Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

@851 said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@Glenn5150 said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

I thought of something today.

In 2010 Souffs were rubbish.

In 2011 they went all out and bought the best centre in the world. This player had been tried at 1, 3 and 6 by Melbourne but his best position was 3.

Souffs bought him to build a team around and they threw him in at Fullback. They also bought Ray Asotasi and then proceeded to build a team around them.

In time this players body couldnt handle the rigours of fullback anymore and he was moved back to centre. Within 3 years they won a premiership.

I wonder who the coach was that oversaw this masterstroke?

Roy Asotasi played for souths from 2007 to 2013, so Madge never signed him

Fair enough, my point was more around Inglis which is what I really think the critical issue. Madge didnt sign him either (one year earlier) but he certianly was the one who put it all together.

@Glenn5150 Madge won them the premiership, no doubt, hope he can do it again with us

last edited by 851

@851 said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@Glenn5150 Madge won them the premiership, no doubt, hope he can do it again with us

Of course, ny point is more along the lines that Madge played GI at fullback. I think that whilst the comparisons between GI & LM are a bit forced, its valid. Madge did it once. He could do it again.

Supporters say we need to go after well know first grade talent yet when we are rumored to be signing Mitchell they say this is utter rubbish and can’t spend that much of a player of his caliber.

@swag_tiger said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

Supporters say we need to go after well know first grade talent yet when we are rumored to be signing Mitchell they say this is utter rubbish and can’t spend that much of a player of his caliber.

It’s only hypocritical if it’s the same people… I see this comparison often from.some, yet I never see actual quotes… It’s just generalising

@innsaneink said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

It’s only hypocritical if it’s the same people… I see this comparison often from.some, yet I never see actual quotes… It’s just generalising

It’s not hypercritical even if it is the same people, it’s ok to want established stars but disagree on a salary point!

I for one though would be very happy if we get Latrell, just don’t think people are being hypercritical if they disagree.

@innsaneink it’s all over the Facebook groups. Seems like they are never happy whoever we sign.

@innsaneink it’s all over the Facebook groups. Seems like they are never happy whoever we sign.

yes LM would be a great signing, but he is no what we need right now, we need 2-3 very good forwards before we go chasing would be great backs. teams need grunt up[ front before u can let the backs do great things.

@bptiger said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

yes LM would be a great signing, but he is no what we need right now, we need 2-3 very good forwards before we go chasing would be great backs. teams need grunt up[ front before u can let the backs do great things.

When players like Mitchell become available you take the opportunity to grab them. You can buy whatever else you need later.

@bptiger
Did you stop and think by signing LM for 2020 we will be able to attract better forwards for 2021 and onwards? We’ll have close to $5M off contract by then.
I’d like to see the WT go back to focusing on signing a minimum of one marquee player per year. LM this season, Arrow the following.

@cochise said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

It’s not hypercritical even if it is the same people, it’s ok to want established stars but disagree on a salary point!

I for one though would be very happy if we get Latrell, just don’t think people are being hypercritical if they disagree.

You don’t get stars for nuffie prices… He is top level and will command top dollar… He is worth whatever the market is willing to pay… Taking assumed salaries from the media as gospel is foolish

@avocadoontoast said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

@bptiger said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

When players like Mitchell become available you take the opportunity to grab them. You can buy whatever else you need later.

Absolutely! That’s the bottom line, well put.

All this talk that we need forwards before Mitchell is a load of rubbish. It seems it’s forgotten that if he signs, he’s a 99% chance of being our fullback. It’s imperative to have a class fullback. It’s not not like he’ll get a cold out in the centres. He’ll touch the ball almost every set of 6. 1.3 is definitely overs, but if we want out and superstars at this club, we have to pay overs.

@cochise said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

You don’t get stars for nuffie prices… He is top level and will command top dollar… He is worth whatever the market is willing to pay… Taking assumed salaries from the media as gospel is foolish

I agree with you, but that doesn’t make those that disagree hypercritical.

@GNR4LIFE said in Roosters pull Mitchell’s contract offer:

All this talk that we need forwards before Mitchell is a load of rubbish. It seems it’s forgotten that if he signs, he’s a 99% chance of being our fullback. It’s imperative to have a class fullback. It’s not not like he’ll get a cold out in the centres. He’ll touch the ball almost every set of 6. 1.3 is definitely overs, but if we want out and superstars at this club, we have to pay overs.

Agreed

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.