Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua

@851 said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

@tw33k said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

@finnzo
exactly, plus Joey is an arrogant smart ass, I’d be surprised if Madge was interested

Madge wants Lomax for right centre

Hopefully he can snag him sounds like a few clubs are interested

Luciano Leilua is expected to finalise a three year deal with WT in the coming fortnight, allowing him to make a clean switch when he returns to preseason in early December (Daily Telegraph)
https://twitter.com/NBWT__/status/1196336541133443073?s=19

fortnight?? bloody hell these things take too long

@OzLuke said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

48 hours plus a bit

@WT2K said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

Luciano Leilua is expected to finalise a three year deal with WT in the coming fortnight, allowing him to make a clean switch when he returns to preseason in early December (Daily Telegraph)
https://twitter.com/NBWT__/status/1196336541133443073?s=19

I suppose latrell and luciano signed at same time??

@TheDaBoss said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

48 hours plus a bit

48 hours (x48 is what they don’t tell ya)

Have to wait for the drags to release him first is my guess as to why we need to wait a fortnight

Super signing if its true, a legitimate strike forward, fitness was an issue and had a tendency to drift out of games, but a full off season with Madge will see that out of his game. 2020 is looking good.

Low risk high reward.

Great signing as the big guy has some real good hands and a good rumble.

@avocadoontoast said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

@weststigers said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

@TJ21 said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

@weststigers if he responds to Madge coaching style and he could get fit, he would be scary. Big powerful skillful and athletic.
Still this was reported by the mole, hopefully he got this one right

Why is there always this talk about ‘if Madge gets him fit’? Why do you want to make him smaller? His biggest attribute is his size and his ability to bust tackles, why do you want to take that away? Seems stupid. Leave him the way he is.

Why does he have to lose size to be fit?

Why is he unfit now? He doesn’t seem to be unfit when i’ve seen him play. he has the same body shape as his brother.

Yea, not sure why folks are saying unfit. Mainly used as an interchange. Of the games he started -

R15 - 20mins (hia/injury perhaps)
R16 - 64 mins - 101 metres
R22 - 80mins - 112 metres
R23 - 70mins -. 107 metres
R24 - 72mins -. 151 metres

Has a tackle efficiency of 90.4%

I know he finished the season stronger, but those stats are pretty selective. He didn’t make 70m in his first 9 games.

It’s also worth noting that every game Saints won with him playing, he was on for less than 35 minutes. Every time he played more than 40, they lost.

Not bagging him. He has oodles of talent, but I’m not sure he’ll ever be a workman.

@Masterton We have enough workmen and not enough impact… That’s why I like this signing

Great signing! In the Blocker Roach mould - can break the line and offload at will, an attribute from the past that is hard to replicate these days.

@Masterton said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

@weststigers if he responds to Madge coaching style and he could get fit, he would be scary. Big powerful skillful and athletic.

Why is there always this talk about ‘if Madge gets him fit’? Why do you want to make him smaller? His biggest attribute is his size and his ability to bust tackles, why do you want to take that away? Seems stupid. Leave him the way he is.

Why is he unfit now? He doesn’t seem to be unfit when i’ve seen him play. he has the same body shape as his brother.

Yea, not sure why folks are saying unfit. Mainly used as an interchange. Of the games he started -

I know he finished the season stronger, but those stats are pretty selective. He didn’t make 70m in his first 9 games.

It’s also worth noting that every game Saints won with him playing, he was on for less than 35 minutes. Every time he played more than 40, they lost.

Not bagging him. He has oodles of talent, but I’m not sure he’ll ever be a workman.

He’s performing when the season was already gone.

The games that Avo quoted are when he started. All other games he came off the bench, which is also why his minutes and metres would be down.

@Glenn5150 said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

The games that Avo quoted are when he started. All other games he came off the bench, which is also why his minutes and metres would be down.

Fair enough. Missed that.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.