Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua

The Tigers have snatched exciting strike player Luciano Leilua from the Dragons.

The Dragons were keen to keep the 23-year-old Samoan international, who played 22 games for the club this year.

But the Tigers with money to spare after losing Ryan Matterson to Parramatta have decided Leilua is the perfect replacement.

A giant centre or second-rower, Leilua has pace and ball skills and is capable of breaking the line.

He should revel playing outside the Tigers’ ball men, Luke Brooks and Benji Marshall, and could prove even at this early stage one of the best signings of 2020.
Dragons fans will be fuming at losing the young forward, a former Australian Schoolboy and local junior.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-news-the-mole-wests-tigers-sign-luciano-leilua/fd1b6c6c-8770-4817-b8c5-3b4136565d7d [117]

last edited by Spartan117

@Tiger_Fan18 said in Tigers sign Dragons star Luciano Leilua:

The Tigers have snatched exciting strike player Luciano Leilua from the Dragons.

The Dragons were keen to keep the 23-year-old Samoan international, who played 22 games for the club this year.

But the Tigers with money to spare after losing Ryan Matterson to Parramatta have decided Leilua is the perfect replacement.

A giant centre or second-rower, Leilua has pace and ball skills and is capable of breaking the line.

He should revel playing outside the Tigers’ ball men, Luke Brooks and Benji Marshall, and could prove even at this early stage one of the best signings of 2020.
Dragons fans will be fuming at losing the young forward, a former Australian Schoolboy and local junior.

To be clear: this is taken directly from the Mole who is an unreliable source…

plz lord noooo, I want brown or arrow and mitchell:(

Doubt Brown was ever leaving. Get him for a good price and i honestly dont mind. We need another forward snd a fullback still

Good, now lock in his brother as well…

@Milky majority will disagree but would be great to get Joey as well. Still hasn’t signed with the dogs and would presume signing his brother would only help our cause

@Jimmy said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

, I want brown or arrow

Don’t be dispondant Jimmy

LM could be the a franchise defining recruit… Arrow not so much.

Lucianno is a good bang for your buck addition .

My dragon’s mates rate him higjly

@Spartan117 said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

@Jimmy said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

, I want brown or arrow

Don’t be dispondant Jimmy

LM could be the a franchise defining recruit… Arrow not so much.

Lucianno is a good bang for your buck addition .

My dragon’s mates rate him higjly

If true, it’s a good signing…he’s very skillful and consistently breaks the line.

If Madge can get him super fit, he may even improve…that’s a scary thought because the guy has talent!

@weststigers if he responds to Madge coaching style and he could get fit, he would be scary. Big powerful skillful and athletic.
Still this was reported by the mole, hopefully he got this one right

@TJ21 said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

@weststigers if he responds to Madge coaching style and he could get fit, he would be scary. Big powerful skillful and athletic.
Still this was reported by the mole, hopefully he got this one right

Why is there always this talk about ‘if Madge gets him fit’? Why do you want to make him smaller? His biggest attribute is his size and his ability to bust tackles, why do you want to take that away? Seems stupid. Leave him the way he is.

@avocadoontoast last year he averaged 41 mins per game. Fitness doesn’t require him to get smaller, just needs to get the miles in his legs in the off-season so he can play closer to 60 minutes

Luch is a good signing, but to completely cover the loss of Matterson we need someone that will cover his workload through the middle. Hopefully the rumours about Brown are true

@TJ21 said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

@avocadoontoast last year he averaged 41 mins per game. Fitness doesn’t require him to get smaller, just needs to get the miles in his legs in the off-season so he can play closer to 60 minutes

It does take away some of his impact.

Big Lucy come on down

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.