Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

• @mrem said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@happy_tiger how much are we really risking though? If the Roosters are willing to pay him $800k to play centre, and we are willing to pay him $1.1mill to play fullback, it is only $300k that we are truly risking. The $300k is an upper limit too as we would need to pay him a premium to come here.

If he can make the transition then the risk will be truly paid off. If he can’t, then we have slightly over paid for a current test centre.

Who wants out because he isn’t getting what he signed up for …sound familiar

• @happy_tiger said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@mrem said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@happy_tiger how much are we really risking though? If the Roosters are willing to pay him $800k to play centre, and we are willing to pay him $1.1mill to play fullback, it is only $300k that we are truly risking. The $300k is an upper limit too as we would need to pay him a premium to come here.

If he can make the transition then the risk will be truly paid off. If he can’t, then we have slightly over paid for a current test centre.

Who wants out because he isn’t getting what he signed up for …sound familiar

To me it’s not about what he signed up for, it’s about what he’s not willing to sign up for. He’s not satisfied with the new offer and sought to test his worth in the market which seems altogether a reasonable approach. He then found his worth much higher than the offer. So a very different situation in my opinion

• I mean its a big if, like big if but ifff talua and Abby come along, two overpaid centres isn’t the worst
    1.Abby
    2.Talau
    3.Trell
    4.Mbye
    5.Nofo

that’s a pretty stacked backline with pace, kicking, height and ball-playing options for me
    again big if but it does look pre delicious for 2021 of corse with guys like smith, mommo and that jen guy gone

• @Jimmy That’s not an inspiring backline at all. Would be the smallest and slowest backline in the comp, by a fair margin.

• @balmain-boy lol how so? both trell and abby have pace and so does a fit mbye, nofo is avg same with talau pace-wise. also, it would be a massive improvement speed wise compared to this year
    1.thommo
    2.jennings
    3.masters
    4.mbye unfit
    5. nofo, mommo, mahe lol

• @Jimmy said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@balmain-boy lol how so? both trell and abby have pace and so does a fit mbye, nofo is avg same with talau pace-wise. also, it would be a massive improvement speed wise compared to this year
    1.thommo
    2.jennings
    3.masters
    4.mbye unfit
    5. nofo, mommo, mahe lol

Also nowhere near the shortest as we have previously had

• @Curly_Tiger exactly. If he can’t make the transition to fullback at the Tigers, then he might want out but if he leaves to play fullback somewhere else it will be for less money.

• Breaking: Bulldogs say they have no interest in signing Latrell Mitchell. @NRLonNine @9NewsSyd
    https://twitter.com/Danny_Weidler/status/1192657818223968256?s=19

• @Jimmy said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

I mean its a big if, like big if but ifff talua and Abby come along, two overpaid centres isn’t the worst
    1.Abby
    2.Talau
    3.Trell
    4.Mbye
    5.Nofo

that’s a pretty stacked backline with pace, kicking, height and ball-playing options for me
    again big if but it does look pre delicious for 2021 of corse with guys like smith, mommo and that jen guy gone

Should be good for a thrashing or two.

• Canterbury CEO Andrew Hill says the Bulldogs will not be pursuing Roosters centre Latrell Mitchell as he tests his value on the open market.

The Bulldogs have been linked with Mitchell for much of 2019 but they have moved to douse links with the 22-year-old after the international held a meeting with a Canterbury official in recent weeks.

“Usually we don’t make comment around our recruitment and retention strategies,” Hill said.

“However, with all the speculation around this matter we thought it was the right thing to do by everyone to confirm we won’t pursue an interest in Latrell Mitchell.”

The Bulldogs’ public comments come following a recruitment and retention committee meeting involving Hill, coach Dean Pay and football manager Steve Price on Friday.

The club remains well and truly in the market for at least one marquee player in 2021 when its salary cap pressure eases further, but most of its 2020 cap has already been spent.

Canterbury’s retention spree has resulted in Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Lachlan Lewis and Renouf Tuomonga re-signing in the past week.

The Roosters remain open to granting Mitchell a release from the final year of his contract after withdrawing their extension offer on Tuesday.
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/08/bulldogs-drop-off-the-chase-for-latrells-signature//?utm_source=NRLTWContent&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NetworkContent

• Apparently we’ll have $5 million to spend next year as well.

If we could snag Latrell and/or Milford, we would be in with a massive chance of signing other high profile players in 2021.

Let’s be honest, Latrell has his moments, but at $1 Million dollars a season, he’s only a few bucks more than what we are paying Mbye/Reynolds. We were going to be paying Matulino $800k for gods sake!

If you take a look at who’s on that sort of money…Ben Hunt, Jack Bird, Cherry-Evans, Taumalolo, (Ponga asking for $1 Mill)…he’s good value at that price. He’s in the top 5 best players in the game, so any club would need to stump up that cash to pick him up.

If we could afford it, Milford and Mitchell would give us an edge next year and possibly help us attract players for 2021.

1. Milford
    2. Mitchell
    3. Mbye
    4. Marshall
    5. Brooks

Either that or we stick with the Marshall/Reynolds or Liddle rotation at hooker and stick Milford at 6 and Mitchell at 1 from the get go?

1. Mitchell
    2. Talau
    3. Mbye
    4. Milford
    5. Brooks

In saying the above…I think it’s unlikely he’ll land at the Tigers, but one can hope.

• @WT2K said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

Canterbury’s retention spree has resulted in Dallin Watene-Zelezniak,

This is what stops Doggies looking at Latrell. They were happy with the late-season form of DWZ and his re-signing means they aren’t willing to pay top dollar to have Latrell run around in the centres.

I expect no team is going to pay $1M for a bloke to hang around in the centres, because it’s not that key position any more.

You’d have to be looking at him as a fullback, and that’s Latrell’s challenge, always has been at the Roosters, to sell himself as a fullback.

Even before Tedesco signed, Roosters had a strained relationship with Latrell, recall they dropped or threatened to drop him a few times right when he started first grade. Then they moved him to centre and signed Tedesco, which dries up his path to highest riches, because Tedesco is currently a superior footballer.

Imagine being in the Roosters’ position, willing to let Latrell walk. Shows you what kind of obscene roster they have.

• @weststigers am I missing something or is Brooks at 5 a typo?

• @TCL said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@weststigers am I missing something or is Brooks at 5 a typo?

Nope you saw correct he is going to the wing and Packer will play 7 😉

• @BalmainJnr said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@TCL said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@weststigers am I missing something or is Brooks at 5 a typo?

Nope you saw correct he is going to the wing and Packer will play 7 😉

WooHoo Sheenius is back

Recent Topics