Qld / NSW bushfires

50 school have already been closed as a precaution

i think a lot more will be closed by the board of studies depending on the severity of the area

Massive respect to the Aussie spirit that fights adversity and battles for one another.

In a way I love this about this great land that is so raw and rugged.

Tomorow is gonna be a cracker. Some of my RFS hard head mayes are worried about tomorrow.

I’m blowing out my gutters this arvo, do the same at the very least if u can…

Be safe fellow tigers.

last edited by Spartan117

@TheDaBoss said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

50 school have already been closed as a precaution

i think a lot more will be closed by the board of studies depending on the severity of the area

& TAFE’s and many other places. A colleague from our company passed away from the fires (i don’t know her), shes from port macq region but yeah its tragic.

Fires are as close to the cbd as the upper north shore, schools; hospitals, tafes etc closed in hornsby area already

last edited by trentrunciman

@Spartan117 said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

Massive respect to the Aussie spirit that fights adversity and battles for one another.

In a way I love this about this great land that is so raw and rugged.

Tomorow is gonna be a cracker. Some of my RFS hard head mayes are worried about tomorrow.

I’m blowing out my gutters this arvo, do the same at the very least if u can…

Be safe fellow tigers.

Good call bro …just don’t fall off the roof

The biggest issue in Qld I’d say would the Cobraball fires which is up near Yeppoon and the fires out at North Shore / Cooroibah which is about 20 kms north of Noosa

Where it crossed the Noosa River is about the same width as a football field ,

Mum was saying the winds were almost cyclonic last Wednesday , but fingers crossed looks like they have passed for the time being

Will be interesting tomorrow to see the exodus down the hill.

If I catch anyone flicking cigarettes out their windows up or down the mountain tomorrow I’m putting a ball pein hammer through their front windscreen.

@Cultured_Bogan said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

If I catch anyone flicking cigarettes out their windows up or down the mountain tomorrow I’m putting a ball pein hammer through their front windscreen.

Man you certainly live up to your name sometimes lol

If you see any Princesses driving their Nissan’s around just put the sledge hammer through their windscreen …tell em Happy did it

@happy_tiger said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

If you see any Princesses driving their Nissan’s around just put the sledge hammer through their windscreen …tell em Happy did it

I’m not kidding mate. Might sound like an idle threat on a forum but I’ve already had one fire close by. Families are homeless and people are dead because of littering (glass,) and cigarette butts. Yes I know natural phenomena like lightning are also culprits but fires the start near built areas can’t always be lightning.

Hobbo lives not far from me either. Hope he is ready to go if the call comes through.

last edited by Cultured_Bogan

I’m not kidding mate. Might sound like an idle threat on a forum but I’ve already had one fire close by. Families are homeless and people are dead because of littering (glass,) and cigarette butts. Yes I know natural phenomena like lightning are also culprits but fires the start near built areas can’t always be lightning.

Sandy Point fires in April last year were deliberately started by wakas lighting the bush in Moorebank…once it got into Holsworthy Army base…All Over…

I’m not religious, so I don’t pray. And, if I was, I think it would have no effect anyway. But, I am sending my thoughts and hopes that those who could be impacted are spared the agony.

More than anything, I advise my fellow citizens to do two things:

1. Heed the advice of the experts
  2. Call to account those who ignore the scienctific reality of climate change. I know who they are. You know who they are. Let’s make them accountable.

@Geo said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

Sandy Point fires in April last year were deliberately started by wakas lighting the bush in Moorebank…once it got into Holsworthy Army base…All Over…

Yeah you seldom catch the spanners lighting fires though. Caught people flicking butts even today. Then they think they have the right to tee off for calling them to account. It’s unacceptable any day of the year, let alone a TOBAN.

@Tiger-Tragic And your thoughts about the environmentalists / greens who put every possible obstacle in the path of harm minimisation strategies such as clearing undergrowth and other fuel reduction strategies.

Hobbo lives not far from me either. Hope he is ready to go if the call comes through.

That’s why I made the comment at his Datsun Stanza …yeah I know what you mean that massive fire I mentioned at Cooroibah probably got within 3 kms of Mum’s place and its just all scrub all around

Probably was more having a shot of all the things you could put through someone’s windscreen and you choose a ball pein hammer

last edited by happy_tiger

@happy_tiger I was driving through Olympic Park on Sunday. Pulled up along side this young blonde in a black AMG Merc with her hand out the window holding a cigarette. I said to my missus, bet you $10 she tosses it.
And she did.
She had a distinctive number plate, easily remembered - what’s the forums thoughts on dobbing her in?

@Lidcombe_Magpie1 said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

@happy_tiger I was driving through Olympic Park on Sunday. Pulled up along side this young blonde in a black AMG Merc with her hand out the window holding a cigarette. I said to my missus, bet you $10 she tosses it.
And she did.
She had a distinctive number plate, easily remembered - what’s the forums thoughts on dobbing her in?

Do it

Until they are caught they will keep on doing it

So disgusting and disrespectful

@Lidcombe_Magpie1 said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

And she did.

Flick one back in her window & see how she reacts. Not only dob her in, but utilise social media to call her out

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.