Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

@helmesy said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

I liken the signing, if it comes off, to Souths getting Inglis and when Thurston went to the cowboys. Mitchell could be just as important to this club.

And whilst it was probably not intended, you have just named another pair with indigenous bloodlines and the importance of their impact. Whilst sadly, many of their background also struggle to live in mainstream society and the spotlight of major sports, those that can rise above those challenges can often bring a dynamic that few players can. I believe Latrell has already shown that he has such rare attributes that can single handedly change matches and take WT to another level if he chooses to become part of us.

last edited by formerguest

@GNR4LIFE said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@trentrunciman said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

if we sign latrell would there be point in retaining Mbye?

Potentially off contract at the same time. I know who the priority will be. We can dip into the 650-700 Mbye is supposedly on to top up LM if we have to. Happy days.

yeah, so by that logic even if Latrell is on a lot of money we save money because we have the flexibility to offload players like Mbye,

last edited by trentrunciman

I’ve been told there are Tigers officials heading to Taree to finalise the paperwork.
Of course with the cooling off period anything could happen , however for now all this hype in the media seems to have merit .

@Wounded_magpie said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

I’ve been told there are Tigers officials heading to Taree to finalise the paperwork.
Of course with the cooling off period anything could happen , however for now all this hype in the media seems to have merit .

Great news but I don’t believe there are cooling off periods anymore.

Great news if it all eventuates 🤞

Cooling off period…?

@Tweed_Tiger That will do me!
Plus he can kick
An absolute bargain for an avg $900k per season

Still not getting hopes up.
😬

@Tweed_Tiger said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/11/14/all-of-latrell-mitchells-tries-from-2019/

All of Latrell Mitchell’s tries from 2019

All of Latrell Mitchell’s tries from the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership
4 hours ago

He is big, fast, strong and has great footwork. Those highlights also show his great support play, he seems to be in the right place a lot and really likes scoring tries.

@Tweed_Tiger if he signs with us his highlights real for 2020 will be 5 or 6 tries shorter.

@trentrunciman said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

if we sign latrell would there be point in retaining Mbye?

I’d be keeping him as I think he can be excellent at centre, and good centres are not only hard to find, they’re expensive anyway.

He was just coming into his own in the position last year when he injured himself, I think he and LM as attacking weapons in the same backline could work really well with the right coaching and tactics.

@Geo said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Cooling off period…?

“beer break”

When he’s scored 10 tries for us, kicked 20 goals and played 5 games then I just might start to believe we’ve pulled this off

@Geo said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Cooling off period…?

Damn …thought we had him !

What a load of 💩

@Tweed_Tiger said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Current million dollar players
mil.JPG

There are some players that are paid way over what they are worth and what they deliver to a team.
A player on a million a season should be winning you games on their own, or at least having a major contribution to winning every game.
There are only about 5 in that list that continually deliver each game.
DCE, Turbo, both JT’s MP.

last edited by Bathursttiger2

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.