Golden Black and White Oldie

Just surfing thru Youtube and this Gem came up a - Collection of media reports at the time of the JV decision. Not sure if “Galahs Australia”, who posted this back in 2008, is a Forum member, but thanks for the Memories!

@LeichhardtTiger said in Golden Black and White Oldie:

Just surfing thru Youtube and this Gem came up a - Collection of media reports at the time of the JV decision. Not sure if “Galahs Australia”, who posted this back in 2008, is a Forum member, but thanks for the Memories!

We did used to have a member here called Galahs!

My fav throwback clip is…

That Sports Tonight story was how I found out the Merger votes went through!

@cochise said in Golden Black and White Oldie:

That Sports Tonight story was how I found out the Merger votes went through!

I was there. I spoke to John Chalk afterwards, at the bar downstairs. He made it clear that there was no alternative. The Parra deal was pathetic as an option and all Fitzgerald wanted was the Tigers Logo and no players, staff etc, they even had their own Parra Tiger Cap on display at their meeting! A very big Emo night! I hadn’t drunk that much beer until 2005. I’m feeling quite positive about this year. To me, it feels like there’s gonna be more hits than misses in 2020.

This is good to watch after all of the years that have past. It reminds us all (especially me) that the joint venture was definately the best way forward. I think alot of the bitterness stems from a lack of success as a whole over the past 20 years.

We really should have been a strong club from day 1, not the rabble we are today. I am hoping we see huge improvements this year and the years after.

Here is a TV report about Wests Magpies decision to join the Balmain Tigers in thier proposed joint venture:

(especially relevant to me as I know the champion lad in the Wests Jersey at the very front before you actually watch the clip)

last edited by tiger_one

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme