Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

• @innsaneink well said. Totally agree

• @innsaneink said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

I really think people questioning his attitude are way off base.
    I may be wrong of course, but I heard some interviews with him regarding the racism he’s endured ( I understand it’s hard for people like me that haven’t had to deal with it to truly understand it)… His comments were insightful, thoughtful and measured and made this white middle aged bloke take notice of him.
    He is an inspiration I think to young indigenous and non indigenous kids… His comments struck a chord with me… This brash arrogant extremely strong and talented centre that carved us up always and annoyed me no end… His comments showed me a maturity well beyond his years and I know it’s a big call but I reckon he could become another JT.
    He’d be massive for this.club and it’s been a l

ong time we’ve had a player other fans hate

Great post.

I may be wrong of course, but I heard some interviews with him regarding the racism he’s endured ( I understand it’s hard for people like me that haven’t had to deal with it to truly understand it)… His comments were insightful, thoughtful and measured and made this white middle aged bloke take notice of him.
    He is an inspiration I think to young indigenous and non indigenous kids… His comments struck a chord with me… This brash arrogant extremely strong and talented centre that carved us up always and annoyed me no end… His comments showed me a maturity well beyond his years and I know it’s a big call but I reckon he could become another JT.
    He’d be massive for this.club and it’s been
    a long time we’ve had a player other fans hate

He’s actually an ambassador for St. Vincent’s cardiac wing. He’s not this arrogant dumbarse that’s only in it for himself that everyone makes him out to be.

• @Cultured_Bogan I agree with the positive comments about LM’s possible signing,why spend money on potential again when we can have the finished product for a change, his potential signing will be a watershed moment for this club and we will only go forward from here

• 1.3 is a lot of money and I doubt that’d be what we’re offering if it’s between us and the Cowboys.

A mil a year for something we’ve desperately been lacking would be huge. Throw in Tetevano or Sorensen and then look to bolster the pack with a marquee forward the following year.

And if it doesn’t work out, he’ll probably be gone as quick as Matterson and we’ll be left with another million to spend.

Trust in Madge.

• The average fan mistakes EGO for attitude.

I’ll take ego all day long thank you very much. Winners have ego

• How Bout we arange a deal

Roosters pay for half of latrells 1.3mil deal

And we will promise not to get latrell to leak roosters secret relationship with toddy and salary cap breaches

• @rex2ce said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@Cultured_Bogan I agree with the positive comments about LM’s possible signing,why spend money on potential again when we can have the finished product for a change, his potential signing will be a watershed moment for this club and we will only go forward from here

Exactly right…if we are going to “pay overs” for a player, I’d rather pay overs for a Latrell Mitchell who can solve our goal kicking problem AND be a marquee player in the team as a finished product, than over pay for a Josh Reynolds or Mybe who we are effectively hoping will recapture form from previous seasons.

Let’s flip this equation for a second…if we pay overs for Latrell, will other players come to the club for market value or “unders”? Something to think about.

• Thought this would be the case…

Just to be clear Wests Tigers have not yet spoken with Latrell Mitchell or his representatives.

https://twitter.com/ThatJimmySmith/status/1193062141986652160?s=19

• I would love to see Latrell Mitchell at the Wests Tigers. The club just needs to be sensible and have the appropriate plan around the salary cap to fit in all the positions needed as well as Latrell.

• 20191109_194542.jpg

This quote is only part of a great post, though extremely relevant when assessing a player such as Latrell. Being of the same demographic, I fully understand just how much being part of that affects our (us) thinking on individuals and the collective to which Mitchell belongs. Many of “us” on here have or will brand me as a SJW or “snowflake” for my general social views, but even I struggle to get past the somewhat ingrained stereotypical prejudices of our and similar generations to our indigenous people, and particularly the imposing strong and vocal ones.

• It would be good if we sign him (or someone of that caliber) for the right money even slight overs.

It may inspire others to sign on for a little less if they see a team building capable of playing finals. Also possibly inspire existing players to lift.

Let’s not forget the potential to increase membersHip, jersey sales, attendance to games and so on.

Not up to speed with our cap but we should have some more to spend for 2021 season.

• @TCL 1.7 million this year and 5 million next year.

• ForumSupporter

I can pull figures out of my clacker too…

Recent Topics