Bring home Murdoh-Masila

I always had time for this bloke. Alot couldn’t wait to get rid of him. Not always do kids with potential shine when we all want them to.Talent takes time to develop and this guy needed that. If the tigers just kept some patients with him. I now say bring him home he is what we need up front

@Wa_Mag_Tig said in Bring home Murdoh-Masila:

I always had time for this bloke. Alot couldn’t wait to get rid of him. Not always do kids with potential shine when we all want them to.Talent takes time to develop and this guy needed that. If the tigers just kept some patients with him. I now say bring him home he is what we need up front

You can can judge the club for letting a lot of talent go over the years, but i’ll draw a line at BMM. The club was supposed to carry him all the way to now? I don’t think so.

@GNR4LIFE said in Bring home Murdoh-Masila:

@Wa_Mag_Tig said in Bring home Murdoh-Masila:

You can can judge the club for letting a lot of talent go over the years, but i’ll draw a line at BMM. The club was supposed to carry him all the way to now? I don’t think so.

Only so long you can wait on potential to become a solid NRL player who best and worst are fairly similar

Tui looks good when playing for Tonga too.

BMM had a killer game tho.
Was all over the place.

Didn’t he go to Penrith for a year or 2 after us?

I think if i recall he was very close to Foutiaka (spelling) and his death knocked him around a lot. Either way, what some of those guys displayed last night would be beyond them in the week in week out grind of the NRL. Its impossible to play with that emotion every week.

Liked him as well, but how old is he now ?.

Always had so much ability. Sheens and Potter (maybe) didn’t get it out of him. Was a dynamic forward who broke the line.

He debuted when he was 19.He’s now 28. We were supposed to wait 9 years for him to reach his potential? Guess people should stop complaining about Brooks then. He still has another 3 or 4 years.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

He did have some good games he was just inconsistent. He can play it’s just whether he can handle the demands of getting up every week to meet the standard required to be successful in the NRL. If his attitude/mindset has changed he has got all the attributes.

If we had kept his potential at the time maybe he would’ve shown it two fold by now. Forwards come good mostly in the late 20’s, except forr panye hass, Brooks will shut up alot of people on this forum

These players remind me of Olsen Filipaina they become superstars for their country but ordinary in clubland 🤔🤯

Just needed a decade of patience with BMM, that’s all. Because he’s a star in a one or handful or rep games and goes alright in ESL.

Playing 24 rounds of NRL, plus 4 finals if you are good enough, every season is not remotely comparable to test football or English Super League, not by a country mile.

It must be remembered that he was deeply affected by the suicide of his close friend at WT. Haven’t seen any of his latest efforts, but do recall him having hands like feet.

@formerguest said in Bring home Murdoh-Masila:

It must be remembered that he was deeply affected by the suicide of his close friend at WT. Haven’t seen any of his latest efforts, but do recall him having hands like feet.

Sorry, but that isn’t an excuse. He was already not living up to the hype when that happened, it just happens with some players?

@CarltonDry said in Bring home Murdoh-Masila:

These players remind me of Olsen Filipaina they become superstars for their country but ordinary in clubland 🤔🤯

Exactly my thoughts. Very easy to get yourself motivated for 1 or 2 games a year. We need players motivated for all the games they play