Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

Got to say I’ve really gone off the idea of signing Mitchell. If (and it’s a big if) reports are true it seems he has lost a lot of motivation. Last thing we need is a big money signing that is only half committed.

@WeHaveCheeKam said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Mitchell doesn’t want to come here, lets face it. Whether he was seriously interested is up for each individual to believe, but I don’t believe that was teh case.

Lets face it, the leaving of players like Woods, Tedesco, Moses, Matterson, as well as Cleary would make any top line player weary of coming to us. Very few top line players leave their clubs, and the fact weve had so many (plus a coach who wanted a better club) has put us in a bad light. Of course, it leaves open the door for young players, or mid range/developing players who we give a good deal for.

Where does he wanna go?

@TIGER said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Compass said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Souths definitely out …from a very reliable source reportedly. The options are thinning like my hair.

And yet he still hasn’t signed the best offer by far, the biggest contract the Tigers have ever offered in our history.
An offer to play his prefered position.

Does this tell us anything??? Hmmmmm

Tedesco was offered more…

@willow said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Tigerstar said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Sounds to me as we have publicly removed our offer so we can work on this behind the scenes with out any pressure fingers crossed anyways

The POM explained why. Mitchell himself isn’t the issue, it’s his manager who happens to be the roadblock.

So are you saying that Mitchell really really really wants to play for us but his manager is preventing that happening?

If Mitchell wanted to be a Tiger he would have signed, it’s that simple.

Latrell may not want to play for us but it is not in his managements best interest to let us know that when we are the only ones with the sort of money he wants. I would suggest that his management would have strongly advised him not to make that known to us if in fact that is the case. What is the point of having a manager if you are not going to act on their advice. They get paid plenty for it after all.

@Geo said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Souths definitely out …from a very reliable source reportedly. The options are thinning like my hair.

And yet he still hasn’t signed the best offer by far, the biggest contract the Tigers have ever offered in our history.

@Geo didn’t we offer teddy something like 1.2??

@GNR4LIFE said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Sounds to me as we have publicly removed our offer so we can work on this behind the scenes with out any pressure fingers crossed anyways

The POM explained why. Mitchell himself isn’t the issue, it’s his manager who happens to be the roadblock.

So are you saying that Mitchell really really really wants to play for us but his manager is preventing that happening?

Seriously, not again

You don’t have to involve yourself if you don’t like it, i wasn’t replying to you, you seem to just like complaining.
Go do the dishes or something.

😀😳

Seriously, not again

You don’t have to involve yourself if you don’t like it, i wasn’t replying to you, you seem to just like complaining.

Wow, that’s ironic.

@TJ21 said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Geo said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Geo didn’t we offer teddy something like 1.2??

Probably close including TPA

If Mitchell or his agent wish to pursue a NEW deal with us, he or his agent are free to call and, according to our new Chair, we will at least listen to what they have to say. Having had many years involvement in major contract negotiations, this is a perfectly reasonable position to take. If they don’t call, so be it. If they do call, but take too long about it, they run the risk we will by then have spent our money elsewhere.

@Earl said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

I could be wrong but I think you are stating it’s the club that has problems but maybe it’s Latrell. Can you explain why he didn’t sign with the Rorters. Are they also an undesirable club ? Why hasn’t he signed elsewhere ?

Does that tell you anything ?

What makes you think I’m saying the club has problems?

How could I possibly know why he didn’t sign with the Roosters? Or us? Or elsewhere?
I’m not him.

But it’s obvious he doesn’t want to play for us, why?
I have no idea, and I’m not going to pretend I know.
These are questions for Latrell.

Do you know? Please tell me

@Curaeus said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

If Mitchell or his agent wish to pursue a NEW deal with us, he or his agent are free to call and, according to our new Chair, we will at least listen to what they have to say. Having had many years involvement in major contract negotiations, this is a perfectly reasonable position to take. If they don’t call, so be it. If they do call, but take too long about it, they run the risk we will by then have spent our money elsewhere.

And so far “crickets”…

Seriously, not again

Wow, that’s ironic.

Oh so you understand irony, I’m surprised because you don’t seem to understand much else

😂😳

this thread is tillting willows ban hammer

Seriously, not again

Wow, that’s ironic.

Oh so you understand irony, I’m surprised because you don’t seem to understand much else

Good, now that’s out of your system, can you tell us where Latrell does want to go, because I’m struggling. He’s had a couple clubs interested and has not committed to any of them. The Cows asked him what most appeals about Townsville and he said fishing and shooting. The guys mind is clearly not on the game atm. The more I think of it, you’re probably right, he probably doesn’t wanna play for us. It sounds like he doesn’t wanna play for anyone atm.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

Close it down, I think Latrell needs to take time off, he appears to have had problems for some time now

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.