Qld / NSW bushfires

• To all forum members , hope anyone in the areas being spoken about are all safe and well and remember nothing is worth as much as our own lives

Forget about that collection of WT’s jerseys , they aren’t that lucky

Just got off the phone to a family member who is close to the Cooroibah /Tewantin area and she has evacuated of her own accord

Remember to make that decision before it is too late

• Horrible these fires

Praying for rain

• Yeah it’s pretty crazy from what I can gather , just thinking to myself I was only at Noosa North Shore /Teewah/Double Island Point about 3 1/2 weeks ago reminiscing with Mum about all the good times we spent here

• I’m in Jakarta now but looking at the NSWRFS website last night and today. Old Bar near Taree was where my parents lived for 20 years and I still have great affection for the area of the Mid North Coast. All the best to them and the magnificent firies. My hopes and prayers are with them all.

• @happy_tiger said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

To all forum members , hope anyone in the areas being spoken about are all safe and well and remember nothing is worth as much as our own lives

Forget about that collection of WT’s jerseys , they aren’t that lucky

Just got off the phone to a family member who is close to the Cooroibah /Tewantin area and she has evacuated of her own accord

Remember to make that decision before it is too late

here here…common rain!!!

• We live in Port Macquarie and I have to say the smoke and the colour of the sky yesterday was something I have never seen. I have total admiration to all the people who are involved in trying to put these fires out, at the moment they are doing it tough.

• The natural brutality of our country is cruel at times ! God speed to all those folks in the areas affected be safe you can always rebuild .

• Bushfire a couple of kms from mine yesterday. Very fortunate the wind turned and the rain came through.

• 84cd86b1-1a38-42ab-a19b-bd2739d1e548-image.png A pic of a plane dropping fire retardant over my parents house at Harrington yesterday

• @Lidcombe_Magpie1 Wow. How terrifying is that. Thanks for sharing Lidcombe, very sobering. Hope everyone is all good, and minimal people were hurt.

• As an ex bushfire fighter and having seen, fought, and run from, some big hot fires, looking at some of the pictures is simply frightening. Much bigger and hotter than anything I have encountered, thousands of watts of direct heat. I really hope the blokes on the front stay safe and manage to get some rest so they can go home to their families when it’s all over.

• Mum said they have 37 crews on these fires at Tewantin /Lake Cooroibah

Shame it is a really beautiful area …heaps of very dry scrub though

• @NT_Tiger said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

As an ex bushfire fighter and having seen, fought, and run from, some big hot fires, looking at some of the pictures is simply frightening. Much bigger and hotter than anything I have encountered, thousands of watts of direct heat. I really hope the blokes on the front stay safe and manage to get some rest so they can go home to their families when it’s all over.

I live in Lake Cathie and i can’t praise the firies highly enough. The fires that have been in this area the last week have been horrendous due to the high winds causing spot fires everywhere. Without their dedication there would definitely have been a much bigger toll.

• @diedpretty It is truly amazing the coordination involved, and the work they get through without people getting hurt. But it can be a near thing at times. They deserve all the praise they get.

• @Lidcombe_Magpie1 said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

84cd86b1-1a38-42ab-a19b-bd2739d1e548-image.png A pic of a plane dropping fire retardant over my parents house at Harrington yesterday

Looks like the pilot got the drop spot on that time.

Recent Topics