What if...

…we miss the finals again in 2020?

We’ve gone through 5-6 coaches, 4-5 CEOs and 4 board chairmen and 3 different board since our last finals appearance (don’t quote me on the above, just an estimate)

Since Madge and Lee are the newer heads in their department, I guess Pascoe may be the one to take the fall but how long can we continue failing? what’s the next step, just keep cycling through the above?

@tig_prmz said in What if...:

We’ve gone through 5-6 coaches, 4-5 CEOs and 4 board chairmen and 3 different board since our last finals appearance (don’t quote me on the above, just an estimate)

Since Madge and Lee are the newer heads in their department, I guess Pascoe may be the one to take the fall but how long can we continue failing? what’s the next step, just keep cycling through the above?

Not the time for doomsday forecasting.

If we don’t bolster our forward pack it’s not "what if " , it is “when”

The really easy answer is to stop cycling through the above.

@old_man_tiger said in What if...:

The really easy answer is to stop cycling through the above.

not agreeing or disagreeing but you can’t expect pascor/madge/lee to understand how long we’ve been waiting for a finals game

Mr Optimistic

It’s too early to tell whether or not we will, and what will happen. If the absolute worst happens and we struggle to recruit between now and R1, we won’t be making finals. I know there’s plenty of talk surrounding Latrell, Leilua, Lomax, Frizell, Brown, Tetevano and Brimson, but let’s face it, none of them have signed (yet).

Throw in the fact that we’ve lost our best centre (he was playing injured) and our best player who carried our forward pack on his back some days (despite his pathetic attitude) and unless we sign some big names, we’re in a bit of trouble. I think the club was always preparing for 2021 simply due to the money we’ll possess. Hopefully Madge pulls off at least 3 of the names I mentioned before and then we can make a judgement.

Madge will be under pressure. I’m sure that played a part in him wanting to restructure the squad ASAP. Wouldn’t want to put all his eggs in one basket and rely on us getting results in 2021. He needs a good year in 2020.

When was the last time we actually re-signed a coach? Sheens 2011 by my calculations. Almost a decade. That’s ridiculous.

@GNR4LIFE said in What if...:

Madge will be under pressure. I’m sure that played a part in him wanting to restructure the squad ASAP. Wouldn’t want to put all his eggs in one basket and rely on us getting results in 2021. He needs a good year in 2020.

When was the last time we actually re-signed a coach? Sheens 2011 by my calculations. Almost a decade. That’s ridiculous.

Jesus, when you put it like that it really hits home. That’s really poor management by the club

@tigerbalm said in What if...:

@GNR4LIFE said in What if...:

Jesus, when you put it like that it really hits home. That’s really poor management by the club

And he didn’t even see that contract out.

That’s the way, positivity to the max.

I don’t think there is huge pressure on Madge he came in this seasond with a roster that wasn’t his and was 1 game off makeing the semis imagine when he gets players he wants I really feel as though the club is heading in the rite direction

@finnzo said in What if...:

I don’t think there is huge pressure on Madge he came in this seasond with a roster that wasn’t his and was 1 game off makeing the semis imagine when he gets players he wants I really feel as though the club is heading in the rite direction

The club has said anything less than finals in 2020 is a failure. So, he’ll be starting to feel it.

@finnzo If anything… this season was a pressure free season for Madge, for the reasons you said, what happens when he shapes the roster to his liking, new signings he has played a part in and with the season gone and an offseason to come… the more the team is shaped to his style the more pressure he will have.
I for one think our team off the field is in good shape, can’t wait to see the team they put on the field.
I have a feeling that Season 2021 is going to be MADGIC!
(Pun totally intended)

What if this forum didn’t exist…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.