Barry O Farrell

• @Geo

Apart from us, there is Lynn Anderson over at the Doggies - and they were much like us, turmoil, salary cap problems, change of coach etc - and she became their mouthpiece and still is.
    A bit like Marina Go had to put out spot fires everywhere …

• @Tiger_Steve said in Barry O Farrell:

@jirskyr said in Barry O Farrell:

I don’t get it, he was probably appointed Chair in good faith, then got an awesome offer for an Ambassador role.

From what I understand about the foreign service, it’s a top gig and lots of pollies and academics and public servants are lined up to get overseas postings.

Good luck to the bloke, I’d certainly never hate on a person who got a terrific job offer.

I can see your point and agree to a point. But I’d ask: whatever happened to “I just gave my word to the Tigers so I can’t take this opportunity”? Like he’s only been here 5 minutes. Surely he owes us whatever tenure he discussed initially?

No, absolutely he does not. At worst he leaves without sufficient notice period and doesn’t get paid out his annual leave.

Wait… chairperson is an unpaid position? If so he literally owes us nothing and we can’t do anything to bind him, nor sure we.

• @jirskyr said in Barry O Farrell:

@Tiger_Steve said in Barry O Farrell:

I don’t get it, he was probably appointed Chair in good faith, then got an awesome offer for an Ambassador role.

From what I understand about the foreign service, it’s a top gig and lots of pollies and academics and public servants are lined up to get overseas postings.

Good luck to the bloke, I’d certainly never hate on a person who got a terrific job offer.

I can see your point and agree to a point. But I’d ask: whatever happened to “I just gave my word to the Tigers so I can’t take this opportunity”? Like he’s only been here 5 minutes. Surely he owes us whatever tenure he discussed initially?

No, absolutely he does not. At worst he leaves without sufficient notice period and doesn’t get paid out his annual leave.

Wait… chairperson is an unpaid position? If so he literally owes us nothing and we can’t do anything to bind him, nor sure we.

This is why I rarely reply to 2nd or 3rd posts. Some of you blokes never see another point of view. All I’m saying is it’s a pity he doesn’t see out a couple of years as I’m sure that was the original intention. But yeah, you’re right again!

This is why I rarely reply to 2nd or 3rd posts. Some of you blokes never see another point of view. All I’m saying is it’s a pity he doesn’t see out a couple of years as I’m sure that was the original intention. But yeah, you’re right again!

Foe option here Steve. Trust me, it works sooo well.

• @Elderslie_Tiger said in Barry O Farrell:

With his Asset backing he can be what ever he likes

He doesn’t give a stuff

• @gallagher said in Barry O Farrell:

Foe option here Steve. Trust me, it works sooo well.

Yep - might be time I think

I don’t get it mate, that’s not how differing opinions are discussed. If this forum was only “I think X” then “I think Y”, with no go-between, it’s not much of a discussion then, it’s just an array of unrefuted opinions.

You said surely BOF owes us his tenure. I say absolutely he does not. I see your point of view but I don’t agree with it.

Now is it a pity he’s not seeing out his years? Yeah sure, but that’s not what you said. And plenty of folks on here would actually be quite pleased that BOF is on his way out.

• @jirskyr said in Barry O Farrell:

I don’t get it mate, that’s not how differing opinions are discussed. If this forum was only “I think X” then “I think Y”, with no go-between, it’s not much of a discussion then, it’s just an array of unrefuted opinions.

You said surely BOF owes us his tenure. I say absolutely he does not. I see your point of view but I don’t agree with it.

Now is it a pity he’s not seeing out his years? Yeah sure, but that’s not what you said. And plenty of folks on here would actually be quite pleased that BOF is on his way out.

Mate that is exactly what I said. Whatever happened to fulfilling a commitment? That’s it, that’s all!

• Once a Liberal politician, always a Liberal politician - all tip, no iceberg (thanks PJK). This bloke is an opportunist whose aspirations and profile far outweigh his talents. Always looking for the next plum job to keep him in the headlines but has no commitment to the job he’s got! His name is tainted from his days as Premier (just like other colourful identities from the Balmain side of the JV) and he will be absolutely no loss at all. Good riddance.

• Can’t expect BOF to turn down a cushy job to fulfill a non paying position. Love him or hate him 99% of us if in the same position would do the same.

• @Tiger-Tragic BOF aint from the balmain side. He use to support North Sydney - changed to us after they were booted.

• @BirchgroveTigers said in Barry O Farrell:

@Tiger-Tragic BOF aint from the balmain side. He use to support North Sydney - changed to us after they were booted.

Yeh, fair point, though I was referring to his links with Elias and Di Giralimo from the Balmain side of the JV.

• @Tiger-Tragic yeah us on the Balmain side do attract the slimeballs…been like that for a good what 40 years? lol

• @Madge said in Barry O Farrell:

Jockey Michael Walker was hit with one of the largest fines in the Melbourne Cup’s history ($10,000) after he was found to have used the whip 12 times on runner-up Prince Of Arran - seven times more than allowed - before the 100-metre mark.

That’s what I feel like doing to the Tigers at times!
    🤣

• @Tiger-Tragic I suppose Terry Lamb does not meet that criteria

Recent Topics