not great.

He is a dangerous running 5/8, but his kicking and passing game are pretty clunky. To pay $1m to a 5/8 he should be the complete package, and Wighton is not that.

In my view, Wighton is an outstanding centre that has been played out of position for most of his career.

Top centres do get top money. Did I read recently that M Jennings was on $800k at the eels? Now that’s crazy. $750k seems bang on to me.

@rustycage said in JACK WIGHTON TO TEST MARKET OFF CONTRACT 2020:

@fibrodreaming said in JACK WIGHTON TO TEST MARKET OFF CONTRACT 2020:

Top centres do get top money. Did I read recently that M Jennings was on $800k at the eels? Now that’s crazy. $750k seems bang on to me.

8-850k would be my offer for 2021, take it or leave it. Wouldn’t think of paying that sort of money for a centre. We don’t need one, but we need a 5/8. He is not much of a full back in my estimation. If we could grab Lomax for centre and this guy for 5/8 starting to cook with gas.

If you don’t think he can play 5/8 you didn’t watch the GF.

some club will pay it for sure. As for us we have to many holes in our roster to be throwing a large chunk of the cap at one player. We are certainly in the market for a six when Benji retires, but I think we have to look at cheaper options. You never know by than we might be able to fill the position from within

@supercoach said in JACK WIGHTON TO TEST MARKET OFF CONTRACT 2020:

some club will pay it for sure. As for us we have to many holes in our roster to be throwing a large chunk of the cap at one player. We are certainly in the market for a six when Benji retires, but I think we have to look at cheaper options. You never know by than we might be able to fill the position from within

is he the sort of player that would attract other players to play with him though? That might be worth an extra kicker…

Million dollar player lol

I hope he stays at the Raiders, he’s a 150 game player, is only 26 so they should do everything they can to keep him as the man to build around and become a 300+ one club man, just like Benji should have been before we mucked him around back in 2013

He’s on 900k for next year (possibly for 2021). Not worth that much.

last edited by balmain boy