M'BYE

Does anyone know what we are paying M’Bye and are Canterbury paying some of his wage still ?

Canterbury aren’t paying his wage anymore, no. Who knows what he’s on. Probably around the 700k mark, as we paid him fullback money back then.

Averaged out to 650k i believe.

A lot of $$ for the 2020 CC captain

Was he avg. this year, yes…but damn he was in some good form last yr…looks like trell will nab the fb role, meaning where is Mbye in our future plans? I think he’ll be a Smokey for the 6 imo once benji goes, as for 2020, mr fix it it seems

Too much, I still can’t believe he’s our captain.
Great bloke, average player, not captain material and getting paid overs.

I believe he is on $750k per year and that the Dogs were paying $175k in each of 2019 & 2020
Like all of us here, it’s not guaranteed but it is what I read in an SMH article at the time and fits in with my understanding of his Dogs contract

Far too much. Cheers, Voldemort.

@Jimmy Mr Fix what?
I don’t want to see him in a number 6 jersey, personally can’t stand him as a player from what I’ve seen.

@Chaos Mate go watch his highlights from his time at the doggies and last year, especially against the dragons…he’s a terrific ball player, throws some mad cut out balls and when fit has some speed to him, if brooks can step up like he did when benji was player hooker I think a brooks mabye could work really well, brooks being the main kicking option and Mbye the main short side, pass option

last edited by Jimmy

Another Cleary failure.

Good player and good bloke but well and truly overs…

I think a lot of the baggage with Mbye is not only that he is being paid overs but that he was brought to the club as a bit of a saviour at a time when we needed not only a name but a strike attacking weapon. Mbye isnt really either. Ironically I think he was suffering the same thing at Bulldogs.

If…massive IF…we managed to jag Latrell, well Mbye is no longer that guy. Sure he is still getting paid ridiculous money but less expectation. I think if Mbye could be left to just do a job, he could do it well.

Personally I was very pleasantly surprised with his performance in the centres. Defensively he was the best in the comp and i think there is a bit of upside there.

Overall I was pleased with the way Madge read him and used him last year. Massive difference from previous coaches in that when something wasnt working, we didnt just keep banging away it it for a whole season (think Rankin etc).

@Glenn5150 said in M'BYE:

I think a lot of the baggage with Mbye is not only that he is being paid overs but that he was brought to the club as a bit of a saviour at a time when we needed not only a name but a strike attacking weapon. Mbye isnt really either. Ironically I think he was suffering the same thing at Bulldogs.

If…massive IF…we managed to jag Latrell, well Mbye is no longer that guy. Sure he is still getting paid ridiculous money but less expectation. I think if Mbye could be left to just do a job, he could do it well.

Personally I was very pleasantly surprised with his performance in the centres. Defensively he was the best in the comp and i think there is a bit of upside there.

Overall I was pleased with the way Madge read him and used him last year. Massive difference from previous coaches in that when something wasnt working, we didnt just keep banging away it it for a whole season (think Rankin etc).

This is the problem with Mbye. He’s a great player, just not worth his price tag. His price is where all the issues stem from (and his inability to catch the ball @ fullback too). If he’s on 500k and playing centre, no problem there. His form at centre was really good.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.