Financial situation of the clubs

@OzLuke said in Financial situation of the clubs:

@Strongee said in Financial situation of the clubs:

@gallagher this is the most short sighted comment I think I’ve ever read on here ! Imagine wanted a few Ws on the board more than the long term financial and , by extension success of the club . You constantly whinge about the club and players not wanting to come here , and all the best players leaving , bla bla bla … Yet ! Have no real solution to fix these formerly systemic issues . Now that the club is starting to clear these issues , you still moan . I would be embarrassed if I were you .

agree…a lot of players would look at what has happened to our club over the long term in regards to bad front office management and not want to come here. Yeah wins on the board are important, but it all starts from the top down.

@gallagher is not talking about being financially irresponsible, look at Panthers for example, they lost $8m before their Leagues club grant in the knowledge that the Leagues Club money would be there. We spend less so we can say we made a profit without a LC grant, who is in the better position, who is more likely to attract players?

I’d rather us spend a bit more and have WA put a bit of money in!

A good result for the WESTS Tigers…

@gallagher said in Financial situation of the clubs:

Cheers for the link. Im actually surprised we’re as high as 9th in spending. But why isn’t WA contributing anymore? A couple of mill a year and we’re spending similar to souths and the chooks.

Pretty sure leagues club only kicks in when we run in the red.

Interesting to note only one “one town team” recorded a loss (Canberra.) Pretty good going that were running a profit with only the Bunnies the other Sydney team to record a profit.

I know it doesn’t always mean you’re doing the right things on the field but for the longest time we were garbage on the pitch and the front office. I like knowing we’re aren’t always reliant on proceeds of gambling.

I don’t understand the first chart. What is that spending in relation to?

@Cultured_Bogan said in Financial situation of the clubs:

Cheers for the link. Im actually surprised we’re as high as 9th in spending. But why isn’t WA contributing anymore? A couple of mill a year and we’re spending similar to souths and the chooks.

Interesting to note only one “one town team” recorded a loss (Canberra.) Pretty good going that were running a profit with only the Bunnies the other Sydney team to record a profit.

I know it doesn’t always mean you’re doing the right things on the field but for the longest time we were garbage on the pitch and the front office. I like knowing we’re aren’t always reliant on proceeds of gambling.

We are owned by the proceeds of gambling!

@cochise said in Financial situation of the clubs:

We survive off the backs of misery. I know people who have committed suicide due to pokie addiction.
Worse than drugs or alcohol because there is no limit to the damaged caused. It saps your soul.
You can only take so many drugs or drink so many before you’re sick. Pokies are only limited by your access to money.
I’ve seen a guy put a house in Balmain through the pokies in under 6 months.

I despise them.

I didn’t know that the owners only contributed when we make a loss. I don’t understand why they would put in $2mil to cover a loss but not chuck in $2mill to take us up to the next level as a club.

I didn’t know that the owners only contributed when we make a loss. I don’t understand why they would put in $2mil to cover a loss but not chuck in $2mill to take us up to the next level as a club.

I was the same…wouldn’t you throw money in to amp the place up not to just keep treading water?

@matchball said in Financial situation of the clubs:

We survive off the backs of misery. I know people who have committed suicide due to pokie addiction.
Worse than drugs or alcohol because there is no limit to the damaged caused. It saps your soul.
You can only take so many drugs or drink so many before you’re sick. Pokies are only limited by your access to money.
I’ve seen a guy put a house in Balmain through the pokies in under 6 months.

I despise them.

I don’t disagree with any of that, but it is not going to change, without pokies there would be no Wests Tigers!

I was the same…wouldn’t you throw money in to amp the place up not to just keep treading water?

Got me baffled. Why keep the license? Its like theres no ambition to succeed.

leagues club invests in team…team succeeds…brings in more sponsor dollars…more attendance at leagues clubs…more juniors want to play…but then what do I know?

The JV agreement has always been the partner cover the operating loss of the Wests Tigers…

Spending more on the football department won’t necessarily provide success on the field…

Spending smarter will…

last edited by Geo

The only logical reason would be the money they have pumped into clearing up Balmain’s debts Maybe they will inject more once those expenses are cleared up?

The only logical reason would be the money they have pumped into clearing up Balmain’s debts Maybe they will inject more once those expenses are cleared up?

Yeah possibly. Hopefully.

Yeah possibly. Hopefully.

makes sense

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.