Wests Tigers sign Brad Abbey

• @happy_tiger said in Wests Tigers sign Brad Abbey:

@TigersBusDriver said in Wests Tigers sign Brad Abbey:

@happy_tiger Something positive? How about the fact we still have $1.5 million left in our cap to spend?

It worries me when I see most other’s sides recruitment thus far for 2020

Worries me more we lost our best player in 2019

Apart from Melbourne and Manly we have the worst recruitment so far …Melbourne and Manly have recruited no one so far

I hope you use an electric shaver.

• @rustycage said in Wests Tigers sign Brad Abbey:

@happy_tiger said in Wests Tigers sign Brad Abbey:

@happy_tiger Something positive? How about the fact we still have $1.5 million left in our cap to spend?

Apart from Melbourne and Manly we have the worst recruitment so far …Melbourne and Manly have recruited no one so far

Nah I’m good …just don’t understand why people continually ignore the blatantly obvious at this club and stand by and still back every thing the club does blindly

• @happy_tiger cause we are the supporters and not the decision makers.

@rustycage said in Wests Tigers sign Brad Abbey:

Nah I’m good …just don’t understand why people continually ignore the blatantly obvious at this club and stand by and still back every thing the club does blindly

If theres a guy in your workplace that’s a great performer but is an idiot, and causes moral to drop significantly, you cut out the cancer. Come on Happy. You must be able to see that.

Money to spend and a premiership winning coach this time around. There’s at least a glimmer of hope!

If theres a guy in your workplace that’s a great performer but is an idiot, and causes moral to drop significantly, you cut out the cancer. Come on Happy. You must be able to see that.

Just find it funny how clubs with great man management very rarely have these issues

And yeah on your assessment I’d probably have worked out through the interview process / reference check he was an idiot

Or if he hadn’t had a job history I’d question my own man management skills and hiring processes

Just find it funny how clubs with great man management very rarely have these issues

And yeah on your assessment I’d probably have worked out through the interview process / reference check he was an idiot

Or if he hadn’t had a job history I’d question my own man management skills and hiring processes

Right - of course. 🙄

Right - of course. 🙄

Who you talking about? Latrell?

Right - of course. 🙄

Yeah of course …you ring references ask the right questions and get the right answers …you act like that is hard

Even easier in the NRL because players and ex players talk

Right - of course. 🙄

Yeah of course …you ring references ask the right questions and get the right answers …you act like that is hard

Ok. Unbelievable… Management always cops a bagging at this club. We must be one of the few that are more than willing to kick ourselves constantly. Who among us ever stepped up to the plate on the forum and said Matto is a tool? What journos made mention of it along the way? When did this come to light? I don’t remember when, but I do remember that we as fans couldn’t believe it. It was out of left field. Yet it’s been reported that there were problems for some time. And they were trying to deal with things the entire way. Everything was kept in house obviously - which is good management. But no kudos given there. Nobody expected this. No commentators said anything. Players certainly didn’t. Heck, some are still besties with the prat. But management is supposed to know before they even have spent time with the guy? The alternative might have been to say ok Matto, let’s give you more money because you asked for it. Oh, and whilst the other boys are out there slogging it out after crashing out of the race for the finals, you can take off on holidays. No problems matey. All good with us. Look sometimes things just don’t work out.
    A player like Brad Abbey might just work out. He might have the ability to put in the hard yards. He might appreciate the opportunity given. He might be a positive influence on his team mates. None of which Matterson has been. And lets not forget, we’re yet to see if there are more already established players willing to sign on with us.
    I hope WT management made a million phone calls to all of Abbeys ex team mates, work colleagues, next door neighbours, school teachers and friends of friends first though just to make sure he’s of good character and not a miserable git.

Right - of course. 🙄

Ok. Unbelievable… Management always cops a bagging at this club. We must be one of the few that are more than willing to kick ourselves constantly. Who among us ever stepped up to the plate on the forum and said Matto is a tool? What journos made mention of it along the way? When did this come to light? I don’t remember when, but I do remember that we as fans couldn’t believe it. It was out of left field. Yet it’s been reported that there were problems for some time. And they were trying to deal with things the entire way. Everything was kept in house obviously - which is good management. But no kudos given there. Nobody expected this. No commentators said anything. Players certainly didn’t. Heck, some are still besties with the prat. But management is supposed to know before they even have spent time with the guy? The alternative might have been to say ok Matto, let’s give you more money because you asked for it. Oh, and whilst the other boys are out there slogging it out after crashing out of the race for the finals, you can take off on holidays. No problems matey. All good with us. Look sometimes things just don’t work out.
    A player like Brad Abbey might just work out. He might have the ability to put in the hard yards. He might appreciate the opportunity given. He might be a positive influence on his team mates. None of which Matterson has been. And lets not forget, we’re yet to see if there are more already established players willing to sign on with us.
    I hope WT management made a million phone calls to all of Abbeys ex team mates, work colleagues, next door neighbours, school teachers and friends of friends first though just to make sure he’s of good character and not a miserable git.

You asked me about my job …that’s what I do

My situation with Abbey is he hasn’t even finished his ACL rehab …but that’s ok

But everyone stuck the knife into the club , it’s coach and the CEO when we signed Matt Ballin mid ACL rehab …we did the exact same with Matulino …he was mid ACL rehab Jamal Idris …another massive risk with knee issues

Everything changes …CEO’s …Coaches…Recruitment yet we keep seeing the same risky signings that end up in lots of tragedy

We are already short in our cap 300 odd K because of Pascoe /Farah fiasco …and we struggle getting TPA’s …cap money is important

Show me all the other clubs signing players on 100 k contracts coming off 3 major surgeries …

• I didn’t ask about your job did I? But good for you Happy, you do this for a living. So you should know that things don’t always work out as you expect or hope.

And I don’t follow the ins and outs of other clubs caps and expenditure. I don’t think Abbey is in anyway similar to the likes of Ballin or Matulino. Maybe Idris. Hardly a massive risk. Perhaps an affordable considered one. I don’t know, but I’m not going to flog management for a signing such as this one.

• Even if its 100k, its still paying overs for an injury risk that has only played 13 first grade games in 3 years, didn’t play first grade at all last year and been released by two clubs ( no hint of scandal, just not good enough to keep). I truly hope that Brad has a sensational year and I end up with egg on my face.

• Well the only way were are ever going to find out is by signing him. If he is over his injuries he may be another teddy, who I also remember had knee issues.

• @Madge Looking at this footage, the bloke can play. Let’s see how this works out.

Recent Topics