Have your say on Women's Rugby League

Have your say on Women’s Rugby League
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Mon 4 Nov 2019, 04:35 PM

It’s been a huge year for women’s rugby league with new world champions crowned and a host of fresh talent emerging.

With planning for the 2020 season underway, NRL.com is giving fans the chance to have their say on the future of the women’s game with a series of questions in a survey below.

From possible expansion of the NRLW to more international games, there has never been a greater time to send in your feedback.

The 2019 season all started in February with the New Zealand Maori Ferns beating the Indigenous All Stars 8-4 at AAMI Park in Melbourne.

NSW continued on their recent winning ways to retain the State of Origin shield at North Sydney Oval in front of 10,515 at the suburban venue.

The likes of rookies Millie Boyle, Kirra Dibb and Shakiah Tungai all announced themselves on the big stage and were rewarded with Australian jerseys by season’s end.

Defending premiers Brisbane defied a lack of pre-season favouritism to fire in the NRLW grand final and take out back-to-back titles in front of more than 35,000 at ANZ Stadium.

The Jillaroos’ recent dominance over New Zealand finally ended with the Kiwi Ferns upsetting the favourites in the World Cup 9s.

But the two-time World Cup champions themselves had the last say with a 28-8 victory in the recent Test match in Wollongong.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WP5L9Y7

It’s OK.
There, I’m done.

Other things to do.
But feel free to enjoy it!

I would like to see more that just the same 4 teams in the actual WNRL comp. Surely they can bring a few more teams in to make it longer and more interesting. Our WT girls go ok.

4 team comp is a totally pointless concept. They win the grand final and and react like it’s a life long dream. The comp only goes for a month doesn’t it?

There is a big difference between the mens and womans competitions as a whole, though, whilst one is growing at all levels, the other, well …

Not enough games/teams. Should be one team for each NRL club.

Boring.
Lame.

I like hot chicks though.

Meh
Same as cricket and the soccer, whatever

@dazza65 said in Have your say on Women's Rugby League:

Meh

I’m sorry but women’s cricket and women’s football are streets ahead of the NRLW

But I’d say numbers playing women’s RL are very quickly going to overhaul women’s cricket

Be 20 years until we see a 16 team full NRLW season

last edited by happy_tiger

@happy_tiger said in Have your say on Women's Rugby League:

Meh

I’m sorry but women’s cricket and women’s football are streets ahead of the NRLW

But I’d say numbers playing women’s RL are very quickly going to overhaul women’s cricket

Agree, but you have to start somewhere - 4 teams now but it can be built upon.
I think for one that it is worth doing.

Meh

Meh

last edited by Russell

@Russell said in Have your say on Women's Rugby League:

Meh

Meh

Meh

@Russell said in Have your say on Women's Rugby League:

Meh

Meh

Meh

Trying to say through a lost connection that
You have to start somewhere - 4 teams now but you can build on that.

Think it is worth doing myself.

@happy_tiger no…wasnt talking about the sport themselves and how they are administered or whatever, meh was my interest…

more teams are needed…

Its like drinking Coke No Sugar…its the equivalent to U14 A footy for the North Ryde Hawks its all a PC stunt and a way to build player numbers…and having Alana Fergerson and Simms as commentators pees me off as they have never played NRL or close too it just a PC stitch up by Ch9 whos once great telecast to RL is a shambles now

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme