Josh Addo Carr Contract Discussion

@TigerWest said in Josh Addo Carr wants out at Melbourne:

NRL reporting that the WT’s have turned there attention to signing JAC.

Can always leave Thommo at FB

Thommo is not a fullback. He’s hopeless there. He’s a good winger.

Michael Chammas reporting we are after JAC…

Most reputable journo out there, so i am stoked…

Hopefully we get this over the line

If we get Lomax and JAC for a million that would be a great result still.

The Wests Tigers have turned their attention to Melbourne flyer Josh Addo-Carr after withdrawing their offer to Latrell Mitchell on Thursday morning.

Within hours of pulling the pin on their four-year deal with Mitchell, NRL.com can reveal the Tigers made enquiries with Addo-Carr’s management about the prospect of bringing the international winger back to the club.

The Tigers, who grew frustrated with Mitchell’s indecision about his future, are desperate to add some speed to their backline and have now identified Addo-Carr as their priority after Nine News reported on Wednesday night that he was meeting with Storm officials about a potential release from his remaining two years.

Addo-Carr is believed to be keen to return to Sydney due to personal reasons and made his NRL debut at the Tigers in 2016 before moving to Melbourne and establishing himself as a NSW and Australian representative.

He was also a member of the Storm’s 2017 premiership-winning squad.

The Tigers are yet to make an official comment on their interest in Addo-Carr.

The club had offered Mitchell a lucrative three-year deal but have grown frustrated with the drawn-out negotiation process in the past few weeks.

The 22-year-old NSW Origin star, who is contracted to the Roosters for next season but can negotiate with clubs for 2021 and beyond, has been linked to several clubs this off-season.

The Roosters retracted their contract offer for Mitchell earlier this month

@avocadoontoast said in Josh Addo Carr wants out at Melbourne:

@TigerWest said in Josh Addo Carr wants out at Melbourne:

NRL reporting that the WT’s have turned there attention to signing JAC.

Can always leave Thommo at FB

Thommo is not a fullback. He’s hopeless there. He’s a good winger.

I guess he’s lucky you are not the coach

Anyone seriously believe were gonna get him?
Well end up resurrecting Kieran Foran

Brent Read on the JAC situation.
https://twitter.com/brentread_7/status/1199842495351312384?s=19
JAC stuff has been going on for weeks now. Will come down to Craig and whether he is willing to let him go. Given the players they have already lost, I reckon he will stay another 12 months and then go

I don’t think I have the will to do another one of these. Add to that JAC doesn’t tick as many boxes as LM may have, I find it hard to care or get interested in his signing. Another winger, Yay.

last edited by tigerbalm

I love JAC, but it’s just way too high a price to pay for a winger when we’re so weak in the spine.

Can we transform him into a fullback?

But hang on. The deal with LM was apparently a certainty wasn’t it? Waiting on marketing, waiting on the fires to be over…

If JAC comes, LM will come.

will this thread reach nearly 200 pages as well 👀

JAC in the 1 jersey at the Tigers?
I like

@rustycage said in Josh Addo Carr wants out at Melbourne:

But hang on. The deal with LM was apparently a certainty wasn’t it? Waiting on marketing, waiting on the fires to be over…

He had verbally agreed to sign with us.

In most cases this would be a certainty to develop. Mitchell knew there could be other options out there if he waited, but if he was happy to verbally agree to sign then yes it’s fair enough to think it was a formality and the promotions would be worked on from there.

@avocadoontoast said in Josh Addo Carr wants out at Melbourne:

@balmain-boy said in Josh Addo Carr wants out at Melbourne:

Yet he left us because we didn’t gift him a jersey and him not wanting to earn it…

I think in hindsight we’ve looked pretty silly there. Having Rankin on the wing instead of him was one of JT’s biggest shockers.

Did that really happen? I must have blanked it out… My god… 🤦

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.