Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

• @Snake said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@GNR4LIFE I have no problem with signing Mitchell but the problem is the forward pack is dominated every week as so far the halves are running side ways or backwards ! Mitchell with the same pack at present is just a waste of time … bolster the pack and the club could be on a real winner in a lot of respects but until then not so much Imo!

Agree, but Mitchell is available now, we should be doing our best to sign him, he will not be available by the time we get a couple of forwards. And we don’t know that we haven’t already signed some forwards.
    Mitchell will attract players and sponsors, and the rumoured amount is probably wrong, or if right it is probably not that amount on the cap, Madge is not Ivan

• @Cultured_Bogan said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@happy_tiger said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@Cultured_Bogan said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@GNR4LIFE said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

If he signs, i’ll have to look down to see cloud 9. However, what’s to stop him doing a Matterson in one or two years? Unless we back it up with some good players around him and we make the finals, that paranoia will always be in the back of my head.

Nothing stops him. Can’t not have a go. We’re a better chance with him than without him.

I’m with Gunners …if we don’t get results he has seen from the Cleary and Matterson screw ups how easy we are a get out of jail free club

Oh well why bother then. Why bother signing any talented juniors. Why bother having a dip at any half decent player, they will possibly leave.

In the next breath you’ll bash the club for sub par results. They can’t bloody win.

I didn’t say we shouldn’t him. I’ll be rapt. It’s sort of like starting a new relationship. You’re in love and feel like it’s going to be amazing, but in the back of your mind, there’s a voice telling you it could go the way of previous relationships.

• @GNR4LIFE said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@GNR4LIFE said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

If he signs, i’ll have to look down to see cloud 9. However, what’s to stop him doing a Matterson in one or two years? Unless we back it up with some good players around him and we make the finals, that paranoia will always be in the back of my head.

Nothing stops him. Can’t not have a go. We’re a better chance with him than without him.

I’m with Gunners …if we don’t get results he has seen from the Cleary and Matterson screw ups how easy we are a get out of jail free club

Oh well why bother then. Why bother signing any talented juniors. Why bother having a dip at any half decent player, they will possibly leave.

In the next breath you’ll bash the club for sub par results. They can’t bloody win.

I didn’t say we shouldn’t him. I’ll be rapt. It’s sort of like starting a new relationship. You’re in love and feel like it’s going to be amazing, but in the back of your mind, there’s a voice telling you it could go the way of previous relationships.

I think he was responding to sad sack tiger…

• @GNR4LIFE That’s the beauty of back loading a contract. If he wants out in 2 years we save the majority of the (alleged) money

• @happy_tiger said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@Madge said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@balmain-boy I’m aware.

It’s called Skype …look it up …maybe even Tinder

Do you really think Madge would sign a player with a questionable attitude to a million dollar contract without meeting him in person first?

• @balmain-boy We look like signing a quality player in Mitchell.

• ForumSupporter

@balmain-boy said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@Madge said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@balmain-boy I’m aware.

It’s called Skype …look it up …maybe even Tinder

Do you really think Madge would sign a player with a questionable attitude to a million dollar contract without meeting him in person first?

Adam Hartigan may have …

• @balmain-boy How do we know they haven’t met?

• @TillLindemann said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@balmain-boy How do we know they haven’t met?

Madge has been out of the country for weeks. I’m not against the signing at all, however some random nobody reports he’s signed on ludicrous money is just nonsense. Pascoe hartigan can all have a say but in the end the decision falls to Madge. He said on Friday he hasn’t spoken to anyone about him yet but will do so after he gets back on Monday

• I really think people questioning his attitude are way off base.
    I may be wrong of course, but I heard some interviews with him regarding the racism he’s endured ( I understand it’s hard for people like me that haven’t had to deal with it to truly understand it)… His comments were insightful, thoughtful and measured and made this white middle aged bloke take notice of him.
    He is an inspiration I think to young indigenous and non indigenous kids… His comments struck a chord with me… This brash arrogant extremely strong and talented centre that carved us up always and annoyed me no end… His comments showed me a maturity well beyond his years and I know it’s a big call but I reckon he could become another JT.
    He’d be massive for this.club and it’s been
    a long time we’ve had a player other fans hate

• @innsaneink said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

I really think people questioning his attitude are way off base.
    I may be wrong of course, but I heard some interviews with him regarding the racism he’s endured ( I understand it’s hard for people like me that haven’t had to deal with it to truly understand it)… His comments were insightful, thoughtful and measured and made this white middle aged bloke take notice of him.
    He is an inspiration I think to young indigenous and non indigenous kids… His comments struck a chord with me… This brash arrogant extremely strong and talented centre that carved us up always and annoyed me no end… His comments showed me a maturity well beyond his years and I know it’s a big call but I reckon he could become another JT.
    He’d be massive for this.club and it’s been a l

ong time we’ve had a player other fans hate

Agree Ink.
    He would be a huge signing for our club.

• @GNR4LIFE said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

However, what’s to stop him doing a Matterson in one or two years?

#1 he’s not going to get a better $$$ offer from anyone else inside 4 years?

#2 if he does, we suddenly get $1.3M back in the cap

• I’ve been one of the main users at the very beginning trying to convince the forum that Latrell would be a phenomenal buy for the club… however if it’s 1.3 mil a season straight out of the cap that may be a little dangerous, I’m sure that there’s a TPA somewhere in there and we may only be paying him 1-1.1 mil out of the cap in which I would be happy about.

We’re still 2 good forwards away from being a threat in this comp, if the Nathan Brown news is true - a signing of Frizzel or Arrow would be exceptional.

Bringing in Latrell makes the club more attractive for the likes of Frizzel and Arrow now in which may be a contributing factor to joining this club.

If either - Reynolds, Packer, Mbye and Mcqeen show no improvement then ship them out and with around 2.5 mil on those 4 players - we could build a very good team around Latrell and Brooks

Just the way I see it

• For the armchair keyboard heros bagging Mitchel wonder how many would earn a heap of cash only to travel up to the hometime and help locals move out of their houses to evacuate from the bushfires.

He has alot of pride and passion for his heritage & gives a heck of alot back - if we snare him it would be awesome.

• Just read a comment on FB that proved once and for all that the Facebook RL community are the low socio economic arm of the game. Some goose claiming 1.3 million is ridiculous to pay a potential star. Not what I’d call a player whose played for Australia, NSW and won 2 comps, but that’s Facebook for you.

Recent Topics