Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

@Ponyo said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Properossi my bad champ. Us wogs are notoriously bad time keepers, everything is ‘no worries’ it’s cultural, not a racial thing.

Nothing bad about it brother!

@Groundup said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Properossi my bad

All good brother! We all sit down to have a 💩!

@Glenn5150 said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Like everyone I’m trying to curb my enthusiasm. I’d love an early announcement either way but also realise that Mitchell is under no pressure to hurry.

One consideration though is the fact that since Nov 1 Roosters are paying him foR this year. So there is incentive for LM to drag it out and incentive for Roosters to hurry up.

If Tigers are promising $800k for 2020 and he is on $450k at roosters, every week he drags it out is $8600 in his pocket.

I can see Roosters trying to push it to a conclusion

Its the other way isn’t it. Definitely roosters don’t want to be paying him. But he is losing money by not coming to tigers immediately.

@diedpretty said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Glenn5150 said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

Like everyone I’m trying to curb my enthusiasm. I’d love an early announcement either way but also realise that Mitchell is under no pressure to hurry.

One consideration though is the fact that since Nov 1 Roosters are paying him foR this year. So there is incentive for LM to drag it out and incentive for Roosters to hurry up.

If Tigers are promising $800k for 2020 and he is on $450k at roosters, every week he drags it out is $8600 in his pocket.

I can see Roosters trying to push it to a conclusion

Its the other way isn’t it. Definitely roosters don’t want to be paying him. But he is losing money by not coming to tigers immediately.

Who knows for sure

But I get the feeling if he comes to us he will still get the total amount from tiger’s that’s been agreed upon no matter how long it takes to get sorted

On top of that he is surely still getting paid by the roosters until he officially cuts ties with them

@happy_tiger said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Nelson said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Geo said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@Cultured_Bogan said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

@The_Patriot said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

As for the narritive that our forwards are lacking. Yes we could use a couple of players but i dont think its as bad as some are making out.

We have these guys who will be in the 17 somewhere -

Thomas Mikaele
Josh Aloiai
Oliver Clark
Michael Chee Kam
Luke Garner
Alex Twal

Thats the start of a very solid pack right there!

And we have these guys who are in the mix depending on form -

Chris McQueen
Chris Lawrence
Elijah Taylor
Matt Eisenhuth
Russell Packer

Go ahead and spend the million on Mitchell, we will be ok!

Absolutely. You don’t pass up on 22 year old dual premiership winning try scoring machines who have also represented country and state, ESPECIALLY when you’re in deficit in both positions they are extremely capable of filling.

We have a bunch of coin available at the end of next year, spend it on the quality forwards that come onto the market.

Well you will be happy then …late last night I got a message from an ex sponsor of the Cows …they have decided they want Holmes

About 50 posters too late…thanks scoop

Well this scoop will be close to the mark …if this bloke doesn’t know something going on in Townsville it isn’t worth knowing

Yes well in this case the big “scoop” could have come from reading numerous articles published yesterday to the same effect…

Yeah possibly …if there is anyone outside of the Cows current circle with info it is this bloke

Cowboys games at HT they have a kiss the person next to you where they show a person in the crowd …when they put his pic on the screen I reckon at least a thousand people screamed out his name like a Cheers moment …

I asked him do they do that every week and he said it was the 1st time

So everyone knows him bar us 😒😒😒

So it doesn’t bother anyone else that we seem to be the very last resort for Mitchell to sign with? We’ve had to chase him around the country to present our very generous offer, yet he still won’t commit. Instead he took himself to North Qld to pursue his ‘dream’ of playing with the team that finished 14th last season. Now that dream has been squashed because of Holmes returning we’re the only option left for him unless he stays at the Roosters - though it seems that ship has sailed.

I’m sorry, but if media reports are to be believed this bloke doesn’t seem too excited about coming to play at the Tigers. It’s more like we’ve become the only option left for him if he wants to get out of where he is now. Sure the money is good and he’ll get a crack at playing fullback but if he ends up signing with us will he really be invested?

This whole scenario is starting to look a bit like the girl having to say yes to the guy she really isn’t that keen on to take her to the dance because everyone else is taken and nobody else is asking!

@Spud_Murphy said in Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion:

So it doesn’t bother anyone else that we seem to be the very last resort for Mitchell to sign with? We’ve had to chase him around the country to present our very generous offer, yet he still won’t commit. Instead he took himself to North Qld to pursue his ‘dream’ of playing with the team that finished 14th last season. Now that dream has been squashed because of Holmes returning we’re the only option left for him unless he stays at the Roosters - though it seems that ship has sailed.

I’m sorry, but if media reports are to be believed this bloke doesn’t seem too excited about coming to play at the Tigers. It’s more like we’ve become the only option left for him if he wants to get out of where he is now. Sure the money is good and he’ll get a crack at playing fullback but if he ends up signing with us will he really be invested?

This whole scenario is starting to look a bit like the girl having to say yes to the guy she really isn’t that keen on to take her to the dance because everyone else is taken and nobody else is asking!

We wouldn’t have been his first option. Would we be your first option if you were Latrell? Of course not. But we are in the fortunate position of having more cash than anyone else AND not having a fullback.

If he signs with us he can wear a “Wests Tigers Suck” tee shirt and I wouldn’t care.

We’re on the verge of signing our best ever player and some peoples only takeaway from this situation is, ‘we’re his last choice, he’s in it for the money’ etc. It sounds all very pitiful if you ask me. @SeanT you’re really reaching bringing up what time he allegedly went to sleep 3 weeks ago too.

Edit: Sean deleted his comment

last edited by Ponyo

Is there a negative angle you won’t come at this situation from? You’ve been saying for weeks that we’ll look like suckers if we miss out on him, and now that its looking inevitable that we do sign him, we still look like suckers in your mind because apparently its us or nothing. Well, if he was that against playing for us, I’m sure he’d wait 12 months when his contract is up, then he could take his pick of where he wants to play. Its sad that at every turn you have to denigrate this club, and look at something that would be the greatest thing to happen to this club since 2005, and turn it into a burden. And I know you’re going to think im targeting you, but I’m just being honest. I don’t get why everything has to be drag.

The reality is that our club has had little success in recent years along with some poor recruitment of coaches and players.

We need the turning point and LM could very well be that move that provides legitimacy in the market place.

That 1st move was always gonna be expensive… success invites more success

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.

Brooks or Marshall putting Latrell into half a gap a few metres out from the try line. I can’t imagine anything negative about that. I can imagine boys and girls watching that and wanting to become WTs, especially those indigenous Australians who look up to him. Do you believe Russell Crown would not like him at Souths to replace Inglis and Burgess?

Nope no joke mate … it seems you have no knowledge what’s involved in negotiations like this before all is finalised. If you are going to sign away next four years of your career and if you are going to commit $4M of your cap money for one player … then both parties should be very careful and take care that all ducks are lined up and all avenues explored before signing.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.