Our Media

I have a very good friend who was caught up in a very public debate this year. I won’t go into details as the topic is not important. What is important though is she showed me articles written in mainstream media, about her and her actions, that were 100% fictitious. Not even close. Not even a misrepresentation. Just made up crap. It nearly killed her - literally. She was hospitalised and only just pulled through.
My point is this: Hooper, Crawley, Ritchie Etc are absolute pond scum. They make crap up. They are dishonest. As a forum member I would like to urge us all to take a step back and stop giving these absolute grubs any air time.
I only heard the details of my friends ordeal last night so I am emotional still. But I tell you this - my days of reading the garbage written by these cretins is over. The days of Believing the garbage on the Fox shows Is over.
I need to be much more discerning in who I read and watch. I strongly urge all of us to do the same. Journalism should be the presenting of fact with occasional opinion, not Th e garbage we are enduring.

Side note: there will be a suicide at some stage directly linked to the lies spewed forth on social media by journalists. Let’s minimise their influence!

last edited by Geo

If the journos are expressing an opinion it should be stated as such.

Instead many just express their opinion and miss lead readers as to it being fact.

Don’t know how some of them lie straight in bed.

@Tiger_Steve said in Our Media:

I have a very good friend who was caught up in a very public debate this year. I won’t go into details as the topic is not important. What is important though is she showed me articles written in mainstream media, about her and her actions, that were 100% fictitious. Not even close. Not even a misrepresentation. Just made up crap. It nearly killed her - literally. She was hospitalised and only just pulled through.
My point is this: Hooper, Crawley, Ritchie Etc are absolute pond scum. They make crap up. They are dishonest. As a forum member I would like to urge us all to take a step back and stop giving these absolute grubs any air time.
I only heard the details of my friends ordeal last night so I am emotional still. But I tell you this - my days of reading the garbage written by these cretins is over. The days of Believing the garbage on the Fox shows Is over.
I need to be much more discerning in who I read and watch. I strongly urge all of us to do the same. Journalism should be the presenting of fact with occasional opinion, not Th e garbage we are enduring.

Side note: there will be a suicide at some stage directly linked to the lies spewed forth on social media by journalists. Let’s minimise their influence!

Mate an excellent post, the quality of journalism, not just sports journalism, in the 21st century is a disgrace. Quality journalism should be a exposition of both sides of the argument allowing the reader to digest the facts and information and come to their own conclusions. Opinion pieces should be the exception and not the norm that they have become.

last edited by Geo

@cochise said in Our Media:

@Tiger_Steve said in Our Media:

My point is this: Fwits like Hooper, Crawley, Ritchie Etc are absolute pond scum. They make crap up. They are dishonest. As a forum member I would like to urge us all to take a step back and stop giving these absolute grubs any air time.

Mate an excellent post, the quality of journalism, not just sports journalism, in the 21st century is a disgrace. Quality journalism should be a exposition of both sides of the argument allowing the reader to digest the facts and information and come to their own conclusions. Opinion pieces should be the exception and not the norm that they have become.

100% agree. Have thought this for a long time but just now motivated to post. Journalism today is a joke

Opinion peices should be headed by the fact that it is an opinion by the journalists, nothing more or less. A proper news item will have quotes and names / roles of people providing those quotes

When was the last time you read an actual match review about a game, where it described how a try was scored etc or a brillaint passage of play.They’re all just gossip journos now. It’s pathetic how poor the standard has become

last edited by tiga4eva

Firstly Steve sorry to hear of your friends ordeal…Hopefully she has good people around her to help her through…

On Sports reporting I’m a bit surprised people actually do buy into it…the old saying is don’t believe anything unless it’s official from the Club is a good way to approach things IMO

I find them amusing more than anything and good for the lol’s…One of Poopers best the year was Korisau singing with the Dogs for 3 years done deal…nek minnit in less than 24hrs he signed with the Pamfers…one of the best damn I thought we had him in a while…

True sports journalism died with Chippy and even he had his moments of sensationalism…

I do miss the days you would open the paper and actually read about what happened in the game…sadly those days are gone forever

Simple answer is just keep suing the bastards …Print fairy tales at your own risk …

@Geo said in Our Media:

Firstly Steve sorry to hear of your friends ordeal…Hopefully she has good people around her to help her through…

I do miss the days you would open the paper and actually read about what happened in the game…sadly those days are gone forever

1.  Agree with Geo - and hope your friend is doing OK.

2. Journalism full stop - Is no longer the facts, but rather some slanted view to suit veiled agendas.

3. As someone once said:  there is Fake News.     Sadly he was correct.

4. I loved the olden days footy match reporting that took the reader through the game, score by score and then had some interesting observations post match which brought everything together, talkng the game up.
last edited by tiger_one

Please excuse the black sections of the previous post - I did something but I’m not sure what I did! hahaha

@Geo said in Our Media:

On Sports reporting I’m a bit surprised people actually do buy into it…the old saying is don’t believe anything unless it’s official from the Club is a good way to approach things IMO

I find them amusing more than anything and good for the lol’s…One of Poopers best the year was Korisau singing with the Dogs for 3 years done deal…nek minnit in less than 24hrs he signed with the Pamfers…one of the best damn I thought we had him in a while…

True sports journalism died with Chippy and even he had his moments of sensationalism…

Thanks Geo.

It’s sad though isn’t it. We all love our team and the game so want to immerse ourselves in the game. But now the information available is just rubbish. And yes, it will never be any better unfortunately

I hope your friend is OK.
Basically the creative writers in the ‘press’ these days are more interested in creating a story than reporting facts.

I gave up long ago on the journalists and the rubbish they come up with. Not just sport but generally.
What did Frank Sinatra call them all those years ago during his Sydney concert visit “ f#@$& hookers” and how right he was.

last edited by momo_amp_medo

Even though I do, one doesnt have to have a PhD in Data Analytics to understand the MSM is perpetually pushing a narrative to shape their agenda, just look at the fake news Trump continually gets and the brainwashed masses down on their knees, mouth wide open lapping it all up as gospel. Its embarrassing when just a little bit of independent research can show most of it is blatantly false but people are either too dumbed down or time poor to look into anything for themselves and just read the clickbait headlines which is really all the media wants you to do, process the headline and retain it as fact even though most articles contain very little of the latter and just an agenda driven opinion. If all you do is retain the headline and go on about your day neglecting to fact check the article, the medias job is done and the narrative rolls on.

Unfortunately these journalists are mainly gossip writers who cater for the innate human nature of personal curiousity into other peoples lives. The more salacious their journalism is, the more newspapers/magazines they sell to the public. In this regard, these journalists and their editors have no conscience…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.