Wests Tigers snare teen tyro Utoikamanu...

@Krammy said in Wests Tigers snare teen tyro Utoikamanu...:

To me the Eels have got a hide not releasing him. Regardless of timeframes, they have taken our best player from 2019 who still had 2 years left on his contract. Now they want to stop this kid coming early to us, at the same time lessening what he can earn this year. Come on Eels - a bit of dignity please!

Plus there is family history with him and the eels that has lead to him hating the club

He has told parra he doesn’t want to be there now or ever and even though he is not going to tank it he has no desire to make his NRL debut with parra

Parra upgraded their offer 3 times when that found out about our offer and he declined each time and promptly signed with us

@jirskyr said in Wests Tigers snare teen tyro Utoikamanu...:

To me the Eels have got a hide not releasing him. Regardless of timeframes, they have taken our best player from 2019 who still had 2 years left on his contract. Now they want to stop this kid coming early to us, at the same time lessening what he can earn this year. Come on Eels - a bit of dignity please!

Mate they have none, you are appealing to absolutely the wrong club and wrong fanbase. Even Doggies fans have a little bit of dignity and self-awareness.

Parra club and fans are on their own disillusioned planet of self-righteousness and entitlement. Worst club in the NRL.

Wow

That’s a near perfect description of those 2 headed grubs

There is only fleating moments when I hate other clubs more but it doesn’t last long

@jirskyr said in Wests Tigers snare teen tyro Utoikamanu...:

@Geo said in Wests Tigers snare teen tyro Utoikamanu...:

@Tcat said in Wests Tigers snare teen tyro Utoikamanu...:

Yeah, the Eels management are definitely scum bags. They think if the bump him into their top 30, he will reneg his deal. I hope the Eels, Panthers and South’s all come equal last.

Head of football operations Mark ONeill…wouldn’t have a axe to grind surely…

Well he shouldn’t have allegedly done that thing he allegedly did, allegedly.

No loss anyway

@hsvjones said in Wests Tigers snare teen tyro Utoikamanu...:

This is where the current system does not work… The NRL need to step in and assist or scrap the rule that you can sign a player for the year after… Such a grey area that needs addressing and surprised the Players Union has not spoke to NRL about it.

Totally agree. What’s the point in that?

Fans find it hard to support that player knowing he’s leaving, player finds it hard to keep focus and will constantly be under scrutiny whilst his new club pray he doesn’t seriously injure himself.

Hate it.

There is absolutely no reason for them to keep him…
They have tried to change his mind and offered a top 30 spot and he declined…
Why waste your time and money developing a player that is leaving.
I can understand if this player was in your starting team and you don’t have a replacement (E.g. Arrow) but this is a player that has not played a game of NRL and they have a truck load of big guys ahead of him with 1st grade experience.

This is where the current system does not work… The NRL need to step in and assist or scrap the rule that you can sign a player for the year after… Such a grey area that needs addressing and surprised the Players Union has not spoke to NRL about it.

He doesn’t want to be there full stop

But the club is that delusional they just don’t get it and probably never will

The sought of club that thinks that every player at every other club is upset because they can’t play for parra

The signing of contracts 15 months in advance and then pressuring current club into a release needs to stop, it is terrible for the game!

He will be at Concord before the start of the season. No inside goss, but zero point in holding onto a player who wants out and Parra will come to the party. They have been trying to get him to back flip hence the delay, but there is no back flip, so a deal will be done

I can understand if this player was in your starting team and you don’t have a replacement (E.g. Arrow) but this is a player that has not played a game of NRL and they have a truck load of big guys ahead of him with 1st grade experience.

I disagree this is where the contract system works. The existing club should not have to release a player a year early because he signed elsewhere .
Matto could be a example used . Say instead of him acting like a tool to get out of the contract he instead signed a contract with parra do start in 3 years when his tigers contract expired , does that mean tigers should release him , ofc not . However in mattos case due to his salary and impact on rest of playing group he was let out of contract . With stef on peanuts , him having a whinge won’t impact playing group and with eels thinking they are in a premiership window, it’s a no brainer for them to keep him as they should if they plan on using him at some stage of the year

last edited by Anon-lurker

Yeah, the Eels management are definitely scum bags. They think if the bump him into their top 30, he will reneg his deal. I hope the Eels, Panthers and South’s all come equal last.

He would have to put some pants on to sign the release. Not happening any time soon

@Harvey said in Wests Tigers snare teen tyro Utoikamanu...:

He would have to put some pants on to sign the release. Not happening any time soon

What the pants or the release ??

@cochise said in Wests Tigers snare teen tyro Utoikamanu...:

The signing of contracts 15 months in advance and then pressuring current club into a release needs to stop, it is terrible for the game!

100% agree.

You wouldn’t have all the crap is going on now with Arrow, Mitchell etc seeking releases. But why do clubs and fans, including us, expect a club to release a player a year early.

One thing I have learnt over the years is to never expect anything from anybody then you will never be disappointed.

@Anon-lurker said in Wests Tigers snare teen tyro Utoikamanu...:

I disagree this is where the contract system works. The existing club should not have to release a player a year early because he signed elsewhere .
Matto could be a example used . Say instead of him acting like a tool to get out of the contract he instead signed a contract with parra do start in 3 years when his tigers contract expired , does that mean tigers should release him , ofc not . However in mattos case due to his salary and impact on rest of playing group he was let out of contract . With stef on peanuts , him having a whinge won’t impact playing group and with eels thinking they are in a premiership window, it’s a no brainer for them to keep him as they should if they plan on using him at some stage of the year

I think you may not have understood my post.

I know Eels don’t have to release him and that’s the NRL rules.
It just doesn’t make sense for them to keep him and its just the right thing to do. It gives the young guy a better pay packet for him and family plus the opportunity to play 1st grade.
Matto situation is completely different as you cannot sign elsewhere that long in advance - Tryo is only 1 year in advance (in the rule of the game) and not 2/3 years.

Anyway everyone has their own thoughts and i respect that.

i find it hilarious that Eels fans are saying ‘he is ripping in at training, he obviously wants to be here’

ahh no thats just what a professional does, unlike the little bitches you are used to signing

@thegbone said in Wests Tigers snare teen tyro Utoikamanu...:

i find it hilarious that Eels fans are saying ‘he is ripping in at training, he obviously wants to be here’

ahh no thats just what a professional does, unlike the little bitches you are used to signing

I just had a look at their forum and just LOLed at this post:

25b3916b-b443-4035-b93d-b258ea18abdc-image.png

@4jtigers said in Wests Tigers snare teen tyro Utoikamanu...:

@thegbone said in Wests Tigers snare teen tyro Utoikamanu...:

I just had a look at their forum and just LOLed at this post:

25b3916b-b443-4035-b93d-b258ea18abdc-image.png

LOL… Seem they forgot about Moses and Matterson breaking a contract to go to them 🤷‍♂️

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.