Tigers to have $1.7 Million for next year

Matterson/Matulino/Marsters combined?

@barra said in Tigers to have $1.7 Million for next year:

I reckon it’s closer to over $2M and that’s not counting Both Reynolds and Macqueen who are still being shopped around for next year.

bugger signing more players let have a party for us poor tigers supporters, we go thew so much drama and shit each and every year we could do with a good shing ding. lol

Well people have been wanting us to be more like the Roosters and this is the first step: all players magically take on vastly inflated contract values when leaving.

Wests Tigers expected to confirm release of Ryan Matterson and retirement of Ben Matulino later today. Club now ready to join the ranks of rugby league’s big spenders. Funny game rugby league
https://twitter.com/brentread_7/status/1189780496193970176?s=19

@WT2K Spare a thought for Ben Matulino, still a young man, livelihood gone

The most important thing about having money to spend is spending it wisely and not spending big dollars on another clubs problem players.For once we need to get it right

@momo_amp_medo said in Tigers to have $1.7 Million for next year:

@barra said in Tigers to have $1.7 Million for next year:

I reckon it’s closer to over $2M and that’s not counting Both Reynolds and Macqueen who are still being shopped around for next year.

FWIW I’m sure Reynolds is off too. He doesnt want to play hooker, he has publicly stated that in the past some time ago now, and I suspect the time he got in the last couple of matches showing his wares has provided the avenue to his going. I suspect Gold Coast.

@jadtiger said in Tigers to have $1.7 Million for next year:

The most important thing about having money to spend is spending it wisely and not spending big dollars on another clubs problem players.For once we need to get it right

There is only a short time frame before all the good players available for 2020 are signed up by other clubs.

@rex2ce Agree- sad to see any player medically retie but if hes knees are gone, its best to save what you have. In his older years he will not be a well person with knee problems.

Thanks Ben for all your effort.

@Newtown said in Tigers to have $1.7 Million for next year:

@jadtiger said in Tigers to have $1.7 Million for next year:

There is only a short time frame before all the good players available for 2020 are signed up by other clubs.

I think we’ve probably had players in mind and in a holding pattern pending this announcement.