Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

@ALX22 said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Well if that comment ‘regret’ stings Wests Tigers fans, then let him know how you feel and get down to Leichhardt Oval for the Round 10 game.

Flights are already booked, this is my once a year Leichhardt game.
Can’t wait to stand on the hill chanting my guts out.

@Telltails said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/14/he-didnt-even-talk-about-football-how-crowe-won-over-latrell

Interesting read including what dad and Latrell think about Maguire

“Crowe didn’t even talk about footy”

Of course not

Didn’t need to

Just had to tell him we don’t have the money under the cap the tiger’s do bit I have these bags

Brown paper bags

Bigger than Nicks

And when you retire we have a job for you

Along side SB and GI

It pays millions

And all you do is sit in an office and

Well you don’t even sit in an office

But don’t tell anyone cos Todd doesn’t know

Sorry Todd does know but he will lose his job if you tell anyone and without him we couldn’t offer you this deal

So

Just sign here and keep your bloody mouth shut hey

@Hangonaminute said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@ALX22 said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Well if that comment ‘regret’ stings Wests Tigers fans, then let him know how you feel and get down to Leichhardt Oval for the Round 10 game.

Flights are already booked, this is my once a year Leichhardt game.
Can’t wait to stand on the hill chanting my guts out.

Where are you from?

@happy_tiger said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Elderslie_Tiger said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Is it true that Souffs will be known as the Redfern All Blacks this seasons

And we will be known as the Campbelltown Cellar Dwellers

Give it a rest.

@TheDaBoss said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/14/he-didnt-even-talk-about-football-how-crowe-won-over-latrell

Saying no to Michael Maguire
Mitchell’s comment on Monday about how he would have regretted a move to the Wests Tigers was not intended as a shot that club or coach Michael Maguire. Matt Mitchell said his son’s comment rather suggested that if he had accepted that deal two weeks ago the Souths opportunity that came up wouldn’t have eventuated.

“Look, he was real close to signing with the Wests Tigers but I think that Wayne Bennett chat just got him over the line,” Matt Mitchell said.

"He really likes and respects Michael Maguire. He thought he was a real man’s man and he loved the way he spoke to him. Latrell said he was straight up as well which Trell really liked.

“And he knows [Wests Tigers general manager of football] Adam Hartigan. Adam coached both my boys at the Roosters in under 20s and he felt comfortable there.”

Mate, I’ve got room for you here and I’d love to coach you

Wayne Bennett’s words to Latrell Mitchell

Back up, we have a brand to protect now. Don’t want to be seen as a petulant grub.

I’m glad he took the effort to clarify after Fox ran with the “snubbed” header.

Saying no to Michael Maguire

Mitchell’s comment on Monday about how he would have regretted a move to the Wests Tigers was not intended as a shot that club or coach Michael Maguire. Matt Mitchell said his son’s comment rather suggested that if he had accepted that deal two weeks ago the Souths opportunity that came up wouldn’t have eventuated.

“Look, he was real close to signing with the Wests Tigers but I think that Wayne Bennett chat just got him over the line,” Matt Mitchell said.

"He really likes and respects Michael Maguire. He thought he was a real man’s man and he loved the way he spoke to him. Latrell said he was straight up as well which Trell really liked.

“And he knows [Wests Tigers general manager of football] Adam Hartigan. Adam coached both my boys at the Roosters in under 20s and he felt comfortable there.”

@tiger05premier said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Of course not

Didn’t need to

Just had to tell him we don’t have the money under the cap the tiger’s do bit I have these bags

Brown paper bags

Bigger than Nicks

Along side SB and GI

It pays millions

Sorry Todd does know but he will lose his job if you tell anyone and without him we couldn’t offer you this deal

So

Love Love this post

Of course not

Didn’t need to

Brown paper bags

Bigger than Nicks

Along side SB and GI

It pays millions

So

What’s stopping us doing the same? We chucked $600k at a 35 year old Farah. Why not at a player that has a use?

@cqtiger said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@happy_tiger said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Elderslie_Tiger said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Is it true that Souffs will be known as the Redfern All Blacks this seasons

And we will be known as the Campbelltown Cellar Dwellers

Give it a rest.

Yeah OK

I should rest up like our recruitment team has

Of course not

Didn’t need to

Brown paper bags

Bigger than Nicks

Along side SB and GI

It pays millions

So

If there was any person I wouldn’t be offering brown paper bags to it would be Latrell

His management team would have him threatening Crowe if he didn’t kick in more brown bags they go to the press

After reading that story I’m glad he’s gone to the crap hole club he belongs at.
I’ll leave it at that so I don’t get booted off the forum.

Ive been thinking about this, and this bypassing of the cap that Souths have done shouls be an ATO matter.

If LM took our $1m/year deal (lets say it was an even $1m) then he has to pay tax on that, and he gets maybe $650k after tax.

But taking Souths $600k, he gets maybe $450k. Now you add the benefits given to his hanger-ons, and theres no income tax on that, so it just takes another $200k and hes broken even.

Souths (& likely the Roosters, and Storm) are cheating the ATO out of taxes that the players should be paying.

@JD-Tiger said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Ive been thinking about this, and this bypassing of the cap that Souths have done shouls be an ATO matter.

If LM took our $1m/year deal (lets say it was an even $1m) then he has to pay tax on that, and he gets maybe $650k after tax.

But taking Souths $600k, he gets maybe $450k. Now you add the benefits given to his hanger-ons, and theres no income tax on that, so it just takes another $200k and hes broken even.

Souths (& likely the Roosters, and Storm) are cheating the ATO out of taxes that the players should be paying.

So is James Packer and his mates… and 70% of Australians via their returns

@tigerap said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@JD-Tiger said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

So is James Packer and his mates… and 70% of Australians via their returns

Fringe benefits tax.

@cktiger said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

After reading that story I’m glad he’s gone to the crap hole club he belongs at.
I’ll leave it at that so I don’t get booted off the forum.

Who would of thought that the Roosters showed our club some respect and help in the LM saga ! Unlike that low rent club at Redfern …especially when there greatest ever signing was not pulled into line basically intimating OUR club is garbage and would of been one of his greatest mistakes he could of made !
Lets hope the players at our club do not forget what was said and how low and insignificant that the club at Redfern think there talent and the jersey the wear actual is !

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.