Hooker Battle

I have been hearing that Mbye is leading the battle for the hooker position. I think that is a poor call. We have seen Josh Reynolds play and his enthusiasm and intensity is awesome and he has to be hooker. Thought?

@dugwt said in Hooker Battle:

I have been hearing that Mbye is leading the battle for the hooker position. I think that is a poor call. We have seen Josh Reynolds play and his enthusiasm and intensity is awesome and he has to be hooker. Thought?

Stay off the drink…Walters will start the year @9

Agree about the intensity and enthusiasm,but his service is sloppy and his shoulders are cactus
No way he keeps up in defence
Mbye is a solid defender,pretty crisp with his hands too
I think he could be decent until simpkin is ready

This post is deleted!

Dont need to be rushing Jake Simkins yet his still a developing player and our hooker long tearm we should go with renolds he played hooker and five eight in a grand final young walters is a good defender and he has good ball skills mbye is covering both in case renolds gets suspened it all depends if they sign lusciano.

Reynolds can’t pass the ball from dummy half.

Prefer Mbye at fullback if we don’t sign one.

I think Mbye is the best option at hooker. Reynolds from what we’ve seen can’t pass the ball from dummy half or defend consistently for a period longer than about 3 minutes.

I think all 3 of Mbye, Reynolds and Walters will get their chances. Let’s see if any of them have the ability. Mbye could slot into the centres or fullback as well.

@tigerap said in Hooker Battle:

Stay off the drink…Walters will start the year @9

Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire has confirmed captain Moses Mbye has been training in the vacant hooking role as the club continues its push to land a marquee signing.

After starting last season at fullback, Mbye switched to the centres but is now preparing to make the transition to the dummy-half role vacated by Robbie Farah.

On the recruitment front, Maguire is adamant the club must learn from its sins of the past and avoid being panicked into overspending on the open market.

What level coaching certificate do you hold leave to the professionals to work out

I would hardly call it a battle.

More like a bunch of duds trying to fit their way into a team that really needs 1 position filled (if we sign BJ and AD)

Not a hooker among em.
Could hurt us.

Mbye is the most athletic tho and probably the most likely despite being average.

Sad reality of this club is our best hooker is 34 and playing at #6.

This post is deleted!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme