November CEO update

Welcome to the Wests Tigers CEO Update for November

First and foremost, a big thank you on behalf of all at the club to those who have signed up as Wests Tigers Members in 2020. Your unwavering does not go unnoticed by the players and staff alike, and we are extremely proud to see such strong numbers already committed to help defend Our Jungle in what is certainly shaping as a big year ahead.

I am very pleased to announce that Brydens Lawyers Principal Lee Hagipantelis has been appointed as the new Chair of the Wests Tigers Board. I would personally like to congratulate and welcome Lee to the role. He has always shown unwavering passion for Wests Tigers and his experience and leadership will be an invaluable asset to the club moving forward.

With lots being discussed around the club at the moment, I want to make quick reference and congratulations to Ben Matulino on a superb rugby league career following his retirement last month. Ben has been a wonderful player for over a decade and has contributed his all to Wests Tigers, the Warriors and also the New Zealand national side.

Of particular importance in this update is circling back to the Membership survey that many of you recently completed and address the key feedback provided there. As a club, we take great pride in our Members and the input they have in shaping the direction of the club, so I want to thank everyone for taking the time to complete the survey.

With that in mind, I thought I would highlight two of the most common themes that arose from the survey and let you know how we plan on improving these areas going forward.

Improving communication between the club and our Members is something we are committed to delivering in 2020 with a number of revised initiatives and procedures already starting to take place. A new email communication system has been rolled out to ensure all Members receive official news from the club, with Wests Tigers determined to ensure official club news is received by Members before being delivered anywhere else. Updated injury reports also remain a focus for Wests Tigers to improve in 2020 — ensuring that our committed Members are up-to-date with where the team is tracking throughout the year.

In addition, Wests Tigers CEO Updates will remain a monthly deliverable to allow straightforward communication from the club and myself to our Members. We’ve seen great engagement in these in the form of live Q&A’s, written letters or pre-recorded videos and we’ll continue to provide these to you each month. Your feedback and questions are always welcome, and I will endeavour to ensure we answer whatever questions you have, so please don’t hesitate to contact the club with topics you would like covered here.

Another big area for improvement for us going forward is with our Membership packs. As a club, we take great pride in putting packs together for our Members each year and continue to improve them as result of your feedback. As you will soon see, 2020 packs have had a number of changes to them as a result of Member feedback and comments.

Member hats and keyrings will return in 2020, with an exclusive Member cap and keyring included in 2020 core packages. All supporter packs will also have great merchandise inclusions this year which we are confident you will love. We are confident that our 2020 Member packs are of the highest quality we have produced, with fresh and modern designs, while several additional items have been included after direct requests from Members.

Member packs are in the process of being sent out for all who have signed up for 2020, and I thank you for your patient waiting after a successful Membership launch last month.

As mentioned above, please don’t hesitate to contact the club with any feedback, questions or concerns you have and I will make sure we address them in next month’s update.

Thank you once again for your support and your ongoing commitment to this great club.

Regards,
Justin Pascoe

Is good to see that they acknowledge & act on feedback. The removal of the automated opt in is a big plus.

On other threads I mentioned that I had opted out. Biggest reason was that I didn’t want to commit until I saw the draw and it was realistic that I could actually attend games that I was paying to, and the direction the club was heading in regarding Matterson’s dog act and other decisions.

I am happy on both counts and will sign up again. It is only GA and so no impact in regards to losing a prized position.

He lost me at deliverable.

I want to hear about recruitment and nothing more.
Just trying sell memberships.

@Bula said in November CEO update:

And, “unwavering” x2? Within successive paragraphs? Really? How does he know the support is “unwavering”?

More of this crap from the CEO and I wil be wavering big time!

@Tiger-Tragic said in November CEO update:

@Bula said in November CEO update:

And, “unwavering” x2? Within successive paragraphs? Really? How does he know the support is “unwavering”?

More of this crap from the CEO and I wil be wavering big time!

if you unwaver twice doesn’t that mean you’re wavering again?

Cut and paste once again!

People actually complained about not getting yet another hat and keyring? 🙄
Some of you must love having 15 identical crappy hats…

Nothing in there to be overly excited or worried about. They got lazy this year, and will try and be more proactive next season.

Can’t be any worse than this year with communicating with fans/members about injuries.

@balmain-boy said in November CEO update:

People actually complained about not getting yet another hat and keyring? 🙄
Some of you must love having 15 identical crappy hats…

Nothing in there to be overly excited or worried about. They got lazy this year, and will try and be more proactive next season.

I guess we as WT’s supporters wear so many hats to get through a season

Especially those one we eat when we say "If the Dogs beat us twice in a season ,I’ll eat my hat "

@balmain-boy I suggested a flag…but we got the key ring instead☺

@WT2K To be fair, losing Pascoe for 6 months left a big hole. But for him to put that nothing burger “CEO update” out without mentioning the actual reason for his existence and our support i.e. the actual Footy team itself, smacks of arrogance.

@LeichhardtTiger said in November CEO update:

@WT2K To be fair, losing Pascoe for 6 months left a big hole. But for him to put that nothing burger “CEO update” out without mentioning the actual reason for his existence and our support i.e. the actual Footy team itself, smacks of arrogance.

It seemed rushed and lacked thought. At least give some insight into the player market.

@LeichhardtTiger Hopefully the first business of the new chair and board is to replace Pascoe … should of been sacked after Farahgate !

@Snake said in November CEO update:

@LeichhardtTiger Hopefully the first business of the new chair and board is to replace Pascoe … should of been sacked after Farahgate !
Nope … wrong call!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.