Qld / NSW bushfires

@Harvey said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

@Lidcombe_Magpie1 said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

@happy_tiger I was driving through Olympic Park on Sunday. Pulled up along side this young blonde in a black AMG Merc with her hand out the window holding a cigarette. I said to my missus, bet you $10 she tosses it.
And she did.
She had a distinctive number plate, easily remembered - what’s the forums thoughts on dobbing her in?

Flick one back in her window & see how she reacts. Not only dob her in, but utilise social media to call her out

Dobbing her in is one thing. I can’t stand when morons use social media to shame someone. An example of how social media gives people an inflated sense of importance.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

@coivtny said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

@Tiger-Tragic And your thoughts about the environmentalists / greens who put every possible obstacle in the path of harm minimisation strategies such as clearing undergrowth and other fuel reduction strategies.

Pretty sure that the Greens do not have control nor balance of power anywhere accross the nation for a start. Furthermore, have you actually looked at the Greens policies?

last edited by formerguest

@GNR4LIFE said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

@happy_tiger I was driving through Olympic Park on Sunday. Pulled up along side this young blonde in a black AMG Merc with her hand out the window holding a cigarette. I said to my missus, bet you $10 she tosses it.
And she did.
She had a distinctive number plate, easily remembered - what’s the forums thoughts on dobbing her in?

Flick one back in her window & see how she reacts. Not only dob her in, but utilise social media to call her out

Dobbing her in is one thing. I can’t stand when morons use social media to shame someone. An example of how social media gives people an inflated sense of importance.

Yeah, like the wankers my son watches that leave a bike in the middle of nowhere with a long rope attached and film them coming a cropper. That entrapment crap is the worst.

@formerguest said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

@Tiger-Tragic And your thoughts about the environmentalists / greens who put every possible obstacle in the path of harm minimisation strategies such as clearing undergrowth and other fuel reduction strategies.

Pretty sure that the Greens do not have control nor balance of power anywhere accross the nation for a start. Furthermore, have you actually looked at the Greens policies?

I think greens independants have balance of power if not control of a number of local council areas particularly in northern NSW

And she did.

100% give her up mate. Don’t care if anything thinks it’s a dog act. She probably won’t smell the fires let alone see them from the inner west.

@Tiger-Tragic said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

I’m not religious, so I don’t pray. And, if I was, I think it would have no effect anyway. But, I am sending my thoughts and hopes that those who could be impacted are spared the agony.

More than anything, I advise my fellow citizens to do two things:

1. Heed the advice of the experts
  2. Call to account those who ignore the scienctific reality of climate change. I know who they are. You know who they are. Let’s make them accountable.

Black Friday (VIC), 13-20 Jan 1939

Drought conditions and water shortages also preceded Black Friday, but the usual combination of high temperatures, strong winds, and low humidity finally triggered fires throughout bush communities near Melbourne. Well-meaning locals and graziers made the problem worse by trying to use controlled burns to protect themselves from disaster, only to see their good intentions help spread the flames. In all, 71 people were killed and 650 houses were destroyed. A Royal Commission investigation into the fires led to increased fire awareness and prevention efforts throughout Australia.

Sounds much like the current conditions that are fueling fires.

@formerguest Are you kidding? Local government has the most harmful impact on the activities of those involved in fire prevention activities. You’d have to be the village idiot to think local government isn’t dominated in some areas e.g Blue Mountains by greens and environmentalists. If you’re going tfire back at least be accurate,

@formerguest said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

I think greens independants have balance of power if not control of a number of local council areas particularly in northern NSW

Probably have, I was talking about legislation level which overrides local policy on such matters.

@formerguest Are you kidding? Local government has the most harmful impact on the activities of those involved in fire prevention activities. You’d have to be the village idiot to think local government isn’t dominated in some areas e.g Blue Mountains by greens and environmentalists. If you’re going tfire back at least be accurate,

And to use your own disparaging words, “you’d have to be the village idiot” to not know that such councils have no control over it unless something is a particular fire hazard, as it is legislated and controlled at state and/or federal level (if commonwealth land).

last edited by formerguest

@coivtny pretty much rubbish sorry to tell you mate. There is nothing prohibiting agencies from doing as much hazard reduction as possible. It’s the conditions that have been the barrier the last few years.

@coivtny please explain the ‘environmentalists’ that are apparently prohibiting hazard reduction and explain how they are being prohibited.

And she did.

I’ve always wanted to throw one butt still alight back in through their car window and say -

“By the way, you dropped this” - would love the panic.

@shakey4d Really can’t be bothered going into a detailed answer to satisfy your curiosity. If you don’t agree, that’s fine. I’m just against opportunists using these horrendous fires to push an argument for man-made climate change. I do know the RFS are pretty unhappy with the obstacles local government throw their way when they want to engage in hazard reduction in winter.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.