Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

@weststigers said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@rex2ce said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@Cultured_Bogan I agree with the positive comments about LM’s possible signing,why spend money on potential again when we can have the finished product for a change, his potential signing will be a watershed moment for this club and we will only go forward from here

Exactly right…if we are going to “pay overs” for a player, I’d rather pay overs for a Latrell Mitchell who can solve our goal kicking problem AND be a marquee player in the team as a finished product, than over pay for a Josh Reynolds or Mybe who we are effectively hoping will recapture form from previous seasons.

Let’s flip this equation for a second…if we pay overs for Latrell, will other players come to the club for market value or “unders”? Something to think about.

How will he solve our goal kicking problems, pray tell?

@Madge

They really don’t like each other

When you consider we paid $800k for Reynolds and Mbye is on $850k, if we are paying $850k for Mitchell its not a bad deal…

Trying to keep my emotions in check but it’s starting to feel real. I know the media will play th Roosters not wanting to give one up to their bitter rivals (Souths) but I wonder how much it is instead, they don’t want to give him up to a club that has the potential to tip them over the edge as premiership contenders. You’d think they’d want to see him go to a weak club that won’t change the landscape of the competition. We’d definitely fit that criteria.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

@Russell said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@Cultured_Bogan I agree with the positive comments about LM’s possible signing,why spend money on potential again when we can have the finished product for a change, his potential signing will be a watershed moment for this club and we will only go forward from here

Exactly right…if we are going to “pay overs” for a player, I’d rather pay overs for a Latrell Mitchell who can solve our goal kicking problem AND be a marquee player in the team as a finished product, than over pay for a Josh Reynolds or Mybe who we are effectively hoping will recapture form from previous seasons.

Let’s flip this equation for a second…if we pay overs for Latrell, will other players come to the club for market value or “unders”? Something to think about.

Well he kicks at a career avg of 75%, but has had a season where he kicked at above 80% - I’d say he’d be first choice kicker.
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/latrell-mitchell/summary.html

For reference, Mybe is at 70% and Momirovski sits at 75%, but Momirovski may not even make the team if Talau and Mbye start in the centres…plus, Mitchell doesn’t miss them from in front…

Well he kicks at a career avg of 75%, but has had a season where he kicked at above 80% - I’d say he’d be first choice kicker.

For reference, Mybe is at 70% and Momirovski sits at 75%, but Momirovski may not even make the team if Talau and Mbye start in the centres…plus, Mitchell doesn’t miss them from in front…

I’d have Momirovski in the team in front of Mbye.

@bathursttiger said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

tend to agree

Wow not me. Mbye miles better than Momirovski.

@avocadoontoast said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

Wow not me. Mbye miles better than Momirovski.

I was positively surprised and shocked at Mbyes effectiveness defensively at centre. Best defensive centre in the club and defence is what I always worry about with a centre.

I thought of something today.

In 2010 Souffs were rubbish.

In 2011 they went all out and bought the best centre in the world. This player had been tried at 1, 3 and 6 by Melbourne but his best position was 3.

Souffs bought him to build a team around and they threw him in at Fullback. They also bought Ray Asotasi and then proceeded to build a team around them.

In time this players body couldnt handle the rigours of fullback anymore and he was moved back to centre. Within 3 years they won a premiership.

I wonder who the coach was that oversaw this masterstroke?

last edited by Glenn5150

@Glenn5150 said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

I thought of something today.

In 2010 Souffs were rubbish.

In 2011 they went all out and bought the best centre in the world. This player had been tried at 1, 3 and 6 by Melbourne but his best position was 3.

Souffs bought him to build a team around and they threw him in at Fullback. They also bought Ray Asotasi and then proceeded to build a team around them.

In time this players body couldnt handle the rigours of fullback anymore and he was moved back to centre. Within 3 years they won a premiership.

I wonder who the coach was that oversaw this masterstroke?

Roy Asotasi played for souths from 2007 to 2013, so Madge never signed him, and Inglis from 2011 to 2019, Madge never signed him either.
Madge joined souths in 2012

last edited by 851

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.