Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

@WT2K said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Pooper saying same thing. WT heading to Taree to meet Mitchell
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/the-600km-operation-to-get-latrell-tigers-roadtrip-to-sign-milliondollar-mitchell/news-story/1e7cccd77196f68a84510ef52a4f5311

Probably read it on here and quickly typed some crap up. Bloke is a dead set grub. Calls himself a supporter/member but goes out of his way to make the club look bad. 99% of what he writes is speculation and invariably wrong.

Hooper I said if I was Madge I would go to Taree not I am Madge and I am going to Taree.

last edited by Tweed_Tiger

Going off Hopper we haven’t even spoken to Mitchell yet directly. Perhaps just his agent?

The first thing you’d do in a meeting is outline for vision for the player and the club. If they haven’t done this yet then it’s still early days.

A face to face was always going to be necessary. Going to him, especially whilst he’s helping family and friends wit fires, shows how much we respect and value him.

@balmain-boy said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Going off Hopper we haven’t even spoken to Mitchell yet directly. Perhaps just his agent?

The first thing you’d do in a meeting is outline for vision for the player and the club. If they haven’t done this yet then it’s still early days.

A face to face was always going to be necessary. Going to him, especially whilst he’s helping family and friends wit fires, shows how much we respect and value him.

There have been 2 separate instances in the last 24 hours of Corey Thompson alluding to him coming. One was an article where he said he’d be great for us, another, someone on LU posted that he’d played OZ tag night and he was confident we’d get him. The new chairman has mentioned it to. There’s little doubt that our club has been in talks with him.

@GNR4LIFE said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

There have been 2 separate instances in the last 24 hours of Corey Thompson alluding to him coming. One was an article where he said he’d be great for us, another, someone on LU posted that he’d played OZ tag night and he was confident we’d get him. The new chairman has mentioned it to. There’s little doubt that our club has been in talks with him.

Strange for Hooper to be wide of the mark…

@Tiger_Steve said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@GNR4LIFE said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Strange for Hooper to be wide of the mark…

He’s a bit behind on his forum reading it seems…

Ultimately I think the Roosters under did their offer to Latrell and it backfired on them
Angus Crichton is a great player but not more valuable than Latrell in my opinion and he was on $2.7m over 3 years (2019 $1.0m, 2020 & 2021 $850k) and they offer less to Latrell at $800k
Maybe the cap is having it’s very first bite back at the Chooks, but that’s probably wishful thinking

G’day @bigsiro: I know how you feel re Latrell Mitchell coming here/not coming here.

I felt the same when we missed out on the once in a lifetime opportunity of Tim Mannah coming here…😆 😆 😆

@MAGPIES1963 said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

G’day @bigsiro: I know how you feel re Latrell Mitchell coming here/not coming here.

I felt the same when we missed out on the once in a lifetime opportunity of Tim Mannah coming here…😆 😆 😆

Now that is the funniest thing you have ever said!😂 😂 😂

Wikipedia now has Latrell Mitchell as playing for the WT in 2020

SO it must be true

Hahahaha 😉

@Curly_Tiger said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Ultimately I think the Roosters under did their offer to Latrell and it backfired on them
Angus Crichton is a great player but not more valuable than Latrell in my opinion and he was on $2.7m over 3 years (2019 $1.0m, 2020 & 2021 $850k) and they offer less to Latrell at $800k
Maybe the cap is having it’s very first bite back at the Chooks, but that’s probably wishful thinking

But they have a fullback and they arguably the best

Why they are where they are …you don’t pay overs for centres even the best in the game

@Moh said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Why are no other club interested though…

I know it’s pessimistic, but I just can’t see him coming here.

Originally, I was in the side of those who say too much money for someone so frustratingly inconsistent, but the more talk about him coming, the more excited I get about it.

Even if he doesn’t deliver every game, it’s such a massive signing that other positive things will start rolling in around it.

Others aren’t interested because they largely don’t have the coin.

@Newtown said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@happy_tiger He will shine at Wests tigers.

Corey Thompson shines at the WT’s as well

Robbie looked like the 2nd coming as well

G’day @cktiger: cheers! and have a great day 🎉 🎅

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.