Josh Addo Carr Contract Discussion

@bigsiro said in Josh Addo Carr Contract Discussion:

@tigerap said in Josh Addo Carr Contract Discussion:

@Geo said in Josh Addo Carr Contract Discussion:

Lets give them something they might want…Luke Brooks to Storm for Addo-Carr…

April fools…?

That Us !!!

Sometimes I think our lack of making finals is just 1 long April fools joke…gonna end any day now

@Tiger_Steve said in Josh Addo Carr Contract Discussion:

Sadly 1/3 of the forum would like this

I think you’ll find it’s well more than 1/3 who have realised the Brooks experiment failed years ago already but whatever because sadly 2/3 of the forum would rather us persist with players like Brooks, nofa and Lawrence rather than make the top 8 because they “try their best”.

As a thought experiment only, I’d would love to be able to revisit this conversation if Luke Brooks had run around for 3 or 4 seasons within a better roster like Roosters or Storm.

He’s pre-judged because he’s always played for Tigers, and some Tigers fans expect him to be the difference between finals and not finals. If he’d done a Tedesco and buggered off, one can only wonder what kind of success he may / may not have found somewhere else.

Same as Tedesco may still not have played finals football if he stayed here.

Brooks had always played in a weak side. Give the guy a decent roster, then judge him

@jirskyr said in Josh Addo Carr Contract Discussion:

@Tiger_Steve said in Josh Addo Carr Contract Discussion:

Sadly 1/3 of the forum would like this

I think you’ll find it’s well more than 1/3 who have realised the Brooks experiment failed years ago already but whatever because sadly 2/3 of the forum would rather us persist with players like Brooks, nofa and Lawrence rather than make the top 8 because they “try their best”.

As a thought experiment only, I’d would love to be able to revisit this conversation if Luke Brooks had run around for 3 or 4 seasons within a better roster like Roosters or Storm.

He’s pre-judged because he’s always played for Tigers, and some Tigers fans expect him to be the difference between finals and not finals. If he’d done a Tedesco and buggered off, one can only wonder what kind of success he may / may not have found somewhere else.

Same as Tedesco may still not have played finals football if he stayed here.

So true
The kid has been blasted so many times by fans
Which I get ,he plays one of the most important positions on the field
He almost won Daly m
Crazy!considering how average our team was that year.
There are times I feel for him. Especially 2019 season.he gets slow ball with the defence already in his face.uses his speed to make space only too have guys outside of him scratch their head

@tiga4eva said in Josh Addo Carr Contract Discussion:

Brooks had always played in a weak side. Give the guy a decent roster, then judge him

The poor bloke will be retired before that happens.

@jirskyr
Teddy and Brooks are worlds apart.

JAC is the best winger in the comp and Brooks is probably bottom five halfbacks.

If Brooks had potential and we had no idea how he might play then for sure a gamble for a class halfback is worth it, but with our Brooks history and seeing how amazing JAC is, this theoretical swap is a no brainer.

I just don’t understand why we all don’t realize that we have to do something drastically different to win.
The pack is arguably weaker than last year and people are getting excited that Brooks will play better behind this pack. What the??
Why fall into the same trap as the last five years
because Brooks will invariably disappoint again and everyone will blame our pack again.

Just let’s all get a head start and admit our pack is weak right now and Brooks has a pass for another crappy season.

I bet JAC ends up at Souffs, we’ll offer him a $$ contract and Souffs will then know how much they will need, and they will release AJ or DG, if not both … and somehow remarkably Souffs will have the best winger in the game in their side. Since the Storm are losing both their wingers they might just snap up both AJ and DG to fix that problem.

JAC is the best winger in the comp and Brooks is probably bottom five halfbacks.

Well that’s just nonsense. You can’t have a proper conversation if you don’t accept that Brooks is at least middle or better of all the halfbacks going around.

Rd 25 2019 starting halfbacks:

A Reynolds
Cronk
Jahrome Hughes
Morgan
Moses
DCE
Sezer
Blake Green
Lachlan Lewis
Turpin
Tanah Boyd
Hunt
Cleary
Junior Jr
Brooks
The Chad

You don’t reckon Brooks has performed better than any more than 4 of those blokes over the last few seasons?

Even potentially the most in-form halfback of 2019, DCE, hardly set the world on fire.

I will also say, unless your halfback is potentially the worst and you have some gun going around in reserves, I would never ever ever ever trade a halfback for a winger, not even a rep winger.

last edited by jirskyr

I just don’t understand why we all don’t realize that we have to do something drastically different to win.

Doesn’t 9th 3/4 seasons tell you we don’t have to do something drastically different to win?

It’s not like 8th is covered by an impenetrable force field that we haven’t the technology to breach.

It’s a win here or there, a bit more consistency, some luck of the bounce.

You never ever get close to your target and then abandon everything in the strategy that got you that close.

Brooks’ defense was outstanding last season too - you can tell Garner gave him a lot of confidence. Some shots he put on bigger men were impressive, he’ll kick on I’ve no doubts

last edited by Ponyo

@Ponyo said in Josh Addo Carr Contract Discussion:

Brooks’ defense was outstanding last season too - you can tell Garner gave him a lot of confidence. Some shots he put on bigger men were impressive, he’ll kick on I’ve no doubts

Brooks gave Garner confidence more like…snapped Burgi like a twig…

@jirskyr

If Brooks had potential and we had no idea how he might play then for sure a gamble for a class halfback is worth it, but with our Brooks history and seeing how amazing JAC is, this theoretical swap is a no brainer.

The pack is arguably weaker than last year and people are getting excited that Brooks will play better behind this pack. What the??
because Brooks will invariably disappoint again and everyone will blame our pack again.

Just let’s all get a head start and admit our pack is weak right now and Brooks has a pass for another crappy season.

I wonder how Brooks got into the NSW SoO train on squad? I suppose that DallyM trophy is a consolation prize for running 9th?

@jirskyr

Mate, a winger is not going to make much of a difference by himself

@Ponyo said in Josh Addo Carr Contract Discussion:

Brooks gave Garner confidence more like…snapped Burgi like a twig…

Right. He’s upgraded recently until 2022 whether some of the fans here like it or not. One of the more consistent players over the years, he’s serviced us well behind a cabbage patch forward pack as others have noted earlier. Couldn’t think of many people at the club more deserving of success than Brooksy. It’s crazy talk to think about trading or swapping him for JAC.

last edited by Ponyo

And has had no strike players to feed out wide

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.