Restructure this subforum

Hi everyone

I’d like to propose that we restructure this subforum.

At the moment most posts are in the “Rumours & Suggestions” thread, where it’s hard to keep track as multiple discussions happen.

I propose that anytime new discussion comes up about a player, we create a specific thread for them.

For example, the Matterson stuff can all stay in the currently active thread, where it’s better suited.

@Kul said in Restructure this subforum:

Hi everyone

At the moment most posts are in the “Rumours & Suggestions” thread, where it’s hard to keep track as multiple discussions happen.

I propose that anytime new discussion comes up about a player, we create a specific thread for them.

For example, the Matterson stuff can all stay in the currently active thread, where it’s better suited.

Hi everyone

I’m good with that.

Conversation always goes off on a tangent to varying degrees. Your proposal might prove just as difficult to adhere to. But I don’t see why anyone would be against that.

But then my legacy on the forum from my old account I lost will be gone hahaha

Hi everyone

So everytime someone thinks a player is worth signing you what to start a new thread…?

Hi everyone

Agree … good idea.

The only potential problem i can see is that there are some people on here who will suggest half a dozen players which would mean the same number of threads.I am sure that every single one of those threads will end up like the river amazon with so many outlets(players mentioned).
In theory it sounds fine in actual practice i am less confident

Definitely on board with this.
At the moment it’s too difficult to keep up with discussion.

All good with that Kul - sounds good.

Create a poll!

I’m fairly easy either way, but it’s probably easier to have a thread for each player IF there is an article/rumour/news that makes it worth discussing. If it’s a suggestion, then it’s just someones opinion, so can probably stay in one big thread of people saying we should sign Latrell or whoever…

@Geo said in Restructure this subforum:

Hi everyone

So everytime someone thinks a player is worth signing you what to start a new thread…?

Its Hobbo idea …he wants players ranked as well

Plodder …Super Plodder …Platinum Plodder

What about a thread for suggestions and a thread for rumours?

I am good with that idea but I thought mods could move posts now to the proper thread.

I think Players already contracted to The Tigers Top 30 are OK to have their own Threads but there are 15 other teams with 30 players in each and who knows how many Non NRL Poms, Kiwis and Islanders are out there? And then there are the Juniors to come through.

So I suggest splitting the Suggestions & Rumours into 2 sub forums.

The Rumour Thread would contain only Rumours

The Suggestions Thread would contain just that, “Suggestions”

Players would be located in the relevant thread based upon where they are currently contracted eg Souffs Players go in the Souths Rumour Thread.

So something like this:
Rumours - followed by these thread headers:
NRL Teams (A thread for each team including Tigers Rumours!)
UK Superleague (just a single thread)
Kiwi & Pacific Islander (a single thread)
Other Sources (eg Rugby) (single)
Junior Talent (single)

Suggestions
Same format above

Just a thought.

Meanwhile, if anyone needs help with their shoe collection I’m off contract with Dunlop in 2021. Cheers

I don’t mind the idea of splitting it up into WT rumours and NRL rumours for the other teams.