Wests Tigers re-sign Luke Garner

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce that Luke Garner has signed a contract extension with the club — keeping him at Wests Tigers until the end of the 2022 NRL season.

A strong performer throughout the 2019 season, Garner’s two-year deal will see him continue his development under Coach Michael Maguire following an impressive start to his NRL career.

Originally joining the club’s Intrust Super Premiership side in 2017, the 24-year-old was made captain of the side in 2018 before earning promotion to the NRL squad before the June 30 deadline.

He would make his first-grade debut soon after against the St. George-Illawarra Dragons in Round 18 before establishing himself as a regular in the side soon after.

The Bilambil Jets junior has played 20 games in total for the club, having scored seven tries in his 14 games played for Wests Tigers during 2019.

Wests Tigers forward Luke Garner celebrates a try against the Sea Eagles
Wests Tigers forward Luke Garner celebrates a try against the Sea Eagles
Garner said he was extremely happy to remain with Wests Tigers.

“It’s very exciting for me to stay here,” Garner said.

“This is the club where I made my first-grade debut and where I’ve played for the last few years so I’m very excited to stay.

“We’re building something very nice here and it’s very exciting to see the development in our team. I’m focussed on working hard and pushing my teammates and seeing where we can go in the next few years.”

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2019/11/18/wests-tigers-re-sign-luke-garner

Thats great news. Confidence shown all round in player, club and Maguire. Well done.

Outstanding news … well done

1 down 1 to go…

Great news…

shows Madge likes his attributes.

@Geo said in Wests Tigers re-sign Luke Garner:

1 down 1 to go…

Great news…

Twal the other? There was some signing news that was supposed to go along with that wasn’t there?

Well deserved Luke, look forward to you running those hard lines and baggin a few tries in 2020.

@Nelson Yeah I remember Geo posting a couple of days ago that Garner and Twal were to be re-signed and Tetevano announced…

Great news! Here’s hoping he can keep developing and running those beautiful lines Off Brooks. Well in. Happy for all involved!

Good news. And good to see the cycle of re-signing players till the end of 2021 has been broken. That was getting a bit too much.

Good news he had a strong season this year

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.