Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

@Newtown said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Telltails said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Glenn5150 said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Opinions to NRL players from two unhappy recent ex-Wests tigers together with some South Sydney players who had been coached by Madge may have had a lot to do with West Tigers recent unfair reputation.

Not having a crack at you Newtown but what do all those saying “we can’t attract players because Madge is too tough” suggest?

The day the club replaces a coach because he was “too tough “ on players is the day the club signs up for another decade of poor performance and my last day as a supporter

I am sure that in this thread there was a statement from Wests tigers following their first meeting with Lattrell Mitchell. The statement read that the offer was taken away from Mitchell because he did not want to take part in any extra training sessions (as did Matterson by the way). The statement also said that another reason why the offer to Mitchell was withdarwn was because Mitchell wanted to visit Taree at various times during the season and Wests Tigers also would not comply with this requirement.

No wonder the club did not have any further discussions with Mitchell.

I dont recall any statement of that nature by the club so it would be good if you could provide it.

I am sure that statement from the club was in this thread. I will try to find it but this thread has over 500 entries.

I really dont think that statement was from the club Newtown, it was media or fan speculation. Happy to be proven wrong.

@hobbo1 said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Opinions to NRL players from two unhappy recent ex-Wests tigers together with some South Sydney players who had been coached by Madge may have had a lot to do with West Tigers recent unfair reputation.

Not having a crack at you Newtown but what do all those saying “we can’t attract players because Madge is too tough” suggest?

The day the club replaces a coach because he was “too tough “ on players is the day the club signs up for another decade of poor performance and my last day as a supporter

Souths did just that …
Sacked Maguire for Seibold !

They sacked him after 6 successful years which included a premiership. Form dropped, I could excuse that.

You mean after he lost the dressing room!

this is highly embarassing for us, it’s going to have some long term ramifications

such a dangerous precendent for us

@pawsandclaws1 said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Tiger_Steve said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@innsaneink said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

This is a massive loss for us and I believe will have a roll on affect re recruitment… People can put any spin on it they like but this is highly embarrassing for WTs

100%.

Let’s be clear - I love the Tigers. Doesn’t mean I can’t be fed up. The club keep saying failure is not an option but EVERY SINGLE TIME we have a moment that needs winning - we fail. On and off the field. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

We need a HUGE signing before season kicks off but I reckon there’s stuff all chance of that.

Tim Sheens would have reeled him in for WTs.

and played him in the 9 jumper.

As many forum members have said
If the roosters 🐓 didn’t want him then something was definitely up
A guy with that much talent,they don’t actively try to get off their books
I don’t think it harms us at all really
We have that many juniors coming through with a coach that makes players earn their place
We good lads 😎

The roosters wanted him, they offered him $800k to stay

@Krammy said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Did anyone see the interview on Channel Nine? Mitchell said if he had signed with the Tigers, he probably would have regretted it straight away. We have a poor perception with players at the moment, but I feel that the loyalty shown by players who are here at the moment will pay off in the end. The administration should stick to its commitment to be a proud club who only purchase players who genuinely want to be here.

He didnt actually, he said “If I had signed straight away (jumped in) with the Tigers I probably would have regretted it”. Media have turned it into clickbait as some sort of sledge at the Tigers, but he was talking in the context of the amount of time it took to make the decision. he was merely saying if he had jumped in straight away at the first opportunity he would have regretted it.

Media is playing it up and those with the corresponding agenda and running with it.

Souths did just that …

They sacked him after 6 successful years which included a premiership. Form dropped, I could excuse that.

Every coach gets sacked eventually. I will be very happy if Madge loses the dressign room in 5 years time after getting us a premiership.

Serious question Hobbo, are you advocating punting Maguire?

Souths did just that …

Every coach gets sacked eventually. I will be very happy if Madge loses the dressign room in 5 years time after getting us a premiership.

Serious question Hobbo, are you advocating punting Maguire?

No not just yet …

Souths did just that …

I hate to admit this but I’m related to a current Souths player and I asked him about Madge when he signed for the Tigers. He was full of praise and denied he was too hard. I can tell you the whole sorry saga surrounding his sacking, or rather the rise of Seibold if you’re interested.

Did anyone see the interview on Channel Nine? Mitchell said if he had signed with the Tigers, he probably would have regretted it straight away. We have a poor perception with players at the moment, but I feel that the loyalty shown by players who are here at the moment will pay off in the end. The administration should stick to its commitment to be a proud club who only purchase players who genuinely want to be here.

The players that are here now are basically loyal as the majority of our squad wouldn’t get a start anywhere else

He didnt actually, he said “If I had signed straight away (jumped in) with the Tigers I probably would have regretted it”. Media have turned it into clickbait as some sort of sledge at the Tigers, but he was talking in the context of the amount of time it took to make the decision. he was merely saying if he had jumped in straight away at the first opportunity he would have regretted it.

Media is playing it up and those with the corresponding agenda and running with it.

You’re spot on with your interpretation mate but unfortunately the media take grabs of what’s said and rearrange them to make up a story that sells.

Then in turn fans and the general public bite and all of a sudden there’s a story that didn’t exist in the first place!!

@tigerballs said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Souths did just that …

I hate to admit this but I’m related to a current Souths player and I asked him about Madge when he signed for the Tigers. He was full of praise and denied he was too hard. I can tell you the whole sorry saga surrounding his sacking, or rather the rise of Seibold if you’re interested.

Very interested. I think seibold is very arrogant. Would love to hear the story

@tigerballs said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Souths did just that …

I’ve always been intrigued by his departure mate, please PM if you can with the story.

@Elderslie_Tiger said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Is it true that Souffs will be known as the Redfern All Blacks this seasons

And we will be known as the Campbelltown Cellar Dwellers

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.