Leilua reflects on positive first week

Leilua reflects on positive first week
Author
Caitlyn Grant
Timestamp
Mon 9 Dec 2019, 10:21 AM

New Wests Tigers recruit Luciano Leilua began his second week at the club on Monday after inking a three-year deal with Michael Maguire’s men effective immediately.

Returning to training on December 2 alongside the club’s remaining NRL players, the 23-year-old reflected on his first week in his new colours as well as the transition period for him ahead of a big 2020 campaign.

“It’s been a good first week to get all the cobwebs out," said Leilua.

"The boys have been good with my transition here. I’m just trying to mingle with everyone and get to know each of the boys — they’ve all been great.

“It’s been helpful knowing [Michael] Chee Kam and [David] Nofoaluma through our time representing Samoa but it’s not just them that’s been great. Everyone including the staff have been really accomodating and good to me."

Fresh start.
New face.
Work hard.
Be ready. 💯#OurJungle pic.twitter.com/Xbmq8F6scH

— Wests Tigers (@WestsTigers) December 6, 2019
So far, Leilua is the only forward added to Wests Tigers’ NRL squad in 2020, and said he’d been speaking to Coach Michael Maguire about what the Premiership-winning coach wanted him to improve most on in the year ahead.

“I’ve spoken to Madge a few times and I’m just trying to get my head down to continue getting the work done," Leilua enthused.

"I’m working hard so when the season comes around, I’ll be ready.

“For me, the big things are working on my defence and getting fitter. That will help my overall game as a whole during pre-season.

“I feel good, it’s a fresh start and I’m a new face within the team. It’s been great being here at Wests Tigers; we have a good squad here and I’m really keen to get started."

got a feeling this guy is going to add a to our team

👍

Big Lucy will be a great addition to our forward pack - his creativity is much needed.

👍

Anyone know what side of the 2nd row he’s most suited?

@Toowoomba_Tiger said in Leilua reflects on positive first week:

Anyone know what side of the 2nd row he’s most suited?

mainly played left in the 20s but was predominantly on the right this year

my guess is thats where he’ll play for us outside Benji

Fitter Stronger Faster #1

💪

It’s good to know that he knows the two areas he needs to work on - defense and fitness. He improves these, and he is going to be very valuable to us.

Thanks. Surely Garner is left running off Brooks then

@joebob said in Leilua reflects on positive first week:

It’s good to know that he knows the two areas he needs to work on - defense and fitness. He improves these, and he is going to be very valuable to us.

100% Get Leilua rumbling through on the right edge and with Garner on the left, it gives Brooks and Benji some handy options.

👍

@willow said in Leilua reflects on positive first week:

100% Get Leilua rumbling through on the right edge and with Garner on the left, it gives Brooks and Benji some handy options.

He needs to work on that motor …you can’t have backrowers in the modern game that can’t pull big minutes if needed

@happy_tiger said in Leilua reflects on positive first week:

He needs to work on that motor …you can’t have backrowers in the modern game that can’t pull big minutes if needed

The last 3 games when Mary woke up to himself he ave 70mins a game and scored 2 meat pies…

Luciano seems like a nice young guy who’s prepared to work hard to take his game to the next level. I think we might have got ourselves a good one here.

👍

@Geo said in Leilua reflects on positive first week:

The last 3 games when Mary woke up to himself he ave 70mins a game and scored 2 meat pies…

You mean the 3 games that Tariq Simms missed because of his groin surgery after the dragons were out of contention …those 3 games …which you were denying happened 2 pages ago

Ok

It’s a smart signing by the tigers. Well done.

👍

@Geo said in Leilua reflects on positive first week:

You mean the 3 games that Tariq Simms missed because of his groin surgery after the dragons were out of contention …those 3 games …which you were denying happened 2 pages ago

Ok

Jackson Ford replaced Sims…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.