Hall v Grub

@Sabre said in Hall v Grub:

@BalmainJnr said in Hall v Grub:

Was good to hear Baz talk about not wanting to cheapen the sport. That’s generally what I think these ex footballers boxing does. Wasn’t the worst fight I’ve seen. Saw the difference in the two blokes tonight. Baz gracious post fight and Gal whinging and acting like he got robbed.

Gallen did himself no favours at all tonight.
Drew a fight that he was expecting to win, was made to look like half the boxer he thinks he is and embarrassed himself in the post-match interview.

Brother he embarrasses the game every time he opens his trap

Someone in that comment section last night called Gallen the white Mundine. Pretty acuarate I think. An absolute blowhard. An opinion on anything, and couldn’t take the draw gracefully. We’ll be reading him giving his opinion on everything for the next 20 years. What fun.

Lollllllz. Can’t stand Gallen eh.

@Fitzy05 said in Hall v Grub:

@GNR4LIFE White Choc

More like Lips Locked, think he’d have a fair few more actual friends that way. Well played but he is not very fly for a white guy…

The ref first talked to Hall and then went and talked to Gallen without calling time off when Hall was gassing. It was only a 2 minute round. Did anyone see the ref holding Halls pants out for easier breathing or did it just look like it? The ref done no favours for Gallen. At end of fight Gallens interview was poor whereas Hall was class.

@Kilgradumpy said in Hall v Grub:

The ref first talked to Hall and then went and talked to Gallen without calling time off when Hall was gassing. It was only a 2 minute round. Did anyone see the ref holding Halls pants out for easier breathing or did it just look like it? The ref done no favours for Gallen. At end of fight Gallens interview was poor whereas Hall was class.

You nailed it about the refereeing - one sided to the home town boy.
Hall would have been creamed if it was 3 minute rounds.
Can’t see how people are calling Gallen a blowhard when Hall mouthed off just as much before the fight and took the easy way out with the 2 minute noodle rounds.

Didn’t take long. Rematch already being touted in the telegraph.
It was always going to happen. It’s a fix.

I am far from a Gallen fan but credit to him he was chasing Hall the entire fight and if the fight had 3min rounds and the ref was not interfering he would of finished it first few rounds. Gal did show his true self in the interview following the fight. Not sure if Hall was gassed or just sitting back for the draw as it would be a decent payday for him.

I am not a huge boxing fan but had Hall first 2 rounds Gal next 2 and last 2 draw. The crowd and commentators made it sound like Hall was the superior fighter but it was mostly Gal walk forward, air swings then a big hug with Gal going for kidney shots and then ref give them a 30 sec rest then repeat.

I thought Gallen tried to take it up but geez it was a bloody boring fight…so glad I didn’t hand over any of my hard earned…snoozer

Hall threw the better punches but Gallen had the volume. Unfortunately Gallen should’ve won it on aggression.

Hall should’ve jabbed more because with his reach the grub wouldn’t have gotten close.

Personally Hall is the better fighter in my opinion…but Gallen had the anger and the point to prove

@OzLuke said in Hall v Grub:

Hall threw the better punches but Gallen had the volume. Unfortunately Gallen should’ve won it on aggression.

Hall should’ve jabbed more because with his reach the grub wouldn’t have gotten close.

Personally Hall is the better fighter in my opinion…but Gallen had the anger and the point to prove

And a fitness base level built on the back of years of performance enhancing drug use.

I thought Gal seemed to have more Pep ??!!

@GNR4LIFE said in Hall v Grub:

Someone in that comment section last night called Gallen the white Mundine. Pretty acuarate I think. An absolute blowhard. An opinion on anything, and couldn’t take the draw gracefully. We’ll be reading him giving his opinion on everything for the next 20 years. What fun.

At least Choc can fight.

@Cultured_Bogan said in Hall v Grub:

@GNR4LIFE said in Hall v Grub:

At least Choc can fight.

People can comment on the 2 minute rounds , but Gallen agreed to that in the end and still claimed on the Back Page he would knock Hall out

He was looking for excuses a week before for the fight , Hall’s name was 1st …the promoters were pushing Hall’s wheelbarrow …2 minute rounds

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.