Qld / NSW bushfires

@diedpretty Same here, our local government does a good job with prescription burning. I know some of the blokes out there doing it and it all sounds very well considered. The greens have nothing to do with it either pro or anti. That is just LNP spin.

Some fires are too big for the fire fighters to do much. The one near my dad’s farm is 84,000ha. Fire fighters are almost powerless against fires that size. Lucky for my dad it’s expected to go away from the farm.

last edited by swag_tiger

@swag_tiger Good luck to you and yours. Stay safe

@NT_Tiger no one is there at the moment but my dad doesn’t wanna lose it none the less.

@swag_tiger That’s understandable. Sometimes with these bigger fires a lot comes down to luck. I hope you and your Dad have luck on your side. Cheers.

@NT_Tiger the fire fighters are planning to let it burn and put out the spot fires that come though.

We drove down to Sydney from Port Mac yesterday, and it was heartbreaking driving along tne highway at Taree. Burnt out both sides of the highway, houses burnt, sheds burnt, cars burnt, just cannot imagine trying to control these beasts.

@swag_tiger If that’s an option, given few resources it’s not a bad way to go. I’ve done that a few times. Generally if they’re on the ball it can be a good strategy as long as the front doesn’t come at them full tilt.

@NT_Tiger it’s been upgraded to emergency now.

@swag_tiger I hope all goes well and everybody goes home safe. Good luck.

@swag_tiger said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

Some fires are too big for the fire fighters to do much. The one near my dad’s farm is 84,000ha. Fire fighters are almost powerless against fires that size. Lucky for my dad it’s expected to go away from the farm.

Thoughts are with everyone who has fire concerns close by

Some bloody rain wouldn’t go astray in those areas

@happy_tiger said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

@swag_tiger said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

Thoughts are with everyone who has fire concerns close by

Some bloody rain wouldn’t go astray in those areas

Looks like the rain dance may have worked , some pretty serious rain and storms heading towards Lake Cooroibah and Noosa North Shore

A quick bickering on the gold coast this afternoon. Hopefully it was more intense and long lasting out west.

Forget climate change…Izzy knows the truth…

Israel Folau preaches bushfires and drought are God’s punishment for same-sex marriage and abortion
18 Nov, 2019 5:00am 5 minutes to read

In his latest sermon, Israel Folau has linked the bushfires and drought which have ravaged NSW and Queensland to same-sex marriage and abortion legislation.

Speaking at The Truth of Jesus Christ Church in Kenthurst, north west of Sydney, Folau has again delivered yet another sermon which has taken aim at homosexuals.

In June, Folau launched an attack on homosexuals and transgender children, a matter of months after he had his Wallabies contract torn up for a series of social media posts.

Folau had his $4 million contract torn up by Rugby Australia after he was found guilty of a code of conduct breach for saying “hell awaits” gay people in a social media post earlier this year.

He has since launched legal action, reportedly seeking $10 million in damages, believing he has been discriminated against because of his religious views, news.com.au reports.

Folau is set to return to court in December ahead of a trial in February 2020 if mediation is unsuccessful.

But in his latest sermon, Folau linked the devastating natural disasters to recent legislation.

“The message I mainly want to speak about today is mainly for the people who are outside within the world,” he began. “I’ve been looking around at the events that have been happening around Australia in the last couple of weeks with the bushfires and the droughts and all these things that are currently happening.”

Folau spoke from Isaiah 24, which says: “The earth is also defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore the curse has devoured the earth, and those who dwell in it are desolate. Therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men are left.”

He pointed to marriage equality laws and abortions and said “they’ve changed the law, they’ve changed the ordinance”.

**“I just want to see the events that have happened here in Australia in the last couple of years,” he said. "God’s word says for a man and a woman to be together, one man and one woman to be in the covenant of marriage together.

"Abortion, it’s okay to murder and kill unborn children and they deem that to be okay.

“Look how rapid these bushfires, these droughts, all these things have come in a short period of time, do you think it’s a coincidence? God is speaking to you guys — Australia, you need to repent and take these laws and turn it back into what is right by God.”**

He said “God is speaking to us”, urging the congregation to repent and turn away from their sins, comparing the current world to Sodom and Gomorrah — Old Testament cities which were destroyed by God for the sin of its inhabitants.

And in a passage of his sermon which appeared to speak to the scandal which saw his Rugby Australia contract torn up, Folau said Christians are “shut out” by the world.

“As a Christian in society, the world will look at you like you’re something different,” Folau said. "If you speak the truth, they will try to shut you out.

@Geo said in Qld / NSW bushfires:

Forget climate change…Izzy knows the truth…

Israel Folau preaches bushfires and drought are God’s punishment for same-sex marriage and abortion
18 Nov, 2019 5:00am 5 minutes to read

In his latest sermon, Israel Folau has linked the bushfires and drought which have ravaged NSW and Queensland to same-sex marriage and abortion legislation.

Speaking at The Truth of Jesus Christ Church in Kenthurst, north west of Sydney, Folau has again delivered yet another sermon which has taken aim at homosexuals.

In June, Folau launched an attack on homosexuals and transgender children, a matter of months after he had his Wallabies contract torn up for a series of social media posts.

Folau had his $4 million contract torn up by Rugby Australia after he was found guilty of a code of conduct breach for saying “hell awaits” gay people in a social media post earlier this year.

He has since launched legal action, reportedly seeking $10 million in damages, believing he has been discriminated against because of his religious views, news.com.au reports.

Folau is set to return to court in December ahead of a trial in February 2020 if mediation is unsuccessful.

But in his latest sermon, Folau linked the devastating natural disasters to recent legislation.

“The message I mainly want to speak about today is mainly for the people who are outside within the world,” he began. “I’ve been looking around at the events that have been happening around Australia in the last couple of weeks with the bushfires and the droughts and all these things that are currently happening.”

Folau spoke from Isaiah 24, which says: “The earth is also defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore the curse has devoured the earth, and those who dwell in it are desolate. Therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men are left.”

He pointed to marriage equality laws and abortions and said “they’ve changed the law, they’ve changed the ordinance”.

**“I just want to see the events that have happened here in Australia in the last couple of years,” he said. "God’s word says for a man and a woman to be together, one man and one woman to be in the covenant of marriage together.

"Abortion, it’s okay to murder and kill unborn children and they deem that to be okay.

“Look how rapid these bushfires, these droughts, all these things have come in a short period of time, do you think it’s a coincidence? God is speaking to you guys — Australia, you need to repent and take these laws and turn it back into what is right by God.”**

He said “God is speaking to us”, urging the congregation to repent and turn away from their sins, comparing the current world to Sodom and Gomorrah — Old Testament cities which were destroyed by God for the sin of its inhabitants.

And in a passage of his sermon which appeared to speak to the scandal which saw his Rugby Australia contract torn up, Folau said Christians are “shut out” by the world.

“As a Christian in society, the world will look at you like you’re something different,” Folau said. "If you speak the truth, they will try to shut you out.

Ive heard that the earth is flat, and the moon landing was fake

but this 100% takes the cake… what a absolute idiot

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme