International triple header *live thread*

Most of those Australian players played NRL; Finals footy; Origin; 9s etc…

anymore NRL for the year? seeems endless…

@TillLindemann said in International triple header *live thread*:

Tui took Tonga to a historic win over Australia.

He also took Salford - an absolute cellar dweller- to the grand final this year.

Under the right coach he could have done a lot better at the Tigers.

The question again is, why don’t players perform at the Tigers?
You see them in another Jersey and they look a different player.

As a patriotic Aussie how good was it to see Tonga play with such pride and committment.Their win was totally deserved i know it is an old cliche but football really was the winner tonight.
A few of the glamour players showed their lack of composure during the game.Suttons refereeing was on a par with Meningas coaching.
All kudos to Tonga great performance

@Tweed_Tiger said in International triple header *live thread*:

Worst game I have seen from Munster showed no respect for his opposition same as Latrell

Absolutely the most over rated player currently behind Mitchell and Cordner. What a fraud.

@4jtigers said in International triple header *live thread*:

@TIGER said in International triple header *live thread*:

Mitchell is never a test/international player… probably in Origin but even that has doubts… he never has the temperament with these kinds of games… attitude is his problem

His attitude was aweful tonight, putrid!!!

He prances around like he’s a king and showed no respect for the opposition or the ball or his team mates or jersey.
Wouldn’t see an Australian jersey in a while for mine.

Hanging around Mundine is never a good idea

Is that for real? Is he being influenced by that chump?

@trentrunciman said in International triple header *live thread*:

i think the NRL season is waaay too long to be honest…some of those aussie players played so much footy. Looked like they were just mucking around at times…

Credit to Tonga though.

Maybe the Aust team don’t care so much about playing for there country. They would rather play for the $miilions doled to them by their clubs. Isn’t the NRL today mainly about big money for the players?

The better team won.
As one of the Nine commentators said, they were playing for their country and did it wholeheartedly.
On the other hand, we have players who don’t even acknowledge our anthem. It seems that attitude also translates into how they play for the country.

@Tiger_Steve said in International triple header *live thread*:

@TIGER said in International triple header *live thread*:

Mitchell is never a test/international player… probably in Origin but even that has doubts… he never has the temperament with these kinds of games… attitude is his problem

His attitude was aweful tonight, putrid!!!

He prances around like he’s a king and showed no respect for the opposition or the ball or his team mates or jersey.
Wouldn’t see an Australian jersey in a while for mine.

Hanging around Mundine is never a good idea

Is that for real? Is he being influenced by that chump?

I saw in the news today’s that the Doggies wants to sign Latrell Mitchell and Mundine apparently has been the go to man… he can’t be the go to man if he never had some sort of relationship with Latrell

Fox Sports: Anthony Mundine is in the middle of Latrell Mitchell contract talks with the Bulldogs.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/anthony-mundine-in-the-middle-of-latrell-mitchell-talks-with-canterburybankstown-bulldogs/news-story/2c9c986ce80d8f18661ffb504b8e1309

@voice_of_reason said in International triple header *live thread*:

The better team won.
As one of the Nine commentators said, they were playing for their country and did it wholeheartedly.
On the other hand, we have players who don’t even acknowledge our anthem. It seems that attitude also translates into how they play for the country.

Absolutely- so sick of these over opinionated teenagers. Apart from kicking a ball they’ve done nothing! Time for these egomaniacs to put up, shut up and be amazingly thankful for what they have been gifted.

@dazza65 said in International triple header *live thread*:

@SeanT Meninga’s a myth

Sorry I must have missed Mal , turning the ball over , missing tackles , poor options in attack

Just last night I was watching Mal in Game 1 1982 SOO literally turning an SOO game in 5 minutes , making Steve Rogers look 2nd rate

Tonga becomes just 5th Test side to beat Australia since 1908, joining Great Britain, New Zealand, France and England.

Australia has also lost International fixtures to New Zealand Maori and a Welsh XIII side - both of which happened in 1909.
https://twitter.com/AndrewRLP/status/1190549016976580609?s=19

@4jtigers If I was Mitchell and a club was offering that money for what is produced …where do I sign !Get it now mate longevity in the game is not in your stars !

After that the Dogs or any club considering Latrell must be having second thoughts.
He got dropped from NSW and rightfully so, they looked better without him, he wasn’t flash for his club and now this woeful performance for his country.
The kid has major major attitude problems, if I was chasing him my offer would have just been pulled.

@Snake good on him if he does but that doesn’t change the fact that he needs to change his attitude when game time comes… he can be great but most times when we see him rattled, when things doesn’t go his way and he never seems to recover

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.