Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

@Bones said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

I think the kind of money being talked about for him is crazy. I know he can be brilliant but he rarely produces it.

For me he is a 600k player maximum. If he had 800K on the table as reported he should have jumped at it.

You just can’t pay a centre that amount of money. We’ve already seen that other players (Keary, Tedesco) have to play well for Mitchell to perform. When Keary is out or has an off night, Mitchell is usually quiet. TBH I think 800K is a fair price considering he brings more than his playing ability to the table (marketing and such).

@Kazoo-Kid said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@Bones said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

I think the kind of money being talked about for him is crazy. I know he can be brilliant but he rarely produces it.

For me he is a 600k player maximum. If he had 800K on the table as reported he should have jumped at it.

You just can’t pay a centre that amount of money. We’ve already seen that other players (Keary, Tedesco) have to play well for Mitchell to perform. When Keary is out or has an off night, Mitchell is usually quiet. TBH I think 800K is a fair price considering he brings more than his playing ability to the table (marketing and such).

He would be worth a million a year as a fullback to a club like us IF he was motivated every week.

IF he was, he’d be the greatest signing in our history and could lead a whole new era.

IF he came and was not motivated, piled on the kilos and wanted to go back to Taree every few months = long term on millions would be a disaster.

Personally, I’d roll the dice and go after him. But you’d have to make sure you had brilliant support staff in place.

• Mole Warning*
    The Bulldogs have dropped off their chase for Latrell Mitchell, leaving the enigmatic centre’s future in limbo.

Mitchell is on a deal worth around $800,000-a-season at the Roosters but comes off contract at the end of next year.

Relations are strained between player and club and Mitchell held a secret meeting with a leading Canterbury official last week.

But the Bulldogs have done their sums and decided not to try to match or better the Roosters’ big contract for Mitchell, whose form was only patchy last season.

The Bulldogs believe their money would be better spent on two to three good solid first graders, rather than one player who can run hot or cold.

The Canterbury move shapes as a setback for Mitchell, who faces the possibility of a pay cut from the Roosters.
https://amp.nine.com.au/article/086ebc26-c383-4200-8910-2c65ecfc4027?__twitter_impression=true

@bptiger said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

the roooters are playing games,its called ducks and drakes. bet they sign a gun then they will find the money to sign Mitchell. there are full of sh****

Not wrong mate, when they make their next huge signing, Latrell will sign for way less on the cap, and get the rest outside the cap, as they always do over at Bondi😡

So who does that leave? South’s maybe or Latrell may have to accept that he has an over inflated opinion of himself and his worth. Having Choc as a middle man may have something to do with that.

last edited by Telltails

Latrell and Walker both asking for too much according to the clubs that know them best.

Common denominator? Matt Rose.

Watch for Wighton to go thru the same very soon.
https://twitter.com/macktruck81/status/1191637713876709376?s=19

Wolfpack maybe- Khoder Nasser Sonny Bill / Mundine Crazy money floating around over there. Nothing much to prove here.

@WT2K said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

Latrell and Walker both asking for too much according to the clubs that know them best.

Walker is a well above average creative player, but has basically failed badly in finals AND origin…and you need to have excelled in those games to ask for 800.

He has a strong link with Madge and, honestly, he is the one guy I am dreading we might sign.

last edited by ElleryHanley

He will end up at the storm at some stage.

@Don_Kershane Sonny Bill to sign with Wolfpack for 10 million for 2yrs apparently…

@ElleryHanley said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@WT2K said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

Walker is a well above average creative player, but has basically failed badly in finals AND origin…and you need to have excelled in those games to ask for 800.

He has a strong link with Madge and, honestly, he is the one guy I am dreading we might sign.

Asking 850-900 apparently. Not worth that imo. Souths only offering 650

Walker definitely ain’t worth that.

Can only see Latrell at Souths. Funny everyone’s dropping out after that horror showing against Tonga.

@Moh said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

Walker definitely ain’t worth that.

Can only see Latrell at Souths. Funny everyone’s dropping out after that horror showing against Tonga.

It would be a good time to strike. We’ll need to pay overs to get a bloke like that here so I’d go hard for him. He’d be drawcard.

If anyone watched his performance against Tonga you wouldn’t pay him 250 a season.
His head is that big it wouldn’t fit through the goal posts.

We must have learned nothing … If we are still considering paying any player anywhere near $1M a season … Particularly players like Mitchell who has both off and on field issues dogging him.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.