Wests Tigers Sign Luciano Leilua till 2022

@GNR4LIFE said in Wests Tigers Sign Luciano Leilua till 2022:

@The_Patriot said in Wests Tigers Sign Luciano Leilua till 2022:

@GNR4LIFE said in Wests Tigers Sign Luciano Leilua till 2022:

@The_Patriot said in Wests Tigers Sign Luciano Leilua till 2022:

Love it.

Now let’s see if Maguire can get him fitter and some minutes out of him

Love the old “If coach x can get him fit”. Awesome cliche.

He needs to play more minutes. Nothing cliche about that

The last 3 games of the year he played 70 plus.

Yep, if he can keep that up most games he will be a great buy.

Hopefully Madge can get him off the durries

Just love seeing that smiling face of a talented youngster who’s happy to be here!
It’s a sight for these sore jaded eyes, I can tell you…

Luciano Leilua ready to take game to next level at Wests Tigers

By Adrian Proszenko
December 7, 2019 — 4.57pm

Luciano Leilua is angling for a starting spot. One at his new team the Wests Tigers. If that all goes to plan, maybe even for the Blues.

“I want to play consistent footy each week and try to make my way up there to representative footy,” Leilua told the Herald. "Just go from there. [State of Origin] has always [been a goal], but first I have to play well for the club and everything will work out.

“Definitely the next step is to play good footy and work towards that goal.”

Leilua has left one joint-venture club for another. He was released from St George Illawarra to join the Tigers, a move that allowed Trent Merrin to return to the Red V. Ostensibly, he’s a replacement for Ryan Matterson, another back-rower that released and found himself back at Parramatta.

For Leilua, the move has come at a good time. The Samoan international had made 43 NRL appearances since debuting for the Dragons in 2016, but felt he needed a change to get to the next level. It’s only taken a handful of training sessions with his new Tigers teammates to convince him he’s made the right decision.

“I’m excited to play here,” he said. "A new coach and a new bunch of boys as well, I’ve fitted in really well, it’s been an easy transition. Definitely, it was a good time for a change, I wasn’t really feeling it over there.

"I’m really excited now and looking forward to putting my head down and working hard.

"Making this change, it’s a great opportunity for me to try to get that starting spot.

“It’s been healthy competition at training, everyone has been fighting hard, so it’s been good.”

Leilua gives the Tigers something different with the ball in hand. Like his brother, Raiders centre Joseph Leilua, the 23-year-old possesses the ball skills and unpredictability that Tigers coach Michael Maguire felt his side required to threaten opposition defences.

He won’t have to wait long to show his former club what they are missing. He will return to WIN Stadium for the Tigers’ opening-round clash against the Dragons.

“If I get the opportunity to play against them, that would be good,” he said. "I’m not really focusing on them, we’re focusing on working hard on pre-season, taking it day by day.

"I don’t have to prove anything to anyone, just to myself. There will be a bit of banter, of course there will be. It will be a bit emotional but it will be good.

"Obviously it was my junior club but times change and you have to move on with life.

“I was a Dragons fan but I was also rooting for (former Dragons teammate) Benji (Marshall). Whenever Benji played, I went for Benji. It’s going to be good to play with him again.”

https://amp.theage.com.au/sport/nrl/luciano-leilua-ready-to-take-game-to-next-level-at-wests-tigers-20191207-p53htz.html

last edited by BalmainJnr
😺

“I wasn’t really feeling it over there”

Is the most interesting remark for me

@AnnandaleTiger said in Wests Tigers Sign Luciano Leilua till 2022:

Look at the coach. Hardly inspire confidence being led by him.

Titans fans have more positivity than Dragons fans.

@AnnandaleTiger said in Wests Tigers Sign Luciano Leilua till 2022:

McGregor as coach. All that needs to be said.

@BalmainJnr said in Wests Tigers Sign Luciano Leilua till 2022:

Luciano Leilua ready to take game to next level at Wests Tigers

By Adrian Proszenko
December 7, 2019 — 4.57pm

Luciano Leilua is angling for a starting spot. One at his new team the Wests Tigers. If that all goes to plan, maybe even for the Blues.

“I want to play consistent footy each week and try to make my way up there to representative footy,” Leilua told the Herald. "Just go from there. [State of Origin] has always [been a goal], but first I have to play well for the club and everything will work out.

“Definitely the next step is to play good footy and work towards that goal.”

Leilua has left one joint-venture club for another. He was released from St George Illawarra to join the Tigers, a move that allowed Trent Merrin to return to the Red V. Ostensibly, he’s a replacement for Ryan Matterson, another back-rower that released and found himself back at Parramatta.

For Leilua, the move has come at a good time. The Samoan international had made 43 NRL appearances since debuting for the Dragons in 2016, but felt he needed a change to get to the next level. It’s only taken a handful of training sessions with his new Tigers teammates to convince him he’s made the right decision.

“I’m excited to play here,” he said. "A new coach and a new bunch of boys as well, I’ve fitted in really well, it’s been an easy transition. Definitely, it was a good time for a change, I wasn’t really feeling it over there.

"I’m really excited now and looking forward to putting my head down and working hard.

"Making this change, it’s a great opportunity for me to try to get that starting spot.

“It’s been healthy competition at training, everyone has been fighting hard, so it’s been good.”

Leilua gives the Tigers something different with the ball in hand. Like his brother, Raiders centre Joseph Leilua, the 23-year-old possesses the ball skills and unpredictability that Tigers coach Michael Maguire felt his side required to threaten opposition defences.

He won’t have to wait long to show his former club what they are missing. He will return to WIN Stadium for the Tigers’ opening-round clash against the Dragons.

“If I get the opportunity to play against them, that would be good,” he said. "I’m not really focusing on them, we’re focusing on working hard on pre-season, taking it day by day.

"I don’t have to prove anything to anyone, just to myself. There will be a bit of banter, of course there will be. It will be a bit emotional but it will be good.

"Obviously it was my junior club but times change and you have to move on with life.

“I was a Dragons fan but I was also rooting for (former Dragons teammate) Benji (Marshall). Whenever Benji played, I went for Benji. It’s going to be good to play with him again.”

https://amp.theage.com.au/sport/nrl/luciano-leilua-ready-to-take-game-to-next-level-at-wests-tigers-20191207-p53htz.html

Least the bloke is aiming for the skies …lets hope he gets there and stays here lol

🐅😀

Not getting a starting spot with the Dragons says more about Mary McGregor’s judgement than LL’s talent!

@Spud_Murphy said in Wests Tigers Sign Luciano Leilua till 2022:

@NT_Tiger said in Wests Tigers Sign Luciano Leilua till 2022:

This post is deleted!

Seems like a common theme.

Welcome Luciano

What the heck? This forum is becoming like a kindergarten, we can’t say any adult words without it being either *** out or completely deleted now. I saw someone write ‘b***s’ (think footballs) on their post and it was ***** out, like mine probably will be now as well. Like really? The policing is becoming a bit over the top.

G’day @Spud_Murphy : I reckon it’s a darn good opportunity for all of us, that includes me, to be a little ‘kinder’ and more ‘respectful’ to each other in choosing the descriptive words and phrases we use in our posts.

If we can’t all come up with better words to use as alternatives to using the 3 letter G word, or the 5 letter J word as well as all the other common descriptive words, I reckon that makes us pretty common people.

Look what happened in @GNR4LIFE thread re weight and fitness for example…from memory, not one put down or naughty word.
Every poster was respectful of everyone else’s opinion even though there were differing views of the same suggestion.

It’s really not that hard to use words that help to expand our vocabulary 👍

I admit I have flagged several posts for moderation by the 'ministrators, and I agree with the crack down

@WT2K said in Wests Tigers Sign Luciano Leilua till 2022:

IMG_20191130_094806.jpg

G’day WT2K : just a reminder to be respectful of our Wests Tigers fans from the Wests Magpies side of our club, by remembering our Wests Tigers colours are orange black and white

@Madgic said in Wests Tigers Sign Luciano Leilua till 2022:

Not getting a starting spot with the Dragons says more about Mary McGregor’s judgement than LL’s talent!

Dunno that back row was a pretty damn fine thing at full strength

@MAGPIES1963 said in Wests Tigers Sign Luciano Leilua till 2022:

@WT2K said in Wests Tigers Sign Luciano Leilua till 2022:

IMG_20191130_094806.jpg

G’day WT2K : just a reminder to be respectful of our Wests Tigers fans from the Wests Magpies side of our club, by remembering our Wests Tigers colours are orange black and white

Don’t think you can put a white heart… don’t get upset about it

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.