Brett Finch

• Really sad news breaking currently that Brett Finch has returned to a mental health facility after a ‘medical episode’.

Finchy, I don’t know you but all the best champ. Hope you conquer your demons

• @Tiger_Steve said in Brett Finch:

Really sad news breaking currently that Brett Finch has returned to a mental health facility after a ‘medical episode’.

Finchy, I don’t know you but all the best champ. Hope you conquer your demons

Well said mate! I was hoping he was on top of it all now, but mental health issues are extremely hard to break!

• If I’m not mistaken, wasn’t he on a footy show a few months ago high on something? Drugs and mental health sometimes go hand in hand, if he does have an addiction with something and the something is exacerbating his mental health, I hope he can get the support and has the inner strength to get them both under control.

• Here’s hoping that he can come through this.
    Could the concussion’s he experienced during his career, be a contributing factor ?

• @westTAHger said in Brett Finch:

Here’s hoping that he can come through this.
    Could the concussion’s he experienced during his career, be a contributing factor ?

They most definitely can be, these do seem to be issues he has had for a long long time though!

• Yeah he has a young child now as well …Good luck Finchy …might play the clown but he has some footy brains

• cocaine is a helluva drug.

• Hope he is O.k, Get well.

• @westTAHger said in Brett Finch:

Here’s hoping that he can come through this.

Only someone in the medical field would know that. He has however stated numerous times how he has struggled with life after football. Misses the excitement, recognition etc which doesn’t sound like is concussion related in my completely untrained and lack of any medical knowledge opinion.

• @TigerTiger about a month ago he was on the Matty Johns podcast . Finchy was off that night . You could tell he was not well.
    Why the producers let him go on air in that state astounds me.

• A good bloke Finchy, hope he’s ok

• be especially hard when he has a really young daughter…even when you have so much joy in your life sometimes these things just get you down.

Good luck Finchy…

• We’d all wish Finch the best in his overcoming whatever demons he faces.
    This is the worst hidden handicap and so very very harmful without real care, understanding and support.

Recent Topics