Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua

@Cultured_Bogan said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

@Masterton said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

@WT2K said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

@avocadoontoast said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

@weststigers said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

@avocadoontoast said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

@TJ21 said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

@weststigers if he responds to Madge coaching style and he could get fit, he would be scary. Big powerful skillful and athletic.
Still this was reported by the mole, hopefully he got this one right

Why is there always this talk about ‘if Madge gets him fit’? Why do you want to make him smaller? His biggest attribute is his size and his ability to bust tackles, why do you want to take that away? Seems stupid. Leave him the way he is.

Why does he have to lose size to be fit?

Why is he unfit now? He doesn’t seem to be unfit when i’ve seen him play. he has the same body shape as his brother.

Yea, not sure why folks are saying unfit. Mainly used as an interchange. Of the games he started -

R15 - 20mins (hia/injury perhaps)
R16 - 64 mins - 101 metres
R22 - 80mins - 112 metres
R23 - 70mins -. 107 metres
R24 - 72mins -. 151 metres

Has a tackle efficiency of 90.4%

I know he finished the season stronger, but those stats are pretty selective. He didn’t make 70m in his first 9 games.

It’s also worth noting that every game Saints won with him playing, he was on for less than 35 minutes. Every time he played more than 40, they lost.

Not bagging him. He has oodles of talent, but I’m not sure he’ll ever be a workman.

He’s performing when the season was already gone.

He just reminds me of a BMM …looks like he should kill it but never did

Seems to me club looking for a ball playing forward and this looks like the signing after missing out on the young manly forward

Was surprised to find out he played 22 games this year. I hardly noticed him. Not that that is any indication though. Some players go to other clubs and transform into beats at other clubs under new coaches. Look at Taupau. Came out of nowhere.

A very talented player with a huge ceiling. I’m happy to have him. Better than signing a mediocre player with low potential. In the second half of 2019, the only player who ever looked like doing anything for St George was Luciano Leilua. Fitness and discipline are things that need working on, but I honestly believe he could become one of the best second rowers in the NRL.

Also, don’t believe any posters talking about his bad attitude. They are simply lumping him in with his dope of a brother. Yes they look the same, doesn’t mean they’re the same person. Look at Will Hopoate. The guy is a saint, yet he was the offspring of Lucifer himself. Until there is actual evidence, and not hearsay, of Luciano Leilua having an attitude problem, he’s good in my books!

last edited by Kazoo Kid

@Kazoo-Kid huge ceiling and upside and I don’t believe we have parted with a lot $$ if it doesn’t work out. Dragons are now in a rush to sign Capewell. So happy we steered clear of him!!

@TJ21 said in Tigers rumoured to sign Dragons Luciano Leilua:

@Kazoo-Kid huge ceiling and upside and I don’t believe we have parted with a lot $$ if it doesn’t work out. Dragons are now in a rush to sign Capewell. So happy we steered clear of him!!

ahaha now that you say that all I’m thinking about is him having a breakout year then we have another Matto on our hands.

@Kazoo-Kid hey it wouldn’t surprise me with the lack of loyalty in the game these days… Kid is a future star, a lot of bitter dragons supporters today!!

@TJ21 hopefully we can make it 2/2 and take Lomax off them. Just to add some extra bitterness.

@WT2K that would be brilliant!!

@WT2K and then 3/3 with Frizzell for 2021

Luciano to take Mattersons block off

@TJ21 Same dollars as McQueen is on I think - $400k pa over 3 years. Hopefully McQueen has taken that ESL offer. Maybe a direct swap out.

@Roar_Power hopefully McQueen takes it. Geez we have a lot of dead wood don’t we!!

@TJ21 Sure do. Exciting though - I mean a lot will be gone at the end of next season and then we are only carrying Grub and Packer until the end of 2021 which frees up another $1.7-1.8m?? Basically the roster will be completely overhauled over the next 2 seasons. Will be a vastly different line up in 2021 and 2022.

@Roar_Power I’m excited mate, I stated in a post earlier that I am loving the direction the club is heading, especially with the powers that be mate, it’s great and exciting

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.