Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

@Compass said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Souths definitely out …from a very reliable source reportedly. The options are thinning like my hair.

And yet he still hasn’t signed the best offer by far, the biggest contract the Tigers have ever offered in our history.
An offer to play his prefered position.

Does this tell us anything??? Hmmmmm

@TheDaBoss said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@TIGER said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@willow said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Tigerstar said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Sounds to me as we have publicly removed our offer so we can work on this behind the scenes with out any pressure fingers crossed anyways

The POM explained why. Mitchell himself isn’t the issue, it’s his manager who happens to be the roadblock.

So are you saying that Mitchell really really really wants to play for us but his manager is preventing that happening?

If Mitchell wanted to be a Tiger he would have signed, it’s that simple.

both manager and player would have to come to a agreement

If Mitchell wanted to be a Tiger he would make it happen, right?

Mitchell doesn’t want to come here, lets face it. Whether he was seriously interested is up for each individual to believe, but I don’t believe that was teh case.

Lets face it, the leaving of players like Woods, Tedesco, Moses, Matterson, as well as Cleary would make any top line player weary of coming to us. Very few top line players leave their clubs, and the fact weve had so many (plus a coach who wanted a better club) has put us in a bad light. Of course, it leaves open the door for young players, or mid range/developing players who we give a good deal for.

@Spud_Murphy said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Someone on here has been saying this all along, but no one has been listening. Sadly, I think he/she is right.

How many times does someone with no information or proof have to say something before everyone should listen? I think its 5.

😂

Sounds to me as we have publicly removed our offer so we can work on this behind the scenes with out any pressure fingers crossed anyways

The POM explained why. Mitchell himself isn’t the issue, it’s his manager who happens to be the roadblock.

So are you saying that Mitchell really really really wants to play for us but his manager is preventing that happening?

he is still on break…

he is still on break…

So why is he doing the rounds with different clubs and negotiating his next contract if he’s “on break”?
Wake up

@tigertye said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

What has me a little dumbfounded is how people are saying LM’s manager is the cause of all the issues and dealing with Latrell directly was positive. He could be giving some very poor guidance and advice, but at the end of the day Mitchell makes the call. He meets a few clubs, looks over the deals and tells his manager, “this is where I want to play.”

This is probably exactly what his manager is trying to do. The problem is he only has one deal on the table. Ours. Which is technically off the table - but would be back in play if he rings us.

It’s fair enough to be making a massive life decision and put all your options in front of you and then decide what you want to do. A lack of other options has caused a lot of stalling. In the end if after waiting there’s still only one offer you decide to take it or not.

Maybe the Titans offering him a deal half of ours will put a bit of perspective in the market

Seriously, not again

@2041 said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@GNR4LIFE said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

League players, because they’re such snowflakes

And that, sir, is the dictionary definition of the phrase “keyboard warrior”.

Good Lord

Souths definitely out …from a very reliable source reportedly. The options are thinning like my hair.

And yet he still hasn’t signed the best offer by far, the biggest contract the Tigers have ever offered in our history.

I could be wrong but I think you are stating it’s the club that has problems but maybe it’s Latrell. Can you explain why he didn’t sign with the Rorters. Are they also an undesirable club ? Why hasn’t he signed elsewhere ?

Does that tell you anything ?

We may think he doesn’t wanna play for us due to what hasn’t happened… There could be all sorts of reasons for a delay, we don’t know and people saying they do know are clutching at straws… You may well. Be correct and feels. Justified… Hooray

@Earl said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

I could be wrong but I think you are stating it’s the club that has problems but maybe it’s Latrell. Can you explain why he didn’t sign with the Rorters. Are they also an undesirable club ? Why hasn’t he signed elsewhere ?

Why did the Roosters pull their offer? But the problem’s us of course.

Bottom line LM is not going to starve in 2020, he has a contract with the Chooks. So he has a fall back for 2020 and could revisit the market place next year. Okay people say his value will plummet if he is forced to play reserve grade, I think firstly, he will not be in reserves for long and if he did, there would be still plenty of demand that would force his value up. Every year there are 8 teams under pressure to make the finals the next year and are looking for a player like LM. Just for the record, I would still love to have him at Concord, but I think both the club and LM are now looking elsewhere

@GNR4LIFE said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Earl said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Why did the Roosters pull their offer? But the problem’s us of course.

Exactly. I get that we aren’t a high performing club right now but we seem to be doing a lot of things right. Players will come if we offer the right money assuming they are interested in actually playing rugby league in the NRL.

I think the issue is becoming more and more about us picking the right player.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.