Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

@swag_tiger I understand that. But surely people don’t think Mbye will be playing on the wing?

1. Mitchell
  2. Nofoaluma
  3. Mbye
  4. Momirovski
  5. Thompson

Latrell is a talent and he could be on offer now. You don’t pass that up. We have even more cap space free next year and we can chase the forwards then.

@Cultured_Bogan exactly my view towards this as well.

Mbye, Momirovski and Talau will be fighting for the centre spots. The cupboard is quite bare for wingers though…

If he signs, i’ll have to look down to see cloud 9. However, what’s to stop him doing a Matterson in one or two years? Unless we back it up with some good players around him and we make the finals, that paranoia will always be in the back of my head.

How could he have signed when our coach is still away with the NZ team, and Latrell is on holiday with family near Taree. He’s probably got more pressing matters like helping friends and family protect their houses from bushfires.

Does anyone think it’s remotely possible that we would offer half a million dollars more than any other club, without the coach and player even meeting face to face to discuss the vision for the future of the club and player? Not a chance in hell Madge signs a marquee player without meeting him!

@balmain-boy FaceTime is always a possibility 😂

@balmain-boy exactly my thoughts. Person/people reporting it are just seeking attention.

@Madge you don’t sign franchise players over facetime. Have you ever tried to get phone reception in regional Australia? No chance if LM isn’t on Telstra…

@WT2K Madge is preparing for a test match. Anyone that thinks he’s focusing on anything other than winning the match doesn’t understand Madge.
But clickbait headlines will sure put crap journalists kids through uni!

last edited by balmain boy

@GNR4LIFE said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

If he signs, i’ll have to look down to see cloud 9. However, what’s to stop him doing a Matterson in one or two years? Unless we back it up with some good players around him and we make the finals, that paranoia will always be in the back of my head.

Nothing stops him. Can’t not have a go. We’re a better chance with him than without him.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.