Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

@TIGER said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@happy_tiger said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

In my opinion Latrell won’t want to play fullback once he sees the expected workload …his biggest advantage is that he can play 10-15 minutes a game and win a game that way …much like Inglis at SOO level was

He is a $850 k a season player (salary cap wise ) in my opinion

Do you honestly believe that he doesn’t know what the workload is at fullback?

Like anything in life things can seem easy until you try it on …fullback is as mentally draining as it is physically draining and organizing a defensive line isn’t something you learn overnight

@OzLuke said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

so the latest rubbish in regards to LM that I’ve read is…

Roosters put him on the outer after he didn’t get a car from Politis…

honestly and truly the dribble that is out there

The sad thing is the Facebook cretins eat it up.

@TheDaBoss said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@851 said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@TIGER said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

Just heard from my uncle’s brothers cousins girlfriend’s budgies goldfish that LM is all but signed as a Tiger for 2020.

So what 48 hours til we know 😄

Goldfish is more trusty than some reporters

More brains too

@Kazoo-Kid said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@OzLuke said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

so the latest rubbish in regards to LM that I’ve read is…

Roosters put him on the outer after he didn’t get a car from Politis…

honestly and truly the dribble that is out there

The sad thing is the Facebook cretins eat it up.

Unlike us learned folk on WTF!!

Tigers coach Michael Maguire admitted the club would look into securing the services of Mitchell but that the side had several positions with several names including the likes of Queensland forward Jai Arrow and his Gold Coast Titans teammate AJ Brimson still potentially on the club’s radar.

“You look at every player, that’s my job to make sure that you look at potentials and what could be in your team, so in time we will work through those sorts of things,” Maguire said.

“As a coach it’s my duty and (as) an organisation we have got to look at whatever is available at that moment in time, and also too can it actually fit in your (salary) cap?”

But the move could come on the back of wanting to play fullback — a role he wouldn’t get with James Tedesco at the Roosters.

@Elderslie_Tiger said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

Tigers coach Michael Maguire admitted the club would look into securing the services of Mitchell but that the side had several positions with several names including the likes of Queensland forward Jai Arrow and his Gold Coast Titans teammate AJ Brimson still potentially on the club’s radar.

“You look at every player, that’s my job to make sure that you look at potentials and what could be in your team, so in time we will work through those sorts of things,” Maguire said.

“As a coach it’s my duty and (as) an organisation we have got to look at whatever is available at that moment in time, and also too can it actually fit in your (salary) cap?”

But the move could come on the back of wanting to play fullback — a role he wouldn’t get with James Tedesco at the Roosters.

I love Madge’s poker face.

I hear the Tigers will sign LM to a $2M contract on the provision he never tries to grow a bum fluff moustache EVER whilst at the club!

Rivals aren’t honest, they want a piece of Latrell Mitchell, says manager Wayde Rushton
Despite a host of NRL clubs denying their interest in Roosters centre Latrell Mitchell, the star’s manager Wayde Rushton says they aren’t telng the truth as his phone continues to ring off the hook.

Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only

November 7, 2019 7:33pm

"It emerged last night that the Tigers will be bullish in their pursuit of Mitchell.

It’s understood they may sign Mitchell for next season. Coach Michael Maguire is a fan and Mitchell could play at fullback for the Tigers.

Roosters chairman Nick Politis returns from an overseas trip on Friday…

It is understood Politis would be prepared to offload Mitchell before the 2020 season with suggestions the club may even pay a small amount of his contract at a new club.

Clubs are monitoring the situation, each keeping a keen eye on their rivals.

Bulldogs chairperson Lynne Anderson is currently overseas but is aware of the Mitchell developments over the past 72 hours.

Mitchell, 22, is away with family on the NSW north coast and won’t return until next week. He is attempting to clear his head, according to mates.

It is becoming increasingly unlikely the Roosters will return to the negotiation table and offer Mitchell a new deal from 2021.

Roosters rookie Billy Smith is ready to replace Mitchell in the Roosters centres."

last edited by Ponyo

@gallagher said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@4jtigers said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

Attitude is his problem… if you can coach him out of his bad attitude then it will be awesome… he has all the skills no doubt but his attitude kills it.

Does it? He just won back to back premierships.

Yes the Roosters did but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t got an attitude problem.

Attitude is his problem… if you can coach him out of his bad attitude then it will be awesome… he has all the skills no doubt but his attitude kills it.

So who’s saying he does?

So who’s saying he does?

Do I have to spell it out for you? The Roosters pulling out says a lot already… plus did you watch the game against Tonga… he was out of sorts there… Freddy not selecting him to be part of the SoO team… boils down to attitude… again he has all the skills but he needs to get his attitude right… hopefully Madge has the answers and/or can help him with it

So who’s saying he does?

Do I have to spell it out for you? The Roosters pulling out says a lot already… plus did you watch the game against Tonga… he was out of sorts there… Freddy not selecting him to be part of the SoO team… boils down to attitude… again he has all the skills but he needs to get his attitude right… hopefully Madge has the answers and/or can help him with it

So just speculation .

The Roosters never let a player go without reason.
Says it all for me.

So who’s saying he does?

So just speculation .

sure,it’s speculation. more worrying is the Madge influence didn’t work all that well with another needy bloke in Matterson. I don’t think subtlety and flexibility is a big trait of Madge’s character.

@Ponyo said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

Rivals aren’t honest, they want a piece of Latrell Mitchell, says manager Wayde Rushton
Despite a host of NRL clubs denying their interest in Roosters centre Latrell Mitchell, the star’s manager Wayde Rushton says they aren’t telng the truth as his phone continues to ring off the hook.

Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only

November 7, 2019 7:33pm

"It emerged last night that the Tigers will be bullish in their pursuit of Mitchell.

It’s understood they may sign Mitchell for next season. Coach Michael Maguire is a fan and Mitchell could play at fullback for the Tigers.

Roosters chairman Nick Politis returns from an overseas trip on Friday…

It is understood Politis would be prepared to offload Mitchell before the 2020 season with suggestions the club may even pay a small amount of his contract at a new club.

Clubs are monitoring the situation, each keeping a keen eye on their rivals.

Bulldogs chairperson Lynne Anderson is currently overseas but is aware of the Mitchell developments over the past 72 hours.

Mitchell, 22, is away with family on the NSW north coast and won’t return until next week. He is attempting to clear his head, according to mates.

It is becoming increasingly unlikely the Roosters will return to the negotiation table and offer Mitchell a new deal from 2021.

Roosters rookie Billy Smith is ready to replace Mitchell in the Roosters centres."

“Rivals aren’t honest”, but we player managers are 100% honest all the time.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.