Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

@WswWt said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

What happened to Roosters not releasing him to Souths? Lol

Yes they got screwed over nicely, imo. Same way we were by Matterson, who only ever had Parra in his sights.

@Tiger_Steve said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@innsaneink said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

This is a massive loss for us and I believe will have a roll on affect re recruitment… People can put any spin on it they like but this is highly embarrassing for WTs

100%.

Let’s be clear - I love the Tigers. Doesn’t mean I can’t be fed up. The club keep saying failure is not an option but EVERY SINGLE TIME we have a moment that needs winning - we fail. On and off the field. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

We need a HUGE signing before season kicks off but I reckon there’s stuff all chance of that.

We will probably fail to spend our 2020 cap money and get fined $500K by Greenberg.
That’s how we roll …

@avocadoontoast said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@momo_amp_medo said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Earl said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Sco77y said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

No way you’d turn down a contract double the size. We’re either the worst destination imaginable, or they’re making up the rest of the contract somehow. Thinking it’s the latter. The difference was too great for that not to be happening in the background somewhere. Next minute Rusty sets him up with a Ferrari as a welcome gift.

I’m thinking it’s the former.

If this is the case why ??? Personally I don’t see it. The only reasons I can see is Madge trains them too hard and they aren’t a glamour club. Those reasons compared to the money to me don’t make any sense.

Is there any other possible explanation. What if he really wanted to play for Souths ? Maybe he isn’t as interested in money.

look i’m called too negative on here and that’s because I am completely fed up with this club and I am negative.

We are not an attractive club because we never play finals football. Add to that a disciplinarian coach and it’s hardly alluring. What would be the attraction for any player to come here? Would you sign here if you were a great player? I wouldn’t.

Oh please … give it a bloody rest.
You sound just like a broken record.

The truth hurts doesn’t it

Not at all … I don’t see it that way at all.
Look I really don’t know what your on about this constant criticism of the club.
If you’re cut because we didn’t get LM or Arrow or anyone else you may desire or because you feel that the club is too depressing to follow … well do me a favour … there are 13 other clubs with their problems to follow.
This club did their best with their offers and play the game within their rules of recruitment … and I respect that approach.
We got burned badly on making knee j**k recruitment decisions in the past and it’s good to see that we have learned the lesson.
So yes good to see that our management is not being driven or influenced by the media, fan base or social media into decisions that don’t sit comfortably with the direction the Coach, the CEO and the Board have set down as their vision for success in the future for our Club. They live or die on the back of that vision so I think we should just let them get on with the job they have been hired to do.
So no truth for me to see in your criticism here mate.

@hobbo1 said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

This is a massive loss for us and I believe will have a roll on affect re recruitment… People can put any spin on it they like but this is highly embarrassing for WTs

100%.

Let’s be clear - I love the Tigers. Doesn’t mean I can’t be fed up. The club keep saying failure is not an option but EVERY SINGLE TIME we have a moment that needs winning - we fail. On and off the field. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

We need a HUGE signing before season kicks off but I reckon there’s stuff all chance of that.

We will probably fail to spend our 2020 cap money and get fined $500K by Greenberg.
That’s how we roll …

I can see it now, like a scene out of Brewster’s Millions with Richard Pryor, it’s June 30, and 95% of our cap has to be spent, and we just scrape in with a few front loaded re-contracts, and Greenturd waves and says “Don’t forget this cap exemption for $5,000 for the parking spots” and we have to do a mad rush and re-do Twal’s contract again whilst Toddy is sitting there laughing watching his gold-rimmed watch…

@pawsandclaws1 said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

100%.

Tim Sheens would have reeled him in for WTs.

He would then move LM to prop or lock he was so innovative

I’m glad we didn’t sign him. He would have pulled the mental health or some indigenous stuff to get out like Matterson.
We dodged a lot of drama.

Good to have him at Souffs - keep all the mongrels together.

It’s easier to keep the dislike, when it’s all in the one place.

Dodged a cannonball (not a bullet) there.

They deserve each other. Bad luck the NRL are so spineless and will let them get away with it.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

@Geo said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@cktiger said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

He’s already signed with Souths and been paraded around it seems.

Whaaaaaaaaat…when did dis happen…

200-1 odds for the 8

Did anyone see the interview on Channel Nine? Mitchell said if he had signed with the Tigers, he probably would have regretted it straight away. We have a poor perception with players at the moment, but I feel that the loyalty shown by players who are here at the moment will pay off in the end. The administration should stick to its commitment to be a proud club who only purchase players who genuinely want to be here.

Anyone thinking players take less with big clubs Is naive and probably thought Scomo was to blame for the bush fires.

They look after their families ie jobs, funds, opportunities, education, wellbeing is a broad term. The reason we don’t attract players is we play by the rules that me on this and I’ll leave it there . This won’t change nor will the 2RL competition Souths Vs Easts.

We will continue to develop players for other clubs and will only win anything if we build a strong squad and catch lightning in a bottle for a season or two.

@Telltails said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

It’s like history repeating itself. Lots of similarities

Greg Inglis signs on with South Sydney Rabbitohs for the next three seasons

Melbourne Storm captain Cameron Smith admitted being shocked but said he’d stand by Greg Inglis’ decision to dump Brisbane and agree terms with South Sydney.

The Rabbitohs announced on Friday that Inglis had signed a three-year deal with the NRL club, six days after Brisbane withdrew their $1.2 million offer.

Inglis expressed relief that the deal had finally been tied up.

“The past few months have been like a rollercoaster ride but now I can look forward to getting back into training and preparing for the new season,” Inglis said.

“This is an exciting time and I’m looking forward to pulling on the red and green jersey for the first time next year.”

Rabbitohs chief executive Shane Richardson added: “We’re looking forward to having Greg as part of our club for the next three seasons and we welcome him to the Rabbitohs family.”

Smith, Inglis’ former Melbourne team-mate, said he had no idea why the 23-year-old changed his mind on a move to the six-time premiers.

Inglis had shaken hands with Broncos officials on a deal last Friday, but after meeting with Souths 24 hours later, he stunned the club by reneging on his verbal agreement.

“To be honest, I was a bit shocked he turned down the Broncos’ offer to go to Sydney,” said Smith.

"When he decided he was going to leave our club he said he wanted to come back to Brisbane to be with his fiancee.

"He seemed quite happy with his decision to go to the Broncos and we were all convinced that’s where he was going.

“As a mate and a former teammate I’ll stand behind his decision to go to Sydney where he obviously feels he’s got better opportunities with the Rabbitohs.”

Smith was unsure how much sway interim world boxing champion and former NRL player Anthony Mundine had in influencing Inglis’ decision.

“Obviously he’s going to take some advice from him because Mundine is a successful person and they’ve got a connection both being indigenous people,” said Smith.

"I’ve also heard Russell Crowe is a pretty persuasive bloke and I’m pretty sure he would have been doing a bit of talking with Greg.

"Greg’s only a young bloke and he can change his mind on things quite quickly.

“But he’s also been around a while and he knows how to handle himself and he knows the consequences of making big decisions like that.”

Smith said he hadn’t been able to contact Inglis, who was in Melbourne to watch the Australian Masters.

“I haven’t seen any interviews or much that has been in the papers, but a few of the boys said he looked a bit rattled with all the attention he’s been getting the past week or so,” said Smith.

“I’d just like to speak to him as a mate and see how he is going and how he’s handling everything.”

NRL chief executive David Gallop insists Souths still need to prove Inglis fits under the salary cap before the deal can be ratified.

Gallop said Souths had yet to lodge the contract with salary cap auditor Ian Schubert.

“I am glad GI appears to have resolved his future, his situation has been unusual and unfortunately the root of that goes back to the massive unravelling of the cap breach at the Storm,” said Gallop.

"This is compounded by a pretty loose agreement with Brisbane over the payment of his legal fees, and once a contract is lodged we will consider it against Souths’ cap position.

"Clearly Souths will be aware that we’ll have look at that and also what he has been paid previously.

“Obviously if he was being lodged as being on the books at $100,000 then alarm bells will start ringing, but all of that is a standard part of the salary cap process and one we use for every club.”

Melbourne are still at loggerheads with Inglis over a legal bill for his successful defence of an assault charge from 2009.

Yes and within a couple of years it was revealed the Greg was earning 90k per year as an ambassador for the Aboriginal Medical Service, an organinsation fully funded by by Medicare using taxpayer dollars.

@happy_tiger said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Geo said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@cktiger said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

He’s already signed with Souths and been paraded around it seems.

Whaaaaaaaaat…when did dis happen…

200-1 odds for the 8

Better off buying a slab and pissing it up 🍻

@Krammy said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Did anyone see the interview on Channel Nine? Mitchell said if he had signed with the Tigers, he probably would have regretted it straight away. We have a poor perception with players at the moment, but I feel that the loyalty shown by players who are here at the moment will pay off in the end. The administration should stick to its commitment to be a proud club who only purchase players who genuinely want to be here.

He would have regretted it at the first training session. Obviously negotiations were complex, as it looks like Latrells’s dinner with Rusty lasted about 3 weeks and involved half the cows on his property.

@hobbo1 said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Glenn5150 said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Newtown said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Opinions to NRL players from two unhappy recent ex-Wests tigers together with some South Sydney players who had been coached by Madge may have had a lot to do with West Tigers recent unfair reputation.

Not having a crack at you Newtown but what do all those saying “we can’t attract players because Madge is too tough” suggest?

The day the club replaces a coach because he was “too tough “ on players is the day the club signs up for another decade of poor performance and my last day as a supporter

Souths did just that …
Sacked Maguire for Seibold !

They sacked him after 6 successful years which included a premiership. Form dropped, I could excuse that.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.