Josh Addo Carr Contract Discussion

@GNR4LIFE said in Josh Addo Carr wants out at Melbourne:

@teddy23 said in Josh Addo Carr wants out at Melbourne:

@Russell said in Josh Addo Carr wants out at Melbourne:

Melbourne are too smooth of operators to let JAC walk with no compensation, especially after releasing both Chambers and Scott with them already being short in the backline.

I’d happily offer them Momo, they may see the potential in him and he probably won’t get any game time if we do get JAC

Glad your not working for Wests Tigers then.

Why would you trade one of - if not our best backline player during the last half of 2019.

They could have Jennings, Mbye or nobody imo.

No offence, but you’re delusional if you think Melbourne will let JAC (a NSW and Australian representative) go for Robert Jennings lol

Mbye maybe

However, if I was “working for the Wests Tigers” and the papers are in front of me and I’m able to get JAC for Momo you bet your a*s I’m signing that without hesitation

Mbye and Talau in centres
JAC and Nofa on the wings

No offence to Momo, but do you think Melbourne would consider a guy whose player a dozen first games, reasonable compensation for an Australian winger?

I don’t think Melbourne would really be interested i Jennings, Mbye, Nofo, Momo, or Thommo to be perfectly honest.

@OzLuke said in Josh Addo Carr wants out at Melbourne:

@851 said in Josh Addo Carr wants out at Melbourne:

Melbourne are too smooth of operators to let JAC walk with no compensation, especially after releasing both Chambers and Scott with them already being short in the backline.

I’d happily offer them Momo, they may see the potential in him and he probably won’t get any game time if we do get JAC

Wouldn’t be so sure, Momo is a 6 who can handle centre, we could give them Jennings

And then watch Jennings score 54 tries in 13 games…Cheyse Blair syndrome…nuffie turned into grand final winning superstar

If he had to beat somebody - he wouldn’t score 54 tries before he was 54 , let alone in 13 games.

😂👏

Speaking of Robert Jennings did anyone see photos of him at preseason training? Looks like he’s dropped a lot of weight.

👍

@avocadoontoast said in Josh Addo Carr wants out at Melbourne:

Speaking of Robert Jennings did anyone see photos of him at preseason training? Looks like he’s dropped a lot of weight.

End of contract maybe …

Wouldn’t be so sure, Momo is a 6 who can handle centre, we could give them Jennings

And then watch Jennings score 54 tries in 13 games…Cheyse Blair syndrome…nuffie turned into grand final winning superstar

Just a slight exaggeration there, though he is certainly looking a damn sight fitter than he was this past season. JAC would be a bonus and a big step up, but let’s hope that Jennings form will lift in line with his fitness.

👍

@formerguest said in Josh Addo Carr wants out at Melbourne:

Just a slight exaggeration there, though he is certainly looking a d**n sight fitter than he was this past season. JAC would be a bonus and a big step up, but let’s hope that Jennings form will lift in line with his fitness.

Here’s the photo, i’m hoping he has a good year too.

RJ.jpg

@GNR4LIFE said in Josh Addo Carr wants out at Melbourne:

Glad your not working for Wests Tigers then.

Why would you trade one of - if not our best backline player during the last half of 2019.

They could have Jennings, Mbye or nobody imo.

No offence, but you’re delusional if you think Melbourne will let JAC (a NSW and Australian representative) go for Robert Jennings lol

Mbye maybe

However, if I was “working for the Wests Tigers” and the papers are in front of me and I’m able to get JAC for Momo you bet your a*s I’m signing that without hesitation

Mbye and Talau in centres
JAC and Nofa on the wings

No offence to Momo, but do you think Melbourne would consider a guy whose player a dozen first games, reasonable compensation for an Australian winger?

I don’t think Melbourne would really be interested i Jennings, Mbye, Nofo, Momo, or Thommo to be perfectly honest.

There’s always someone on here who’s prepared to go out on a limb and suggest that we sweeten the deal for any release we’re asking for from another club by throwing in our worst contract. It’s like, if you come and do my guttering I’ll let you take home the broken fridge I’ve had sat in my front yard for months. Win-win, no?

😂

He looks a lot fitter then last year.

Momirovski is a centre, and our best centre at that.

They would want someone like Talau. But i’d play hardball and not give him up.

💪

@balmain-boy said in Josh Addo Carr wants out at Melbourne:

Respect your opinion but I think Momo is well below Mbye. Totally different class of players imo.

@avocadoontoast
Momo has scored more tries at centre for us than Mbye has, was defensively solid, kicked goals. First back picked. Mbye is the old cliche jack of all trades, master of none. He has no clear position. Maybe centre, maybe fullback, maybe hooker, maybe 5/8.

Mmo has played centre for the past few years and done well. Just because Mbye played origin as a backup hooker doesn’t make him a better centre.

last edited by balmain boy

Momo has scored more tries at centre for us than Mbye has, was defensively solid, kicked goals. First back picked. Mbye is the old cliche jack of all trades, master of none. He has no clear position. Maybe centre, maybe fullback, maybe hooker, maybe 5/8.

Mmo has played centre for the past few years and done well. Just because Mbye played origin as a backup hooker doesn’t make him a better centre.

In the games I saw I thought Mbye was far stronger. Better defensively, better passing game and a lot faster. Kicks just as good too.

But I guess we all see the game differently. I could be wrong (often am!)

Shouldn’t give anyone up. Eels didn’t for Matterson. If this situation progresses.

last edited by WT2K

@avocadoontoast

IMO Mbye was the best defensive centre in the club last year in his games that he played there. His edge was solid and he whacked a few blokes. He also has by far the best passing game of any of our centres. I think Mbye has the potential to make centre his spot at the club and I think centre is his best spot for us.

You can understand why JAC wants out. When you’ve got a kid on the way, especially your second, it’s so important to have family around.

Let’s see if Melbourne caring about him and his family is just lip service or they mean what they say. I’m going to guess it’s the former.

last edited by hammertime

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.